When do you open Christmas gifts?

best4less

• 1 month later...

We open gifts with:

Part of DH family on Dec. 17th

Group of friends on Dec. 18th

My dad's side of the family Christmas Eve morning (usually Christmas morning)

My DH's mother Christmas Eve around noon

My DH's extended family Christmas Eve around 3

and My family Christmas morning

Oh yeah, DH and I haven't figured out when we are going to open our gifts to each other yet.

Christmas morning....being that my dd and dh only have about 4 gifts to open each plus their stockings (everything they wanted was expensive this year LOL), we like to keep everything for Christmas morning. We will be out at a Christmas party Christmas Eve night, so we wont be home to open gifts anyway :)

We go to my parents house on x-mas eve and the kids get 3 ro 4 gifts from family friends and then a big gift bag from grammy. On x-mas day they get all the out of town family and friends plus mom/dad and santa gifts. Then x-mas afternoon the other grandparents show up with a bunch of junk from the clearance shelf just in case we don't have enough stuff... (can you tell i dislike the in-laws?)

U sually we do the IL on Christmas Eve and the one present for each kid especially from their daddy. Christmas morning we use to go really early (after stockings) for breakfast at my grandmothers house and then come home and open presents. Grandma passed away in April, and Christmas is on a Sunday. This year we are opening everything on Monday, everyone is off work and available so I would rather have the family all together than stick to the calander. It will last all day because we do one gift at a time.

We open ours as soon as Santa drops them off...usually around 2am. We store everything in the shed so they are nice and cold. Then shut the door and ring bells. The kids sleep very light and they wake up to those bells.

Wow! That's EARLY, lol.

I let the boys open a present from me on Christmas Eve. Typically it's been a big gift bag with jammies, slippers, and something small from me. I think this year it will be the things I got at Discovery Channel Store online last week with the special. :) I picked them up jammies, slippers, and robes at Children's Place. Speaking of which...I need to check if they went on sale.

When I was a kid, we could open 1 or 2 on Christmas Eve to tame the anxiety before we went to friends house for the evening and the rest were opened Christmas morning. With my kids since we live on the other side of the counrty from my family they get to open most gifts sent by family when they arrive. That also makes it easier for Thank You notes!

When I was little we would go to my grandparents' house during the evening on Christmas Eve. From there we would leave to go to Midnight Mass. We would arrive home around 1:30 in the morning (Christmas Day) and Santa had came while we were gone. That's when we would do everything.

Now I have kids of my own and have to share them with my ex, we do all of ours of Christmas Eve. My parents in the late morning, my new husband's family in the late afternoon, and "our" family in the late evening. We visit both our grandparents' houses on Christmas Day now.

We go to my in-laws on Christmas Eve to open presents, then to my family for dinner and presents. When we get home, the kids get to open one present each. We get to pick which one because they always want to pick the "real good" ones. Then on Christmas morning santa has came (he never wraps his stuff) and they enjoy all of that and then unwrap the things from my husband and me. It takes several hours to remember stockings so, that is a surprise later! Then the rest of the day is relaxing and trying to get a quick nap in! :g_zzz: