Gift ideas for my 9-year old daughter?

She's got an American girl doll, she can't get her ears pierced until she's 10, she's got a DS and MP3 player, what's left??? She has asked for a few small things for her birthday but the grandparents are taking care of those. I'm at a loss. Any good ideas??

i still remember one christmas getting a leopard coat and a leopard coat for my barbie doll. after all these years i still remember it.it may have been my birthday cuz my birthday was near christmas. maybe you can find an outfit or top for her and american girl doll that match. when is her birthday?

My youngest niece loved the bedroom "makeover" that I gave her. It consisted of a new comforter set, fluffy throw rug, decorative pillow, and inexpensive funky bedside lamp. I think all together I spent about $100 and it was one of the best received gifts!

My youngest niece loved the bedroom "makeover" that I gave her. It consisted of a new comforter set, fluffy throw rug, decorative pillow, and inexpensive funky bedside lamp. I think all together I spent about $100 and it was one of the best received gifts!

that could be cute. If you look around Target or JCPenney online they may have bundles on sale or you can make up your own. You can buy a bed set with some pillows and maybe a wall decal (with whatever theme/color she likes) and put in a big canvas storage basket in a color to match that way she can store stuff.

I also think the accessories for the doll would be good or maybe another AG doll or similar sized doll so she could play with them together. My hopes this year is to get my dgd a whole bunch of different outfits for her barbies this year.

You guys are great! My MIL is getting the AG accessories, but the camera and the room makeover are exactly what she'd like! I think I'll take her to the mall to look at bedding soon - her birthday isn't until late August but I want plenty of time to make the transformation. :D

Check Marshals, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc... for stuff for her room. I've seen so many cute comforters, pillows, lamps and furniture that would be so much fun in a girls room. Great prices too!

You could even have a favorite photo of hers enlarged for her new room.

Have fun!

Have you considered an experience gift? Take her to an amusement park, water park, concert, show, etc. Maybe you could let her invite her best friend along.

I agree! My almost 8 year old nephew was really into Justin Bieber so for his birthday last year I surprised him and took him to a JB concert! It was his favorite gift and he still raves about it. As my 12 yo has gotten older and has outgrown toys we have started doing trips, concerts, etc for birthdays and other holidays.

We had lunch at AG on opening day! Crazy!

Not sure about an experience. It's hard with a late summer birthday - most people are on vacation and then school/sports start. Plus she doesn't do amusements parks or concerts. Will have to think about ideas....

I think the room make over is a great idea! My dd is 9 and a half and Im slowly starting the room make over buying little things as I see them. Will really amp it up by Christmas and finish everything she needs for it by her 10th bday. She is SUPER excited everytime I buy her somerthing new for her room!

If you go the route of redecorating her room, check out hobby lobby for wall accessories and such. They have really cute things for a tween room. I really like the bedding sets that JC Penney offers, and you can get them at a pretty reasonable prce. We just moved, and when we decorated my daughters room, we chose a wall quote for above her bed, curtains with beads, and glitter letters from hobby lobby that spells out her name on an adjascent wall. She's turning ten, and loves it. Another idea, I bought my dd a vanity for her 9th. birthday, she's really getting into getting all girled up.

along the hobby lobby idea, my bff got some cork and white boards from ikea might be a good idea to post school reminders as well as doodle stuff day to day. Not sure if her name up in wooden letters would be too childish for her.

along the hobby lobby idea, my bff got some cork and white boards from ikea might be a good idea to post school reminders as well as doodle stuff day to day. Not sure if her name up in wooden letters would be too childish for her.

The wooden letters were pink glitter with scrolled edges, my 9 yr. old loved them. My 12 y. old has the metal ones that look distressed kind of like license plates.