Using other sale papers at WM

mrsbmb

do you ever use other sales papers at the walmart store..? They compair and give you the sale for the same price. You have to have the ad with you to get it and it has to be the same name brand. Last yr Or the yr before i used a best buy ad for a 19.99 sale for a 49.00 ps2 game at walmat. the guy was in shock but he had to do it and he did with out a hassle..saved me a 35 min. ride..:woot2:

kathy

I just called one of my 24 hour walmarts today to ask if they closed thursday night and re-opened on BF morning and they said they WILL NOT CLOSE. You just can't touch the doorbuster stuff until 5. Best thing to do is to contact your local 24 hour walmart and ask a manager.

~H~

They will match ads on black friday?? HOW GREAT!!! I have a question about Walmart on BF. Do they close on Thanksgiving? Our store is 24-7. Do they lock the doors between thursday night and friday? how does it work?

Sure. I price match then use coupons too. It drives the cashier's nuts and the manager's are all used to me too because of that stupid little beep that comes on after 20 coupons per customer. UGH!!

I usually do this on BF too. It's sooooo much easier to go in early, pick up the stuff from other stores and just price match it all. Less time, fewer stores, fewer crowds, yep definately a plus.

I've never PM'd at Walmart ever. I want to do it on a certain item (in general, not on BF) but the other store (Target) won't advertise the item..

That will probably be my luck this BF and I will be running all over the place trying to get everything I want before the stores run out.:confused:

I just called one of my 24 hour walmarts today to ask if they closed thursday night and re-opened on BF morning and they said they WILL NOT CLOSE. You just can't touch the doorbuster stuff until 5. Best thing to do is to contact your local 24 hour walmart and ask a manager.

~H~

Be aware that not every manager knows what they are talking about or will tell you the truth. I asked my Walmart manager year before last if they would be closing Thanksgiving night and they said absoultly not. Boy was I surprised when I arrived at WM and there was a long line and the doors where locked! So keep calling them they may change there minds!

Guest Deals4Me
Oh I will definetly have all the sale papers in my hands...I dont want to go to every store in town if I can do it once!!!

Sure. I price match then use coupons too. It drives the cashier's nuts and the manager's are all used to me too because of that stupid little beep that comes on after 20 coupons per customer. UGH!!

Cami, could you give some more detail about 'that stupid little beep?' The plans for our first SuperCenter have finally been approved, and I was planning on doing a lot of my grocery shopping there with pm and coupons when they open. Do they limit the number of coupons you can use?

Can someone PLEASE explain how to PM. I have never done it before, but with hubbie in the military, it would be wonderful to save some extra money!!! Do you have to go to the desk or do you go through the regular line to do this? I had heard of people doing this, but never really thought of trying it until I saw how many others do it!!!:woot2:

All you have to do is take the competitors ad to the checkout or layaway and tell them you want to do a price match. Just be sure that both the item are exactly the same (brand, size etc.). Make sure it's the current weeks ad. Some may require that the store be within a certain distance of their store or that the competitor have the item in stock (which is crazy to me ) and you shouldn't have a problem.

Can someone PLEASE explain how to PM. I have never done it before, but with hubbie in the military, it would be wonderful to save some extra money!!! Do you have to go to the desk or do you go through the regular line to do this? I had heard of people doing this, but never really thought of trying it until I saw how many others do it!!!:woot2:

When you price match, all you have to do is tell them you've got a comp on the item, before they scan it. Then you can show them the ad. They'll override the price in their register and you'll receive it for the competitor's price! I think if it's more than $20 a CSM will have to approve it, but since they use those PDA's now it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I do it daily and the savings really rack up! :D

Be aware that not every manager knows what they are talking about or will tell you the truth. I asked my Walmart manager year before last if they would be closing Thanksgiving night and they said absoultly not. Boy was I surprised when I arrived at WM and there was a long line and the doors where locked! So keep calling them they may change there minds!

Tell me about it. I asked at WalMart the other day...one said they would be closing...the other said no. They have no clue. Guess I'll b calling the Wednesday before to ask.:cookiemon

my walmart doesn't price match anymore on BF doorbusters. They told us it was a direct order from the main office that they were not allowed however I know that wasn't so because the one across town DID honor the ad.

I have sent an email to walmarts main office to find out what the deal is. I intend to take there response with me to the walmart i generally shop at and ask for the manager as I spoke with someone who works at walmart and I KNOW it was NOT a direct order from the main office now.

Hopefully by the time I get finished I"ll be able to price match at mine that morning as well.LOL

Just dont do like I did last year. I was so proud to find the DVD my nephew wanted at a cheaper price elsewhere (according to the salespapers). I marched up to the counter and gave the cashier my salespaper and demanded that I get the movie for that price. she kept giving me funny looks and finally she asked me if I wanted the wal mart price which was cheaper than the ad. LOL I apologized profusely and accepted her price. Karen

Keep in mind that they won't ever match % off prices of Buy1Get1 prices. And it has to be the exact same product. If the cashier has a problem ask for the manager. I usuallly don't have any problems, but if is a new cashier or a grumpy one you can run into issues.