Would you really buy <it> if it wasn't such a BF good buy?

JBKing

How many of you (and please provide examples :) ) buy something or shop somewhere only because it is such a good deal? Maybe it's something you would like to have, or always wanted, but didn't want to buy until the BF ad

'convinced' you?

For example, we are thinking about buying the Gameboy Advance SP at WalMart this BF. Our son hasn't asked for it, and he already has a GB Color and the original GB Advance, but $48.88? :g_laughin That's hard to pass up!

Also, last year, Kings Great Buys (electronic and appliance store - not sure how 'local' it is) had a good microwave for $39. I've probably only been in that store a couple of times since it's been open 5 years or more. But once we got there, they had a Christmas tree with envelopes containing $ off cards, ranging from $10 to $500! We picked the $30 off, which was fantastic, but I'm hoping they do the same this year, I'd really like to save $500 on a new HDTV! :D So, we've added King's to our list of stores to watch. :)

I only go to Radio Shack on BF. It is in the middle of our shopping center and I pass by it every time I go there but only go in on BF. There have been several times I buy things not on my BF list just because when I see them in the store they look like a good buy for the sale price. For example, I had no intention of buying the vacuum cleaner last year, but changed my mind when I saw it and use it all of the time.

I'm really tempted to buy the cheap appliances at Walmart this year. I would like to have a spare coffeemaker, mine always seem to break at the worst time. And the big roaster would be a nice thing to have during the summer, so I wouldn't have to turn the oven on.

And the dish/silverware set, and the towels, and well..dang, I really am going to have to wait in line that morning. :rofl

I only go to Radio Shack on BF. Last year they were out of almost everything when we got there so all we ended up with was 4 m&m radios.

that is all I got there too last yr....the crazy things wont keep batteries up for very long....we are constantly changing them no matter what brand we put in them.

I do but mostly for the kids and grandkids. If it weren't for BF, they wouldn't get half as much usually nor would they get as nice of presents.

For instance, this year, my daughter will get a laptop that she has always wanted, but I could not justify spending the money on it. At just under $400, I can justify, so I'll be sure to be in line early at WM for that one.:bunny:

How many of you (and please provide examples :) ) buy something or shop somewhere only because it is such a good deal? Maybe it's something you would like to have, or always wanted, but didn't want to buy until the BF ad

'convinced' you?

There are several items in the Wal-Mart ad like this for me. We need a new t.v. in our bedroom, and the 15" flat panel will be perfect for there. I had a Concorde less than megapixel digital camera that worked 'OK' for ebay pics (I only paid $9.94 for it on clearance at Target) that gave up the ghost earlier this year, the Kodak easy share will also be nice.

Due to my son's AS, he has use of 'assistive technology' written into his IEP, but the school refuses to supply him with a laptop; he has to use a desktop computer that faces away from the teacher and white board. If my budget allows, and there are any available when I get there, I will get the laptop for Beorn.

There are other items I seelcted, such as the portable dv player and the dual screen vd player. And those are truly ones I'll seriously consider depending on my budget because of how good the deals are.

For example, we are thinking about buying the Gameboy Advance SP at WalMart this BF. Our son hasn't asked for it, and he already has a GB Color and the original GB Advance, but $48.88? :g_laughin That's hard to pass up!

We were the same way regarding upgrading from the GBA to the GBA SP. But, once we got one we realized the back lit screen, folding compactability, an built in rechargeable battery made it worth the price, even at $79.99.

I bought a stupid lava lamp at Kmart a couple of years ago because they were only $5.00

Oh, I hope they offer these again this year! I give lava lamps a b'nai mitzvah gifts which I have ensribe on the base with the honoree's name and date of ceremony in both English and Hebrew. Beorn's bar mitzvah is this oming September, so he'll be 'doing the circuit' this year. I better stock up if they are on special!

What usually happens to me is that while looking for Christmas gifts on BF I always seel deals on housewares that I just can't pass up.

Sometimes it's a set of holiday dishes, service for 4, at Target for $8 - I got two sets! :)

Sometimes it's towels or candles, you name it!

And I have been know to pick up a really cheap fleece shirt or Christmassy sweater for myself at Kohls if the price is right!

I try to pad by BF budget for just such situations...:smart:

Oh, I hope they offer these again this year! I give lava lamps a b'nai mitzvah gifts which I have ensribe on the base with the honoree's name and date of ceremony in both English and Hebrew. Beorn's bar mitzvah is this oming September, so he'll be 'doing the circuit' this year. I better stock up if they are on special!

I bought a lava lamp at TRU for $7 last week.:)

There are a lot of things that I would like to have but I simply can't afford them, and at BF time I wind up buying or at least seriously considering them. This year that's going to be the dual screen DVD player that Walmart has for $149. I don't know yet if I'm buying it or not but I think I am going to. I'd like one like that for the van and I simply can't afford them ordinarily. $150 is still a lot of money but I will probably be able to swing it.

I'll probably be getting the Fisher Price sets from Wal-Mart for my nephews. I had something entirely different in mind before I found out about those deals. So the answer to the question would be no, I wouldn't be buying it if it weren't such a great BF deal.

BTW, the Gameboy Advance SP is SOOO much better than the regular Gameboy Advance. You can actually see/play it without having to sit under a light.