Still excited to see the actual BF Ad on Thanksgiving?

JBKing

First of all, thanks for a great site Brad and Rossman. My wife discovered your site last year, and we couldn't wait for the ads to start showing up for this year.

I'm wondering, does anyone still get excited to see the actual ads on Thanksgiving, even after reading the ads here, weeks in advance? We have our game plan mapped out days before Thanksgiving, but still like to look at the actual ads themselves. Maybe it's the feeling you know BF is just one day away once you have the ads in your hands, or maybe it's the feel of that slick paper in your hands, the smell of newsprint, the actual photos..... :D

Yes, I still get excited to see the ads on Thanksgiving because it means BF is finally here :bounce_fl. Also, even though I enjoy seeing the ads online and greatly appreciate all the hard work that it takes posting the ads, it would be my luck that one of the stores would decide to change their BF ad at the last minute. Then I wouldn't have any idea what I was looking for.

Of course I still get up and get the paper first thing, but I am still a little disappointed when there's no surprises........Sometimes though there are stores that we didnt' get on line that have deals as well, which can end up totally throwing off our game plan. We have a brandsmart for instance and though we knew exactly where we were going until the had the Gameboy Advance SP's last year for 69.00. Had to restrategize then!!

Guest Deals4Me

but I am still a little disappointed when there's no surprises!

Are you kidding? I live for the paper, WHY? Because, then we get the $10 Carsons card....etc!:mail:

Absolutely. For one, there's always a store or two for which no one posts the info early (i.e. last year, it was Media Play). Also, it lets me know for sure that the deals apply in my area. For example, last year, all BF sites showed some really cool Doorbusters at Best Buy, then I get my local ad and saw that they were not in my flyer for Best Buy (they were replaced by a really dumb mail-in gift card offer)!! I would have been really upset if I had gone to BB fully intending to get those offers and then find out right on the spot they were not available.

-Mark-

For example, last year, all BF sites showed some really cool Doorbusters at Best Buy, then I get my local ad and saw that they were not in my flyer for Best Buy (they were replaced by a really dumb mail-in gift card offer)!! I would have been really upset if I had gone to BB fully intending to get those offers and then find out right on the spot they were not available.

I get the Allentown paper delivered, but three years ago I went to BF @ BB in Wyomissing (the other direction from my house, 'cause the Allentown BB is pretty far away) and the some of the deals were different. http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileys/Nasties/doh.gif Now I'll pick up a Reading paper (Reading, PA) on T-Day so I know I have the "right" ads.

It's a Thanksgiving day tradition at my mom's house. We eat lunch, lock all the kids outside so they can't hear us, and make the plan! My mom and my sister go to one place, and me and my mother in law go to another. We keep in touch with cell phones to see who got what! Last year we both went to Walmart, only different ones, that way if one of us didn't get something, the other one did. It is great! The only problem with this site is that now I'm ready to go camp out at Walmart, and it's not even November yet!