Do any of you shop alone on BF?

Angelseyes28

Every year I am by myself. But later in the day meet up with my sister and mom (we split up shopping to make sure we get everything on our lists). My husband stays home with the kids. I usually leave the house around 1:30am get in line by 2am and shop till I drop from there! meet my sister and mom around noon for lunch and to exchange the items we bought for each other. Works out great

My friends refuse to shop on BF. Said its too early to stand in line. Yet its funny because they will be the first people to complain about the money they spend at christmas !

I go alone. I get there at 12-1am and just chill there. Have my headphones rocking, dance around, kick some stones...walk around until someone else arrives. Then I just walk around close to my spot. Then more people come and I sit there 1st one in line. Headphones + food + soda for caffeine = stay awake. It is a good time to just think about stuff too while you are all alone out there.

If anything, one year my dad met with me 15 min before the store opened and we went in together. They didn't believe it was my dad and thought it was a line cutter :-P

Awwww. I feel bad for you. :( You could go with my friends and I if you lived here!

~H~

I have been out alone and it's not really that bad. You can do whatever you want, go wherever you want, and not have to worry about what someone else wants to do.

However, every year I ask my sister to go and I am disappointed deep down when she can't. It is fun to share the excitement of the day with someone. But she always has an excuse - she doesn't have any money, she can't leave DH with the kids, she can't get up that early, etc. Whatever. :blahblah:

I have never gone alone. My sis and I always go together, but if for some reason she couldn't go with me I would definitly go alone. I don't think anyone else could possibly understand everything that is going on in my head on BF so they would just get in my way!

NEVER.

My wife stays with the buggy (you can't get those things through crowds) while I storm the masses ducking, dodging, and squeezing into tight holes to get to my most coveted items (ooooh, a DVD player for twenty bucks! I already have two, and don't know anyone that needs one, but I better get it at this price). I toss it in the buggy and move on.

364 days out of the year, we hold hands and take our time shopping.

ONE day out of the year, she just has to fight the hoards to try and keep up with me best she can. It's fun.

I'll be going alone this year. I was hoping SIL would be able to go, but apparently my brother has decided they're not even coming here that weekend (wonder if I could talk her into coming by herself? Probably not). My husband and my dad have to work. My mom will be home watching my kids (b/c she doesn't want to get up that early). I am normally NOT a morning person, but that day I am up and out. It's okay to be alone, as long as you don't need to be in two places at once.

Because nobody wants to go with me. Back home and before kids, I wasn't there at the stores' opening times, I just showed up whenever, and I just didn't tend to do that with people. I don't remember that part of my life that well anymore LOL. After having kids and moving out here, I'm more concerned with finding someone to watch the kids than finding someone to go with me. Last year dh was home, so he was with the kids, and none of my friends/neighbors wanted to leave with me at 3:30 am. This year, all the guys are deployed again, so I'll be lucky to even find a babysitter at a decent hour.

You find one I'll see ya at the PX about 3:30 4amish lol. :) We can keep eachother company in line and compare out attack plans lol. Bring all your Adds the PX will still PM and nooooo TAX YAY. Ohhh and the new walmart should be open wahoooo all nice and close together

Mara

You find one I'll see ya at the PX about 3:30 4amish lol. :) We can keep eachother company in line and compare out attack plans lol. Bring all your Adds the PX will still PM and nooooo TAX YAY. Ohhh and the new walmart should be open wahoooo all nice and close together

Mara

Hmmm...I may need to do some babysitting for a neighbor of mine during the next month or so. ;) Earn me some shopping time. LOL. Although that day is her daughter's first birthday, so I don't know how eager she will be to do early am babysitting.

I could never bring a drink. It would go right through me. LOL. I always say I will bring a coffee, but I know what would happen as I wait in line

I am newly pregnant and fearful of what this will do to my line waiting ablity lmao. That might be a bit of a problem. I'll have to avoid coffee to but its gonna be cold in like at 4am lol

Mara

Hmmm...I may need to do some babysitting for a neighbor of mine during the next month or so. ;) Earn me some shopping time. LOL. Although that day is her daughter's first birthday, so I don't know how eager she will be to do early am babysitting.

if you just hit the px and walmart you will be done by 8 to 9am :) Have you considered the post hire a teen list they have at CYS? They have a list of teens that took the post babysitting classes CPR ect that you can call :) I will warn you some of them are pricey for teens grrrrrr

Mara

Last year head out to walmart for the one or two things that we had to have, then I went back home to pick up my fi and we went shopping for the other things that we were on our list. This yr since there will be a walmart less than 5 mins from my house I will probally do the same.

I have shopped alone on BF many times, not as fun as if you have your best friend, but it is still SHOPPING.

LOL that cracked me up. Actually I think I'm on a mission to find someone else that understands the whole black friday religion and is willing to go with me. No part time BF shoppers though......either they are tried and true, die hard BF shoppers or I'm going alone:mischievo