Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

I bought a sit & stand 2 years ago @ 75% off but the only reason it was still there was because the box was kind of messed up and it was only marked 30%. I had an associate scan it for me and it was 75%.

That's awesome. I only dream of finding one at 75% off, I'm hoping to at least sell the other single stroller we have to get some money to pay for this one. It's interesting cause in 4 years, this is the most baby clearance I have ever seen in the store (hehe... where were these items when I was looking for them with DD). People reported here getting cribs and furniture for 75% off already and other big baby items, and there aren't any items like that here. I'll be in my mom's area next week, but I think the clearance finds in her area are even worse than they are here. I remember over the summer, they had the Britax get to 50% off but it was salvaged after 50% - but a Britax is a lot more expensive so maybe that's why? It started at 15% off. But I've read people scoring 75% off Britax.

I'm still hoping to find some returns on the toddler snow boots in DD's size for next year.

Did anyone here get the Thomas Early Engineers Quarry Set? I picked it up for $9.99 today and there are no stickers on it so I was wondering if it is 50% off or 75% or neither. Thanks! EDIT: hmm... it got pretty terrible reviews. I may take this one back.QUOTE]

9.99 was 75% off. The reveiws weren't great on this, but I still think that my DS will enjoy it since I was able to get the Early Engineers Station set too. I am hoping they work well together.

After reading reports on here I went to check out kids' clothes. There was some 75% off (including coats), but most was still 30-50% here in both toddler and big kids sections. The kids slippers I have been watching are now 75% off and they had both DDs sizes (yippie!). I also lucked out and found a couple random repacked things - boys mittens for .31 and a DVD/VCR for 56.01 (orginally 79.99). I picked up a new bicyle helmet for DD7 at 50% off (9.98) since she outgrew last year's and I don't want to pay full price. I was hoping for some cheap luggage and sporting goods, but they were still 30-50% today.

Interesting trip to Target today. First the deals...

I found that there was a LOT of clothing marked to 75% off in all kids sections (and womens, too). Coats were 75% off at my stores, too, but sadly, none in my son's size. Saw leggings for $1 in little girls and lots of other things at 75% off. At the Ward Pkwy store in KC there is a huge shelving unit in the BOYS department that is packed with those GIRLS pajama sets at 75% off...$3.24. Not sure why they have them in the boys section, but it worked nicely for me as they had plenty left in every size. Curiously, the boys PJ sets on the other side of the shelves were still 50% off.

LOTS of shoes at 75% off...slippers for the whole family, snow boots, women's dressy boots, and a variety of others. It was so odd, though...there were probably 50 pairs of those Disney Princess slippers, but ALL of them were either Small or XL. Not a single M or L in the entire bunch and there were a LOT left. Of course, M or L is what I needed! Oh, well.

Camping/tents/etc. were all still 50% off, but I think they usually mark those down on Wed/Thu.

I also got a bunch of really pretty gift bags at 75% off (varied in price from $.48-98). They all were white/silver/gold/light green with a subtle wintery theme. Definitely could use them for a wedding or women's birthday, though, as they aren't overtly "snowflake" patterned.

Now the interesting story. I was in the camping section scanning something and I heard 3 males going on and on saying "WOW! Just $32...you can't beat that. That's amazing...I need to buy another one to match the one I already got." Of course, I needed to know what was going on, so I strolled that way and saw two uniformed Target employees (still on the clock, holding a scanner) and a member of the markdown team who was off the clock. They were talking about adult bikes on clearance and the off-the-clock guy was rolling one of them away. Before they saw me they were saying, "Yeah...there's one more...it's way up there." It was still up on the third row of bikes (where you need a lift or giant ladder thing to get it). As soon as they saw me they stopped talking immediately and scattered like mice. It was fairly clear to me that they were making sure that all the cheap bikes stayed up and out of the customer's view so that all of the employees were free to buy them before anyone noticed that they were clearanced. There were just the tiny red stickers on the bike's handlebars. If you didn't know it was there, there is no way you would know it was clearanced as you can't really see the sticker or price from the floor when it's 10 feet off the ground. If I had any use for a men's bike I would have made them get that last one down in a hot minute, but I don't need it. I'm sure by now one of those employees has snagged the last one, but if anyone in KC wants to run to the Ward Pkwy Target this evening, there may just be one more men's "Magna" silver bike on the 3rd (top) row for somewhere around $32.

Space Heaters and Humidifiers are 30% off. Luggage 50% off.

If anyone in the chicagoland area happens to come across any of the kitchenaid cookware sets on clearance for 50% or more could you please let me know. I believe it was a 10 piece set and its red. Original price was $149.99 and last time I saw one at our store it was marked 1/2 off. By the time I convinced hubby I NEEDED it, it was gone. This was last week. Thanks!!

I'm not sure what your point is. You work there for minimum wage and you should not get a deal like anyone else. I see a ton of posts here where people hide stuff till the clearance price goes down, but that's ok?

My point was that there were two employees ON THE CLOCK conspiring with another off the clock employee to make sure that they all got the clearance bikes. They stood there scanning all of the bikes to see which ones were clearanced and were pointing out the ones that were clearanced and commenting on how they were going to buy them. They have every right to buy the things as much as anyone else, but I have a big beef with this store and this particular employee who I have seen on multiple occasions stashing markdown items for himself. They purposefully put merchandise in places where customers can't/won't see it so they can buy it on their breaks.

If Target let their employees get "first dibs" on the clearance merchandise, we would never see any hot items. They would all be in the back room until they got marked to 75% off. But the fact is that they are NOT allowed to stash or hide items for themselves and that is essentially what these guys were doing.

I have worked retail (not Target), and I would have been fired for doing that.

Eh...not trying to start an argument or anything. I have just repeatedly seen Target employees taking the clearance for themselves (at this store) and it's frustrating. So many things that I have been stalking at this store just magically disappear on the day that they should be getting marked down to 75% off. I do agree that they have every right to buy whatever they want, but not by using an unfair advantage.

If Target let their employees get "first dibs" on the clearance merchandise, we would never see any hot items. They would all be in the back room until they got marked to 75% off. But the fact is that they are NOT allowed to stash or hide items for themselves and that is essentially what these guys were doing.

I have worked retail (not Target), and I would have been fired for doing that.

You need to find out who the main store manager is, which is difficult at most Targets, but if you ask, you can usually find out, or at least find out who the top manager is who is working, and report the person or persons doing it. Target employees can and have been fired for doing that. If you know it is happening and you can point out specific people, and report it on each occasion, they will get caught. Last year one of my stores fired 4 people off the markdown team for marking down DVD players in the back that never saw the sales floor.

My point was that there were two employees ON THE CLOCK conspiring with another off the clock employee to make sure that they all got the clearance bikes.

I agree with lovestoshopCA -- see if you can report them to the store manager. And I understand your frustration too. I posted something like this (also happening in my store, workers who were on the clock and not on a break - and me too having worked in retail before) and woah - there were definitely people who flamed me saying the same thing and couldn't I have some compassion. A lot of customers are unemployed too - so it's hard to comment who's more in need or deserving. Anyhow, rules are rules -- I think there's a good reason why they have them in place. Even though I agree that workers & customers alike should have equal chance at getting stuff.

I took DD with me to Target tonight and we went through most of the aisles, except for men's & women's clothing (too much of a mess!). So I totally forgot to check the bras -- anyone seen a discounted nursing bra to 75% off?

The toy section still had a lot of games left at 75% off and some star wars stuff or something. I saw someone take the Handy Mandy that I put back. It was opened so I wouldn't have been able to gift it. Still lots of the big items left - circo train table, the generation doll thingy. But nothing I wanted. I did, however, get a few items in the baby section left over - 1 pack of sleep n play (love these for DS), Gerber bottles, a Eddie Bauer car mirror to see the baby from the front seat. No big ticket items on clearance there at all anymore. I only saw it at 30% before. Shoes - they had tons of girls ballet shoes that are shiny and a bunch of toddler sneakers with the laces for $4.98 (50% off only). No winter boots at all :(

Entire aisles of bath items are 30%. Flannel sheets are still 30%. Fieldcrest still at 30%. Hefty Cups and Dixie Plates at 15% off and trial size Lady Speed Stick and Right Guard were $0.70 each (30%).

Did anyone here get the Thomas Early Engineers Quarry Set? I picked it up for $9.99 today and there are no stickers on it so I was wondering if it is 50% off or 75% or neither. Thanks! EDIT: hmm... it got pretty terrible reviews. I may take this one back.

Big baby items went 50% off here and I caved and picked up a Sit N Stand that I really wanted - and it's the only one I have seen. I've never seen the big baby items here go to 75% off. Is it true that if it starts at 15% off that it might not go all the way to 75%? All the other baby stuff pretty much went to 75% off last week and everything I saw last week, there was NONE left today. Thankfully, I got some stuff. All the Hanes pants went to 75% off in toddler but the tops were still 50%. A lot of baby/toddler clothes on the racks went 75% off today as well - a lot of cute girls stuff - small pea coats and xmas dresses but nothing in DD's size, they were all too small. Tons of jeans for 75% off 12M-5T (3.24). Tents were still marked at 30% -- all the B&D drills are gone.

Thanks.I was able to get a red pea coat in size 5T for $6.24.I also managed to get a red sweater dress in 5T for 3.$$ and balck patent leather shoes for 3.$$.

My closest target is really getting on my nerves. They seem to be separating sets out and repricing them as repackaged and selling for a higher price. This happened to me with the holiday snowman pajamas and again this weekend with grinch pajamas in the mens dept except this time a) I can't honestly say I remember these being part of a set and B) all but the sizing tag had been removed. I'm not sure if this is something that can be reported to a standards office but it's really unfair as ppl reported xmas pj's now down to 75% and they were trying to sell the shirt for 4.61 and the flannel bottoms for 5.xx.

I agree so many people hide stuff that they know is going to go to a better clearance price, that is no different than a target employee getting in on a deal before the customers. After all they probably miss out on a lot working while the clearance stuff goes way down. By the time they get done marking and they are off the clock the deals are probably sold out. Fair is fair, if you are going to go after them for taking it in the back or hiding it up high, you need to go after the people that are stashing stuff. After all I am sure this a lot I miss out on because I don't stash but know other people do in the target that I shop in, that is not really fair to me and the other shoppers either. I don't think getting someone fired over it is really the right thing to do either, if you have that much of an issue with it speak to them first. They are obviously working there for a reason and I would hate to think that you got someone fired who is supporting children all over the fact that you didn't get the bike, toy or whatever else it is for a better clearance price.

I can't go shop the great deals if I'm at work, therefore, Target employees should not be able to shop them on the clock! There's many times that I see the posts about what got marked down, but I have to work. I'm all about everyone having a fair shot at them, but my boss isn't gonna let me stop what I'm doing just to go and get a great deal!

I think it really doesn't matter what people think of stashing or Target employees getting first dibs. It is going to happen and we should try not to get bent out of shape by it. Some days we are lucky, other days not so much. I have no more right to the deals than anyone else, as aggravating as that may be at times; it often just comes down to luck. Well that and vigilant stalking. :)

I won't be complaining (even though I know exactly who the employees were)...I don't want to get someone fired. I don't know their story. I don't know if they are supporting their whole family on their Target paycheck. It's not worth it to me to have someone fired at all. It's just annoying. But, it's not impacting my life in a negative way, so I will not be impacting THEIR life in a negative way. I'll just suck it up and drive the extra 5 minutes to the other store near me that has AMAZING employees that are helpful to customers.

I won't be complaining (even though I know exactly who the employees were)...I don't want to get someone fired. I don't know their story. I don't know if they are supporting their whole family on their Target paycheck. It's not worth it to me to have someone fired at all. It's just annoying. But, it's not impacting my life in a negative way, so I will not be impacting THEIR life in a negative way. I'll just suck it up and drive the extra 5 minutes to the other store near me that has AMAZING employees that are helpful to customers.

I agree with you. And I do see how it does get annoying. At the end of the day we are all humans trying to get a good deal to be able to provide better things for our selves and children. It truly isn't worth getting someone fired that's taking away food from someones mouth.

Picked up a few good deals today @ 75% off:

###091000007 Bow Fish Rod (for kids 8+) $4.98

###091080097 Kelty 4 Person Tent $37.48

###091130231 Eddie Bauer Queen Blowup Mattress $22.48

###091150093 Camp Combo (for kids 5+ Tent/Rolling Backpack/Sleeping Bag) $6.24

I especially wanted the tent for my daughter. Really wants to have a sleep out this summer.

Picked up a few good deals today @ 75% off:

###091000007 Bow Fish Rod (for kids 8+) $4.98

###091080097 Kelty 4 Person Tent $37.48

###091130231 Eddie Bauer Queen Blowup Mattress $22.48

###091150093 Camp Combo (for kids 5+ Tent/Rolling Backpack/Sleeping Bag) $6.24

I especially wanted the tent for my daughter. Really wants to have a sleep out this summer.

Guess I am going to have to roll on out to another store. I have been stalking some of this stuff! Anyone else find it marked down today?

One of our stores sporting goods section went 75% off yesterday, another went today, and another one hasn't had any new markdowns yet today (I'm in the south suburbs of Denver). Yes, the kids play tents were marked 75% off. There were also gaming tables and some air hockey tables. We had a ton of scooters, but right before I could get to them another shopper swooped in an bought 4 Tinkerbell ones, 2 princess ones, and 2 Cars ones. I was really hoping to get the two wheel Disney princess one. Oh well! I was so fuming mad that I forgot to look at the tents, haha. I did notice that they had quite a few Sigg bottles (and also the knock off brands), and some Thermos funtainers. I saw Dora, Spiderman, and Camp Rock.