Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

So does anybody have a guess of when the Next Generation dolls and outfits will go to 75%(I might be tempted at 50%). They were 30% today. The Old time fisher price toys, play doh set, tea sets, were also 30% I scanned to be sure and was surprised they did not get marked down with the rest.

I went to two targets by me. I think sometimes I'm like a lil kid too cause I just "had" to have something LOL. Here's what I got. The first target was still putting stuff out and I wish I had stayed to see them finish....this was my first time going for the toy sale...got there around 9 and they were still putting stuff out.

xxxx86010423 Sister 3.74 (big sister/little sister doll...perfect for my dd's bday next month)

xxxx86020363 SSC minidoll 1.61 (stawberry shortcake)

xxxx86060506 Barbie 2.74

xxxx 86120817 wand 1.24

xxxx887062106 iron man 2.48

xxxx87101848 nab it 3.48 (scrabble type game)

xxxx204033170 agent oso 3.87

total.. $21

I'm new to Tenn....and haven't been to this other store close by...so convinced myself to go, and ended up spending even more than the first haha....Second store:

xxxx86022569 my little pony 3.24

xxxxTranformers 4.98

xxxx87062107 iron man (talks) 4.97

xxxx87100685 thomas board game 4.24

xxxx204030682 figure 8 train track 3.74...really wanted this for my ds and dd, they love trains!

xxxx204033407 sing giggle (elmo camera....didn't work..needs new batteries i think....2.98...for price, i don't mind

xxxx204100349 cd player (preschool) 4.48

xxxx204100599 chuck dvd 2.48

total $34

I went back to first store this evening around 5 to see what else they had and it was cleaned out...Well live and learn right? Or maybe it's best for my wallet that I didn't see anything.....LOL depends on how you want to look at it.

I walked out with $200 worth of toys but I hit the LEGO lottery...when you can pick up the $80 sets for 19.98 you tend to go kinda bonkers...

these are the ones I can remember

Harry potter the burrow (one set in the truck had the spider..)and the small freeing dobby because I HAD to have dobby!

POTC one with horsecoach and BIG white top bay set (one of the small sets in the truck)

Two BIG Atlantis sets one is undersea exployer (other is the other big set its in the truck right now) and the angler attack

Cars ulitimate fransesco and classic mater

There were a FEW sets I wanted still 50% off :( Left them there but left with 10 sets @ 75% with no repeats!:shock:

I also grabbed the

furry frenzies scoot and scurry city 7.74

furry frenzies fur stars on tour with zoomin stage (tour bus!) 4.98 both sets came with a furreal pet...

a few 3D chalk sets with the mega chalk 2.38

kerplunk 3.88

and my deal of the day that I haven't seen mentioned I scored a few unmarked

VREADERS for 14.98 pink only!

My store had a TON and I hated leaving it all there but my kids are just outgrowing "toys" I almost bought all the big TRIO batman sets just because..and the cars stuff 'bout killed me

Edited by mom2monkiesx3

I had my worst Target experience ever today. This was the first time I actually saw 2 guys that were coming in and just grabbing everything to throw it in their carts so they could resell them. One guy took all of the Mind Flex toys off the shelves, there must have been 30 of them and put them in a pile on the floor about 2 feet from the shelf. Then he walked away I'm sure to get another cart. I was just mad that they were there taking toys when the rest of the people were there buying for their kids. Anyway, I took a Mind Flex off the top of the pile on the floor just as he came around the corner and he started yelling at me that they were his and to put it back. Then he ran up to me and grabbed the toy out of my hands. By this time a lot of the other people were yelling at him to stop and one of the markdown team called the store manager. I told him that we were all buying toys for our kids and he said "I have to make a living too". By the time the manager got there they had gone up to the front of the store to check out. I was shaking I was so mad. Since when does taking a pile of toys off the shelf and putting it in front of the shelf make them all "yours". I wish Target would limit the number of the same toy one person could buy to see if it would keep some of those people who never shop at Target except for the toy sales away.

They did mark down the pink Mobigo's after the guys left so I got one of those which I was happy about.

ETA: Funny that things were cheaper at the Orchard Crossing (original price and 75% off) store!

Not all Targets have the same pricing. If they are in an upscale neighborhood, or have higher rent for a location (like a big mall or a new development), they tend to be higher.

Curious what the DZ stands for? The sorority, maybe?

I had my worst Target experience ever today. This was the first time I actually saw 2 guys that were coming in and just grabbing everything to throw it in their carts so they could resell them. One guy took all of the Mind Flex toys off the shelves, there must have been 30 of them and put them in a pile on the floor about 2 feet from the shelf. Then he walked away I'm sure to get another cart. I was just mad that they were there taking toys when the rest of the people were there buying for their kids. Anyway, I took a Mind Flex off the top of the pile on the floor just as he came around the corner and he started yelling at me that they were his and to put it back. Then he ran up to me and grabbed the toy out of my hands. By this time a lot of the other people were yelling at him to stop and one of the markdown team called the store manager. I told him that we were all buying toys for our kids and he said "I have to make a living too". By the time the manager got there they had gone up to the front of the store to check out. I was shaking I was so mad. Since when does taking a pile of toys off the shelf and putting it in front of the shelf make them all "yours". I wish Target would limit the number of the same toy one person could buy to see if it would keep some of those people who never shop at Target except for the toy sales away.

They did mark down the pink Mobigo's after the guys left so I got one of those which I was happy about.

I'd have grabbed it right back. If it isn't in a cart with his hand on the cart, it isn't his. That's ridiculous. I bought a ton, including a some stuff I may resell, but that kind of behavior is out of line. We didn't have the usual crowds at the stores I hit today. Possibly because it was more spread out in the department and wasn't so obvious as past years. It was calmer. I was telling various people about different items I knew were marked that looked like they went with what they had in their carts.

I almost skipped the San Dimas store because I did not see much there the other day, and someone else told me there wasn't anything there -- A lady told me as I was walking out of Azusa when she and her daughter pointed at my overloaded cart and said, that was us at the La Verne store a little while ago. Anyway, turned out that SD just hadn't started their markdowns. I went to LV first to see what was left, and found nothing. But I went to SD as they were marking and got some Halo Mega Bloks and a few Legos and stuff. They had 10 Boba Fett helmets! I kept seeing those flying off the shelves at the earlier two stores, but I left them and told a couple of people.

Overall a good day with a fair amount of good stuff. Got a Mindflex for the kiddos, so they'll try that out tomorrow. Bummed that the Lego City Airplane was only 50% off everywhere here. Got a few Cars Duplo 75% off, but they were full price everywhere else. Missed all the Star Wars & Harry Potter Legos, but still happy. Given that I had to go to the doctor and they ran my appointment an hour late, I was glad to get anything!

mombbsmj...that sucks. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I have heard a LOT of reports today from people who encountered folks who came in like a flock of locusts, cleared the shelves of the big ticket/popular items like Legos, etc. and loaded $800 worth into trailers in the parking lot. It's disappointing. I'm not going to get jaded quite yet, but it's getting harder and harder to "score" during this sale because of that kind of thing. I mean, even with 10 moms/dads shopping and filling carts you can still grab a lot of good stuff. But when you have a couple of people grabbing EVERYTHING they can without any regard to everyone else it just sucks.

Thankfully I didn't see any resellers/hoarders today or yesterday, but there was one in January that grabbed every single Star Wars figurine set off the shelf when he walked in and boldly stated that he planned to go to as many stores as he could looking for them. Thankfully I had mine already, but I felt bad for anyone who showed up 5 minutes later hoping for one (knowing that there were 15 on the shelf the day before). Obviously he wasn't buying them for his 15 kids at home.

I agree that it would be nice for them to limit the quantity of like items (even to something like 5 items per person to let anyone with lots of kids/grandkids have a shot). But as someone pointed out here last time we talked about this, Target doesn't care who they sell the stuff to, just that they sell it.

Eh...overall I'm still loving this sale and had a great time today shopping and reading about other people's awesome scores. It sucks that there are some bad apples out there, but for the most part I love the "secret club" of Target Clearance addicts that I'm a part of!!! :)

I think I'll rehit stores tomorrow and see if new stuff marked. none of the batman/cars/harry potter stuff was marked but i had so much i couldn't be bothered to check. Come to think of it didn't see any lego's marked but there were lots of clearance shelf tags. Sucks shopping alone w/ little trunk space, i had to go to grocery and was paranoid the whole time(10min) that someone would break into car.

I think I'll rehit stores tomorrow and see if new stuff marked. none of the batman/cars/harry potter stuff was marked but i had so much i couldn't be bothered to check. Come to think of it didn't see any lego's marked but there were lots of clearance shelf tags. Sucks shopping alone w/ little trunk space, i had to go to grocery and was paranoid the whole time(10min) that someone would break into car.

Very little of our lego sets were actually marked, I loaded up, SCANNED everything and put back what I didn't want. I was suprised the Spongebob ones were full price since I scored some clearance at Kmart. I saw two big starwars fighter jets of some kind (big box/big set) but am not a SW fan (don't throw things at me I get it all the time already) and I left them there. The cars lego sets were both the little legos and bigger toddler type ones ....the mack truck was not marked down at my store :(

I got POTC, Harry Potter, Atlantis, Cars sets and saw star wars so you know where to look. Also the Batman building trios might be good for a smaller lego fan that also likes batman.

I know what you mean about the trunk space. I was in a town over and in DH's TRUCK so everything was in the truck bed! Granted it has a lockable bedcover I just kept thinking of how easily that could be broken/opened! It didnt help that I was on edge because we were in less than desirible neighborhoods trying to help my baby sister find a new apt. because she is trying to get out of a bad situation...OYE I was glad to get home and parked in my garage!

I have heard a LOT of reports today from people who encountered folks who came in like a flock of locusts, cleared the shelves of the big ticket/popular items like Legos, etc. and loaded $800 worth into trailers in the parking lot.

Which store was this? We started out at Olathe Super Target on 119th at opening. The mob at the door was crazy. Almost got ran over on the way to the Toy Department. People who came in the grocery side were almost running from the other side of the store.

My worst complaint isn't the shoppers, it's the employees. The markdown team is almost globally a very unhappy crew. What is up with that? I'm so disappointed in Target, and how they allow these associates to be so bitter toward customers. Sheesh.

Not any one store specifically...just a bunch of comments that people left on my blog about their experiences. Though I did hear that the Olathe stores were NUTSO today.

My store had 3-4 of us shopping at 8:00 and gradually more as time went on. But no shelf clearers, thankfully.

And as for the employees...you can tell that different stores have different cultures. At the store on Metcalf and Shawnee Mission Parkway they are ALWAYS friendly. Year round. The cashiers are nice, the managers are nice, and the markdown team is great. They are more than happy to scan things and seem to have fun being a part of it. Every time I go to that store without fail I get great service from everyone.

The other store I go to is the opposite. Enough said.

I'd have grabbed it right back. If it isn't in a cart with his hand on the cart, it isn't his. That's ridiculous. I bought a ton, including a some stuff I may resell, but that kind of behavior is out of line. We didn't have the usual crowds at the stores I hit today. Possibly because it was more spread out in the department and wasn't so obvious as past years. It was calmer. I was telling various people about different items I knew were marked that looked like they went with what they had in their carts.

I almost skipped the San Dimas store because I did not see much there the other day, and someone else told me there wasn't anything there -- A lady told me as I was walking out of Azusa when she and her daughter pointed at my overloaded cart and said, that was us at the La Verne store a little while ago. Anyway, turned out that SD just hadn't started their markdowns. I went to LV first to see what was left, and found nothing. But I went to SD as they were marking and got some Halo Mega Bloks and a few Legos and stuff. They had 10 Boba Fett helmets! I kept seeing those flying off the shelves at the earlier two stores, but I left them and told a couple of people.

Overall a good day with a fair amount of good stuff. Got a Mindflex for the kiddos, so they'll try that out tomorrow. Bummed that the Lego City Airplane was only 50% off everywhere here. Got a few Cars Duplo 75% off, but they were full price everywhere else. Missed all the Star Wars & Harry Potter Legos, but still happy. Given that I had to go to the doctor and they ran my appointment an hour late, I was glad to get anything!

Im with you on that lovetoshopCA... I would have grab it back too. But then my mouth would have been running and everything inside me would have held back a punch to his face! Remembering my child is with me, I have to act like an adult now... LOL

My store (Decatur, AL) marked down today. They usually have most if not all marked down by opening, but I got there at 8:30 and they hadn't started yet. It wasn't long after that they started though so I just kind of lurked around the area. I unfortunately was in the company of some very rude employees though, and it took all I had not to explode on them! I always hit big Target clearances, and I'm usually there at opening. Well the pricing team leader has asked me several times if I sell stuff on Ebay (which I do not. never have, never will), and I of course always tell her no that I'm buying for my kids, nieces, nephews, friends, and donations for Toys For Tots. We've also discussed the fact I receive an employee discount (yes, it's legally, just don't want to put anymore than that out there). Anyway, so I'm browsing an isle that she's on when someone on the next isle asks her what to do with some dolls. She very loudly said, "Put them in my buggy so I can buy them and sell them on Ebay. Oh wait, I could lose my job for that, ESPECIALLY if I use my employee discount!" At this time I was the ONLY customer in toys, so it really made me feel like the comment was something that I was supposed to hear. Then the people on the next isle kept saying, "Hey Deanna, I have some more dolls for you to buy and sell on Ebay!" I was soooooooooooooooo ready to explode, but my girls were with me (and I didn't want to be banned from Target) so I kept my cool. I called my husband while standing on the next isle over from Deanna and told him what happened. After that I didn't hear anymore Ebay talk. I told my husband that I would gladly give them the name of each child that I bought each toy for, because today the toys I bought were all for nieces, nephews, my kids, and 2 of my kid's friends for their bdays coming up.

Anyway, here is what I scored..........

###Angelina Ballerina Dancing Ballerina $4.98

###2 LIV Dolls $3.48

###3 Barbie Fairies $2.48 (small ones with glittery ponies)

###Furry Frenzies City $7.74

###Guy on a motorcycle $2.48

###Hot Wheels Set $10.74

###Rubiks 360 $3.52

###Toss Across $4.74 (at least it was supposed to be. I just saw on my receipt that I was charged $9.48, but I had the girl scan this and she put a $4.74 sticker on it and the numbers match receipt)

###Maui Hopper $1.98

###2 Gazillion Bubbles Set .98

###2 Let's Get To Work Manny $5.44

###Thomas Lego Set $12.48

###Rail Twirler .74

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Timswife81404/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0728012333.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Timswife81404/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0728012333a.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Timswife81404/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0728012333b.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Timswife81404/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0728012334.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Timswife81404/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0728012335.jpg

ETA: Sorry, I don't know why those are sideways. I edited them in photobucket to flip them, it shows them right there but not here (not for me anyway).

I am so jealous of everyone's hauls! Almost everything I really wanted didn't get marked down this morning. Legos were still only 50% (and only the plane and one Toy Story set left), the Beyblade set my son had seen and wanted was still $17.48, and the Our Generation wardrobe was still $38! Seriously, they must have based decision on what to mark down solely on my kids' interests.

Even before this morning, there was not a single Our Generation doll to be found in the store, nor was there any Littlest Pet Shop sets I have seen in other posts.

We had some of the shelf-clearing professional shoppers at our store, and both of my sisters at stores in Salt Lake said they were there too. In all of our cases, it was a group of three men who just went through and grabbed all they could find of certain items. At my store, the employees went out of their way to help them and got them flatbed carts, etc. Supposedly it is some small toy store owner that hires college guys to hit the stores when Target goes 75%.

I did get a few things, but most of my stuff was stuff that was only 30 or 50% off, but the last one or two there, so I didn't want to leave it. All in all, I left a bit frustrated and hit Kmart on my way home instead of going to another Target. Kmart had some Ninjago guys for $3.50 instead of $9.99, a Hero Factory set that I just paid $20 for at Toys R Us for only $5. Not only that, but Kmart was deserted and felt like a real treat after the zoo at Target and competing with the pro shoppers.

Are you guys seeing the Our Generation DOLLS on clearance or just the stuff that goes with them? I've only seen the stuff that goes with them and no dolls and I've been to several stores this week. Just curious if I should keep lookin?

On a funny note-last night I got home from Target and my hubby was like, hey need help carrying in stuff (He thought I went to get food) and started to open the trunk and i Was like NO, all up front! WHEW! My haul was almost discovered! hehehe!

They should ABSOLUTELY limit the number of toys that folks can buy! That is totally ridiculous! If he is so hard up to "make a living" how could he afford to buy all that at one time?!! People are SOOOOO greedy! It's the folks like me who can't afford to buy cool toys unless they are 75% off that lose out! It is really sad. I have been buying clearance for 22 years (oldest of 5 is 22, youngest is 11), waaaaaay before all these blogs which has ruined things for folks like me. I chose to stay home to raise my own kids in spite of the hubby making less than $30,000 a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is very discouraging. Now we are divorced and being a single mom trying to find a decent job after so many years at home has been tough to say the least! Minimum wage just doesn't go very far! So, when you are out there grabbing up everything in sight, please think of those of us who can ONLY afford things at 75% off!!!

I hit the Target I usually go to yesterday evening and got some toys for Toys for Tots- we got about three bags full for $25 so I am pretty happy. No Legos though (I did see a guy on the phone with his wife who had one large Harry Potter Lego- she was making him look everywhere for more!). We got lots of Zhu-Zhu stuff, a Polly Pocket set, a small football, a Halo collector thing, and I cant remember what else. They had the cool Cruncher dinosaur but just not in our budget this time. I am just happy that my teenage son is as excited as I am to go get 75% toys for the Toys for Tots so we can get as much as possible and that he is such a good kid!

I am so jealous of everyone's hauls! Almost everything I really wanted didn't get marked down this morning. Legos were still only 50% (and only the plane and one Toy Story set left), the Beyblade set my son had seen and wanted was still $17.48, and the Our Generation wardrobe was still $38! Seriously, they must have based decision on what to mark down solely on my kids' interests.

Even before this morning, there was not a single Our Generation doll to be found in the store, nor was there any Littlest Pet Shop sets I have seen in other posts.

We had some of the shelf-clearing professional shoppers at our store, and both of my sisters at stores in Salt Lake said they were there too. In all of our cases, it was a group of three men who just went through and grabbed all they could find of certain items. At my store, the employees went out of their way to help them and got them flatbed carts, etc. Supposedly it is some small toy store owner that hires college guys to hit the stores when Target goes 75%.

I did get a few things, but most of my stuff was stuff that was only 30 or 50% off, but the last one or two there, so I didn't want to leave it. All in all, I left a bit frustrated and hit Kmart on my way home instead of going to another Target. Kmart had some Ninjago guys for $3.50 instead of $9.99, a Hero Factory set that I just paid $20 for at Toys R Us for only $5. Not only that, but Kmart was deserted and felt like a real treat after the zoo at Target and competing with the pro shoppers.

You don't happen to live in New York, do you? I could see Toy Wiz doing that!

I am wondering how much the Criss Cross Crash went for? My son got it for xmas last year. He has only played with it a few times, but when he has friends come over, it is a big hit!! It would make some good presents for upcoming birthdays....

Alos, I saw one person posted an Air Hogs Zero Gracity Car. Have alot of you seen them in your areas? My son wants one for his birthday which is coming up soon. I will have to go check and see if I can find one at my Target today!!