Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Tell me more about the storage totes. What size, how much, and were there a lot left? Has anyone else seen a good selection?

They were actually ornament storage totes and had the cardboard inserts. They were clear and had green lids with red latch handles on each end. Reg $13.99 down to $3.48. They had two different sizes and people were snatching them up fast! I am going to toss the ornament inserts and use them to store my Christmas decorations. They had at least 3 end caps full when I was there, but people were walking away with carts full of them.

Went to check out luggage and sports. Was practically gone but really didn't need anything anyways. Got a bag of balls for 3.xx, plastic bat/ball for 1.xx, fishing rod for 2.xx and scored a 120 train track set that must have been a return.

Saw two mens Magna mountain bikes-I think 26 was the size (I think a pp had mentioned them-didn't get the DPCI as it was up too high) for 40 something on clearance at the Target in Plainfield if anyone in Indy is looking. (they are on the top rack endcap)

I saw the same thing at the Southport Target store. There were two of them, and they were actually on the second level where DH was able to take it down and try it out. He didn't buy it, but it scanned for $32.xx. Also saw 20" girls bike for $32.xx, also 75% off. It was either a Schwinn or a Mongoose (sorry, couldn't remember!), and I considered buying it for DD, but I just bought her an 18" bike, so no use in having another bike sitting in the garage collecting dust. Very, very little camping or sporting goods clearance left, but there are several bags of bicycle spoke beads for $0.48! I say that because I looked everywhere so it seems for such a thing before Christmas for DD's new bike, and couldn't find them anywhere! Ending up getting them for $4 or $5 on amazon, then I see them super cheap at Target! Oh well, I bought a bag to supplement the $5 bag I already have!

Finally I have seen a Target where they are offering 30% off clearance (in women's clothes) at the Commerce, MI store!

Stopped today and nothing left of the 75% clearance toys. Sporting goods had a few duffle bags, camping nylon jackets that fold up into a small bag, a few lunch boxes, water bottles and dart boards. Winter sleds/snowboards/luges scanned as 30% off even though they are all on a shelf that says 50% off.

I picked up a ESPN KZone baseball set for $12.48 (was 75% off), a package of compression travel bags for $3.42 (75% off) and 2 Detroit Tiger beach towels that were marked as is for $2.56 a piece. I saw these towels at another Target in the sports team clothing that is generally located near toys/sporting goods - tried scanning them but item was not found. A manager said she would charge me $12.99 each, so I put them back. Good thing I did since this store marked these down to $2.56!

I found mini, clip on book lights on an end cap in electronics today for 75% off........ they were $2.98 each, I bought 2 pink and 1 blue!

Still waiting for the girls curtain rods to make it to 75% off, I'm thinking (hoping) it will be tomorrow. These are the ones with the purple or glass ball at the ends. If anyone goes to Target tomorrow and you happen to notice them at 75% off would you let me know? Thanks!! :)

I'm in Chicago and bracing up for the BIG blizzard that is coming! :eek:

Still waiting for the girls curtain rods to make it to 75% off, I'm thinking (hoping) it will be tomorrow. These are the ones with the purple or glass ball at the ends. If anyone goes to Target tomorrow and you happen to notice them at 75% off would you let me know? Thanks!! :)

I was at the Oak Lawn store and checked for you. They were still at 50%.

I was at Target last evening... found lots of PJ sets in kids section...did stock up fr DD and DS.. were clearenced at 75%

### tinkerbell pj ( 2 sets) $ 4.98

### Bakugun $3.74

### spongebob ( 2 sets) $4.98

### princess $3.74

### cherokee PJ sets for boys $2.50

### Nick and nora $4.xx ( didn't find any in my kids size ..be sure to scan them some were at 50% and some at 75% )

Edited by mom2mom

I found mini, clip on book lights on an end cap in electronics today for 75% off........ they were $2.98 each, I bought 2 pink and 1 blue!

are you sure they were 75%? pretty sure they were $5.99/$6.99 originally and they are marked 50% right now. I've kept an eye on them because I only buy them cheap. They don't last very long for my kids. They either get lost or broken too readily...But I have been waiting for them to get to $1.48 to buy.

are you sure they were 75%? pretty sure they were $5.99/$6.99 originally and they are marked 50% right now. I've kept an eye on them because I only buy them cheap. They don't last very long for my kids. They either get lost or broken too readily...But I have been waiting for them to get to $1.48 to buy.

I just checked, yep, you're right, they are $5.99 regular price so not 75% off, my mistake............but $2.98 each is still a great price, haven't seen them lower..........

I just checked, yep, you're right, they are $5.99 regular price so not 75% off, my mistake............but $2.98 each is still a great price, haven't seen them lower..........

It is the cheapest I've seen them this year. In the past I've gotten them as post Christmas red box things. I've also found them post Christmas for about $1 at Walgreens. And once in the dollar spot for $.50. :-)

With the big ice storm we are having it has put a stump in my perimeter perusing!!! I did manage to make it out at lunch time. Curtain rods the pp posted about have all been moved out of the regular aisle into an endcap so hopefully they will go tomorrow. (still only 50 off) I am goin to need all new rods so plan to stock up on some of the other kinds if I can catch them! Saw a ton of picture frames for 75% off but the ones that had the cute sayings on them were still only 30 off! :( Some of the toys that were 50 off for the past two weeks were still only 50! So, guess I can say I wasn't missing much! :) Maybe the markdown folks couldn't get in to mark stuff down. Saw alot in the bath dept at 30 off so will be watching that.

Fireplace tools were still 30% off at my Target (Seattle) but more than 2/3 of stock has been sold or salvaged since the first markdown. Anybody have a guess when they might go down further?

Last year the fireplace tools (and heaters) went to 75% around Feb 18th. I can't remember if they went to 50% in the interim or if they went straight to 75%. And of course, I have no idea if this year will be the same. Dwindling stock at 30% is never a good sign.

I found two small black computer desks by Room essential says compact office desk (#0098) 249050098 for $19.98 regular $79.99 not sure what they will be li.ke but figure I could use them for storage if nothing else (does anyone have them and like them?) ..also had gatorade 18 pack for $5.09 203800190 (was happy to find these)...! This was at the Belden Village store in Canton.

Picked up a few great deals today. I had not been to Target in a couple of days, so I was going through withdrawal! :eek:

Found the Scrubbing Bubbles daily sprayer refills on clearance for half off ($2.07) and a large 409 All Purpose Cleaner refill bottle for half off ($2.14).

Got 2 packages of the RE decorative shelves for 50% off ($7.48). Small lampshade for 75% ($1.98).

Large brushed silver airtight canister for 75% off ($3.98)