Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

My local Target still had the Gibson instruments at my last visit. Still not much movement on the price though. Next time I am in, I'll scan to see what they are coming up at if they are still there.

They were on the endcap by the milk/food area (just up past the electronics section...meaning if you only looked in the iPod/game systems etc. area, you missed them by about two aisles) -- flute and clarinet marked to $139, violin at $89.....my DS is infatuated with the violinist at church...it was tempting to say the least...LOL!

Went to my local Target yesterday to buy an Ipod saw a MP3 sitting in clearance! OK this is for a 7 yo girl so I thought Ill save money it was marked down from 39.98-19.98 well when the cashier scanned it it came up 0.00 well at first she didnt realize but than she did and she changed the price that made me so mad, seriously it rang up that price maybe she should have kept it that price I know that it was probably wrong but hey dont you think they should honor it?? (snickers)

Went to my local Target yesterday to buy an Ipod saw a MP3 sitting in clearance! OK this is for a 7 yo girl so I thought Ill save money it was marked down from 39.98-19.98 well when the cashier scanned it it came up 0.00 well at first she didnt realize but than she did and she changed the price that made me so mad, seriously it rang up that price maybe she should have kept it that price I know that it was probably wrong but hey dont you think they should honor it?? (snickers)

I believe that when an items rings up 0.00 it means that the item is past clearance and usually those items are donated to the Goodwill at that point. At least that's what the employee told me when I bought the total of 3 $40 Schwinn bikes. They rang up 0.00 also and he had to get the store manager to approve my purchases.

Technically she could of just removed the item and put it under her register, because after it goes salvage (when it rings up 0.00) they are not required to sell it. When it goes salvage, it goes to goodwill or another store like that and then Target claims it on their taxes as a donation.

Some times you will get a cashier that is clueless and he/she will immediately type in a low-ball price such as 3.74 and then never give it a second thought, but it is very unlikely that you will ever get the item for the 0.00 price that it rang up.

Besides, what if it had the $19.98 clearance sticker and it all of a sudden rang up $49.98, should they honor that price because it rang up like that??

I live in Indianapolis near the West side (near Brownsburg) and have found that the Target on 38th street has really good clearance. If I'm going to find a deal, it will be there. The one in Avon usually doesn't though. :)

I'm not to far from you. I live by Crawfordsville.

I went last week to the one on 38th, Avon and Plainfield all I found was a few xbox games for $13.00. I thought maybe I will try Lafayette sometime soon.

Besides, what if it had the $19.98 clearance sticker and it all of a sudden rang up $49.98, should they honor that price because it rang up like that??

Actually it's illegal for them to charge you more than the price that is displayed for the item regardless of what they'd like to do, they MUST honour the tagged price.

That's true it is impossible but many stores around here say that if their product doesn't ring up, i.e. it doesn't scan because it isn't in their system then you get it for free. I have had that happen at a couple of grocery stores in the area including Hy-Vee.

Also I found a endcap full of Power Rangers Target exclusive items marked down 30%. I went ahead and bought a couple of larger talking action figures for my nephew. That store also had quite a few of the Laugh & Learn double sets still available for $13.98.

That's true it is impossible but many stores around here say that if their product doesn't ring up, i.e. it doesn't scan because it isn't in their system then you get it for free. I have had that happen at a couple of grocery stores in the area including Hy-Vee.

I have never personally heard of this. If the item does not scan, is not in their system, most stores I am aware of, remove it from the shelf until it can be added or an occasional cashier/store employee may override the system and input a price.

Well it has personally happened to me - the manager of the store even told me this was their policy at that store at that time. Now it hasn't happened to me very often but I did get my son's birthday cake for free because of their policy. They might have removed the items after my sale but I got to keep my item as well I should have.

Well it has personally happened to me - the manager of the store even told me this was their policy at that store at that time. Now it hasn't happened to me very often but I did get my son's birthday cake for free because of their policy. They might have removed the items after my sale but I got to keep my item as well I should have.

:yup:

This is the policy of at least two grocery store chains here in Gator Town, Albertsons and Publix. If any item scans at the incorrect price, you can get one of those items free and the rest are readjusted to the correct price.

However, I have never seen this policy at any store outside of a grocery.

It will never happen at Target when an item scans 0.00 though. That is their own corporate method of catching items that should not be on the sales floor. They will try to look up the last known selling price at Guest Services, if they decide to sell you the item. Sometimes you can suggest a low ball price to the cashier and if it sounds reasonable to them, they will ring it up at that price. This happens a lot to me when a seasonal item that went 90% off the week before goes salvage and rings 0.00. If I tell the cashier that the item was 90% off on clearance the previous week, they do usually accept my word for it.

But then, I am known at my local Target for being a perimeter peruser and finding the deals. :giggle:

Yep, today in the Orange Park FL store, they had diddly squat on clearance!!! I left with only a quad of Loreal eyeshadow for $1.43 and a pair of panties.... Well, actually 2 pair of panties including the ones I was wearing.

I am so glad you cleared that up for us!!! :sidesplit

This place always makes me smile!!!

I live in Indianapolis near the West side (near Brownsburg) and have found that the Target on 38th street has really good clearance. If I'm going to find a deal, it will be there. The one in Avon usually doesn't though. :)

I go to the Target on 38th Street as well, and I find good clearance, but I have to go along, my daughter doesn't allow me to shop for long especially if I'm not in the toy isles. :(

I'm wondering if the Baby Alive dolls are going to go quick tomorrow. They had 3 on the shelf today and I'm wondering should I go back and buy then return tomorrow for the sale price? :)

i found the 2002 holiday barbie in 2005 in target last year. it was stocked with the regular barbies, but covered, and i mean covered with dust. scanned, but no price appeared. an employee in toys scanned with their handhelds thing, they said it should not be in the store at all. anyway, sent me to service desk with it, manager said "how does 3.00 sound?" I said SOLD !!! brought her home.

Actually it's illegal for them to charge you more than the price that is displayed for the item regardless of what they'd like to do, they MUST honour the tagged price.

I wasn't suggesting that it would be legal in any sense. I was just stating whether it would be fair if the tables were turned.

I found a Kawasaki 9" portable DVD player on clearance tonight. It was marked original price 179.99 on clearance for 89.99. Scanned it and it came up $0.00. Tried to talk cashier into $44.98 but she called manager. They said it would have to be $89.99 even though it was no longer in the system. I didn't buy it. Will check back later and see if it comes down more.

I found a Kawasaki 9" portable DVD player on clearance tonight. It was marked original price 179.99 on clearance for 89.99. Scanned it and it came up $0.00. Tried to talk cashier into $44.98 but she called manager. They said it would have to be $89.99 even though it was no longer in the system. I didn't buy it. Will check back later and see if it comes down more.

:no:

I don't think it will go any lower. IME, electronics is the one department where items will go salvage (not on file or scanning 0.00) after only going down to 50% off. :(

I went to Target this morning when they opened and they only had one Baby Alive left on the shelf, when I went yesterday afternoon they had three. I was the first one in line this morning so I hurried over to the toy dept. and she was the only one left. No rain checks can be given.

I go to the Target on 38th Street as well, and I find good clearance, but I have to go along, my daughter doesn't allow me to shop for long especially if I'm not in the toy isles. :(

I'm wondering if the Baby Alive dolls are going to go quick tomorrow. They had 3 on the shelf today and I'm wondering should I go back and buy then return tomorrow for the sale price? :)

Hehe. My daughter is 2 1/2. As long as we hit the Elmo isle we're good. It just may take us a few minutes of "wondering around the store" to find him. :)

Do anyone know if Target PM the prices on their website in the store? I was told this morning by a worker that "they are not the same" and they won't honor the prices from target's website Is this true?

An employee told me that Target will not price match on on-line items nor will they price match between stores. The Target that is 5 mins from my house have different clearance schedules than the Target that is 15 mins away and I've never been able to get them to give me the lower of the two prices. :no: