Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

My experience has been that when you enter the first three numbers or so...nothing happens (the screen remains "scan" or whatever it says) -- but if you just keep inputting the numbers, the screen eventually shows what you've put in; so just punch in the whole number without wondering about the rest, hit "enter" and it should come up -- there are tons of those things that are broken tho...so you never know...he he...

what I do is write down the codes on all the stuff I'm interested in, then park myself in front of a scanner for a few minutes, and figure out what's on sale -- saves me having to load things into the cart only to return them to the shelves if there's not a deal worthy...kwim?

Thanks for the tip - I keep loading the Jr. golf clubs and finding they still haven't been marked down and then hauling them back!

If anyone is in the South Jersey Sicklerville area:

The new Target on Cross Keys Road has scooters for $21.00 as a new store deal - Original Razor, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Hello Kitty, Bratz, etc.

With the coupon from the toy catalog - they are only $16!! :eyepoppin

I'm soooooo disappointed! :(

I'm new to this whole Target deal shopping thing but I've been reading up and learning. So I go to my local Target this morning armed with two pages of marked down stuff. Found a scanner that worked and started entering in DPCI and UPC numbers but nothing was in stock. Nothing! Kept getting "AISLE: N/A" and "STOCKROOM: NO". Must have punched in at least 30 different items and not one was there. Oh well, guess my Target just sucks! :banghead:

I'm soooooo disappointed! :(

I'm new to this whole Target deal shopping thing but I've been reading up and learning. So I go to my local Target this morning armed with two pages of marked down stuff. Found a scanner that worked and started entering in DPCI and UPC numbers but nothing was in stock. Nothing! Kept getting "AISLE: N/A" and "STOCKROOM: NO". Must have punched in at least 30 different items and not one was there. Oh well, guess my Target just sucks! :banghead:

Stick with it!! I never found anything spectacular when I first started out, now I am very happy with my finds!! :) Sometimes it's just very hit or miss.

It is very hit or miss. It is nice to read about all the possibilities but the truth is, if your store is very busy and people buy things at the regular price or at early markdowns, there just isn't going to be the great deals you can sometimes find.

There are also times when I think either the employees watch for the great deals or things are pulled quicker than I think. I have had the misfortune to watch items and there can be 4 of em at 30% and even 50% and they will just sit there. Then suddenly they are just GONE! So it is definitely a test of patience and will. LOL

I am heading to Target this weekend. I will report any good finds.

I wanted to add that keep trying and looking. I've found some items by luck as they were hidden in odd places. So I have started looking very close as I walk the store.

Just got back from Target. Ours does NOT have one of those cool scanners you can type the codes in to :( I did find a very cute and helpful clerk who tried to track down one of those BBQ crockpots, but no luck. In fact, they didn't have ANY of the items I found out about on here :( And our Halloween clearance is GONE, but boy has Christmas moved in! lol

I did get Monopoply for $10, so it wasn't a total loss...and then I went to Old Navy....WOW!!!

I have a question about the toy book coupons. Will Target accept manufacturer's coupons and their toy book coupon for the same product? I have 2 coupons for $5.00 off any cranium game and $5.00 off cranium giggle gear and was wondering if I could use those with the toy book coupons? :confused:

I have a question about the toy book coupons. Will Target accept manufacturer's coupons and their toy book coupon for the same product? I have 2 coupons for $5.00 off any cranium game and $5.00 off cranium giggle gear and was wondering if I could use those with the toy book coupons? :confused:

Yes you can combine a mfrg coupon with a Target coupon. I do that with my groceries at Target all the time.

Score for you!

I went yesterday and found tons of the Archer Farms tall clear plastic canisters of Milk Chocolate pretzels, Candy Apple premium caramel clusters and Candy Corn premium caramel clusters, these were left from Halloween and scanned .39 cents(forgot how to do the cents sign!). Found them in the regular aisles mixed with all the others. Exp dates 5/07

Hi all! I'm back online (still visiting FIL in Fort Lauderdale though) after competing in the cook-off. I've been AFK for several days. Did y'all miss me? ;)

Welcome to everyone new! Please don't let 75 pages of messages in this thread overwhelm you. All you need is to read post number 1 of this thread (what I call the Newbie Guide) and then the most recent posts. If you go back more than a day or two, most of those deals will tend to be gone.

I so wanted that BBQ crockpot as a Chr-stmas present for Paul, but I don't even have the $25.00 right now. Ah well...

Hi all! I'm back online (still visiting FIL in Fort Lauderdale though) after competing in the cook-off. I've been AFK for several days. Did y'all miss me? ;)

Welcome to everyone new! Please don't let 75 pages of messages in this thread overwhelm you. All you need is to read post number 1 of this thread (what I call the Newbie Guide) and then the most recent posts. If you go back more than a day or two, most of those deals will tend to be gone.

I so wanted that BBQ crockpot as a Chr-stmas present for Paul, but I don't even have the $25.00 right now. Ah well...

Yes you were missed! Are you having fun?

I missed out on the crockpot as well, but maybe next time!

I was wondering where you were! :] Hope the cook-off went well!! Glad to have you back.

Ialady44, the DPCI is 072-04-1436. Hope you are able to find it!! If you have several Targets nearby, go to any one of them and go to the Guest Service desk and ask them to do a merchandise locate for you and give them the DPCI, they will be able to tell you which stores would have any in stock.

Donnask8pro, I believe this is the information you are looking for on the BBQ crockpot. It is at the top of the same page of postings as your post asking for the information. ;)