Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I am so thrilled I got the spiderman tent. The cashier was unable to ring it up because it came up "item not found" and asked me how much was it on the shelf . I told her I wasn't sure plus I didn't want to pay full price.She said she was unable to ring it up without a price. Not very helpful at the target I go to but its on the way home from work. I told her I would take it to the customer service desk and yes it was $7.48. So my ds will love it on Christmas morning. Love this site. I have been reading it for about a year and finally decided to be a part of it.

I found 2 Xyron machines and 4 cartridges. When I had called earlier to see if they had the Xyrons, the girl on the floor said they were on sale for 24.xx. I just knew they had gone down more than that! At the register, the Xyrons were 12.48 each (I had checked them at the scanner first of course), and the cartridges came up INF so I told them that I heard they had been marked down ato 2.33, and he punched them in!!! One for my SIL for Xmas, and one for me!! :D

I also found that Spidey dome tent thing. It wasn't marked clearance on the shelf (29.99) but it rang up as INF. I told him that it was supposed to be 3.24and HE RANG IT UP THAT WAY!!!! This is going to be my nephew's b'day present! :D

Sorry about all the !! but I'm so excited. I never find this stuff. BTW - the board games and leapster stuff was piled HIGH on those top shelves. Don't know if they were for BF or just stock.

Thank you guys so much!! I got 2 of the spiderman tents for $3.74. my hubby was shocked at the price. One is for my 3 year old son the other is a christmas gift for my cousins 2 boys. I just thought about one more gift I need so I am going to head back over there in the morning to get one more. They are well hidden because the price says $29.99 on the shelf, you have to scan to see that they are actually a steal. I love this site:thumbsup:

Alright - I am new to this thread too. i went to Target today looking for the Jr. Golf Clubs that are listed on the UPC link for 9.98 down from 39.99. Found both the boys and the girls and scanned them - boys came up 39.99 and girls came up INF. I took the girls to the checkout and she scanned a different barcode and they rang up for 39.99 too! I am in South Jersey - could it be that all Targets don't markdown at the same time???

I finally got the time to go today... I bought some sheets for my daughters bed 75% off 250 thread count for 6.24 - reg 24.00 Yea! I also bought a barbie short outfit for next spring for $3.68 !! My dollar spot is still reg price - I was disappointed with the fact that there was really nothing on clearance in any of the departments other than what I found.

Quick question about clearance items:

For example - if I buy something at 50% off and it goes 75% off the following week, can I take the receipt to Cust Service and return and rebuy the item? Do I need to have the item with me as well, or will the receipt suffice? Do they allow this?

THANKS!

Quick question about clearance items:

For example - if I buy something at 50% off and it goes 75% off the following week, can I take the receipt to Cust Service and return and rebuy the item? Do I need to have the item with me as well, or will the receipt suffice? Do they allow this?

THANKS!

They will refund the difference within 14 days. I purchased a Halloween costume and it went down 25% within the 2 weeks. I took in my receipt andtthey refunded the difference. I didn't even need to have the item with me!

Our Targets here anyway don't allow you to get the difference in price if the item was clearanced when you bought it. I think here anyway you'd have to return and rebuy, as long as you didn't get a snippy employee (which I always get, it seems.. and I never return/rebuy or simlar). :)

At most Targets they treat Clearanced items differently than regular items going on sale.

I was just in my Target last week and a man came in with his receipt and asked about how his product went further on clearance. They knew the man as they had been chatting about how his kids were doing etc. Yet they told him they could not help him. That if the product was still on the shelf at the lower price, he could buy it and return the one he bought at the higher price.

Our Targets here anyway don't allow you to get the difference in price if the item was clearanced when you bought it. I think here anyway you'd have to return and rebuy, as long as you didn't get a snippy employee (which I always get, it seems.. and I never return/rebuy or simlar). :)

Thank you. I was hoping for too much I guess! I may still try and see what they say though!

I just got back from the target in Fort Wayne, They had two Spiderman tents left. I had to pay 7.48 for each, but that still was a pretty good price. The lady there told me that all Targets clearance products differently and at different times. The easyreader that someone got for 8 something, was still 17.98 here. :(

The only time all Targets mark down the same item at the same time is when a seasonal department gets marked down. So, hen the Hallowe'en merchandis goes clearance, it should go to 50%-75%90% off at all Targets on the same days.

My Target (I only have one nearby, the next closest is 45 miles away) tends to mark other merchandise about two weeks to a month behind the ones that mark it down first. I used to resent that, as I would run out to see if my Target had an item someone posted about. But now that I'm used to it, I love it. I'm given a heads up to watch an item, and may catch it on markdown befoe someone else at my store kno about it.

Thanks guys for the info in the difference in marking down items.

I am taking a vacation this week and have visited 3 Targets so far. In the first Target, we found a wall hanging that my daughter wants, reg price 19.xx. The very first one has it clearanced at 3.xx. Of course I picked it up. The other 2 I visited still have it at regular price so I was thrilled I had gone to the first one!

Targets by me have tons of girls clothes 75% off, alot of them season appropriate, the yes line jeans that were 24.99 are now 6.24!! I have over 12 Targets within 30 minutes! I actually buy some items from Target to resell on Ebay and make a decent dollar off that! Picked up a waverly sofa slipcover for 6.26 today, normal price 129.99!!! Should be able to sell it for 40-50$!

Also sell many electronic items as they go 75% off!

I went to a Target near me, but not my normal Target. They had their Spiderman tents and the Disney Cars Mix Stixs still at normal prices. I scanned everyone in stock just to make sure! So weird how they do things at different times. Our WalMarts do the same thing too.