Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I saw the furniture you are talking about go 50% at ours. Maybe I should move to Texas! The chair we wanted was gone quick tho. It was a round modern looking black padded one. Oh well.

My son wanted that chair for his college apartment. It was really cool. Still 30% off at our Target. If it lasts for 75%, I'll buy it for him.

The school items at our WI store were still at 30% and put in an isle with other clearance items (ceiling fans, fake flowers) to make room for all the Halloween items. I was kind of hoping the flower stuff would have been 75% off but still only 50%. They had all the big inflateable pool items 75% off but didn't need any of that stuff.

I bought a rocking folding chair for $7.49 (reg $30), some stationary type stuff and a couple of Nickelodeon crayola fun rolls (rang up $1.99 but still marked $5.58) @ 75%.

:yup:

They do have some cool chair for college apartments (college girl speaking!! lol) there is a chair I want too!!! I'm going to go check on it next week after I get paid.

My fingers are crossed its on sale cheap!!

Last time I went I got some pens and pencils for like $0.88 a pack. they didn't have much left..and the garden stuff has been GONE for a longgg time..

I did get awesome deal on all the longer length tanks though.

got the black/white composition books for the kids (probably enough until they graduate from college!) for .12 cents. bought 2 lunch boxes for my youngest, she loses at least one a year for 1.98 each (brats and supergirl) all the school stuff is 75% off. and the tent and sporting good stuff was 50% off, they had an eddie bauer tent for $80, regular price $160. good deal if i went camping!

I just bought a Hillary Duff watch for $3.48 which was 75% off and a Thomas O'Brien fitted king sheet for $9.89 which was 75% the original price of $39.98!! I thought that was great! I only went there to check on the school supplies but got me a new sheet and my daugther a christmas present instead!!

Target in south St. Louis county is STILL at 30% off school supplies. I haven't checked the one by me since wednesday. I go there on saturday.

I went to target here last night. The school stuff there is STILL 30% too. When I went the other day they had like NOTHING left in school stuff... but amazing last night they had bunches more... must have found some in the back room!! :cheesy:

I'm still waiting for a certain chair to go down.. well actually 2 of them they are at 50% now...watching and praying they go lower!! :P

Most of the big inflatable items for the pool were 75% at my Target. The giant castle for the pool was reg $99 was down to $24.99, the slide which was regular 60 something was 14 and they had a inflatable teeter toter for the pool for only $8. There were a few others, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I also got a nice fold-up chair for the patio for 3.74 and I would have bought more if I could have found more....

edit - title of post added back in:

"Our Target never has the deals people post all over the web about..."

it's so frustrating.

Trish

Note to Trish: Don't know about other sites, but on GD we don't ever use the "post title" line, but it is built in to the forum software so you will see it as an option, but it won't show on the board when you post. - USC Becca

Went to Target today and they have moved all of the school supplies all the way across the store and they are still 30% off. I heard a man talking to several employees and he told them fill one of the ends of the isles with as many backpacks as they could fit there and then he said - as they sell tomorrow we'll restock them. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it means that they are going to 75% off tomorrow. There's several school supplies that I've had my eye on and maybe a backpack or 2 for next year...

Had to laugh at the title of this thread....It's so me! My latest "perimeter" bargain at Target was some really nice picnic baskets with dishes and cutlery marked down to 12.48 from 49.95. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that they will go down even more, they had quite a few. If the price goes down I'll buy more and take back the others. :D I'm going to use the baskets for christmas gifts and try to find some cheap cookies, nuts, etc to put in them. It should look pretty expensive! :D

Had to laugh at the title of this thread....It's so me! My latest "perimeter" bargain at Target was some really nice picnic baskets with dishes and cutlery marked down to 12.48 from 49.95. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that they will go down even more, they had quite a few. If the price goes down I'll buy more and take back the others. :D I'm going to use the baskets for christmas gifts and try to find some cheap cookies, nuts, etc to put in them. It should look pretty expensive! :D

Wow, what a great find!

That is my favorite...finding something and changing the use of it to fit me.

Oh, thanks for the heads up! I saw them at 50% off, but $25 each was too expensive for me. If I can find them at 75% off (as low as I expect them to go), I'll buy them for the end-of-the-year teacher gifts.

Off to Target in about an hour and hoping I can still find them!

Well, School supplies were FINALLY being marked 75% off today....BUT.....they were having to change the prices individually in the system. I had picked up some things that were to be marked down, as well as some that had already been. Well normally even though they havent gotten to a particular item yet, it will still be in the system & scan at the right price. Not today :( If it didnt have the sticker yet, it wouldnt scan 75% yet. I asked at teh register if she could adjust them, since there were only 3 ppl working on it, and had only covered a very small area so far. I was told that I would have to wait. I explained to her that i was not gonna stand there and wait God knows how long for them to get that stuff done....ugh!

That has happened to me too. I guess it's understandable that it might not be a good idea to scan people's stuff individually while they are working in the aisles (for fairness, maybe), but to me it seems like "what's the difference if you scan it, tag it and put it in my cart or put it back on the shelf." I have to say most of the time the workers are really friendly to me about it and are happy to change the ticket as long as they are working in the aisle anyway, but ONE time I got this really mean guy who recited some silly policy and told me he "would never get his work done if all he did was scan people's stuff", blah, blah, blah!

Anyway, lots and lots of school stuff left here in KC. Backpacks did not go 75 today here though... just lots of markers, pencils, tablets, stickers erasers, sissors, etc... etc... My kids can now cut, draw, sticker and glue themselves silly :)