What about outlets?

Rossana71

:gd_steeri Hi, I live in Guanajuato, Mexico last year I went to Katy Mills in Houston and the sales were not what I expect, this year I am planning to go to San Marcos, Texas I am looking more for clothes or should I stay in San Antonio, the outlet mall has a good BF? Thanks

I am looking forward to replies from those who frequent outlets. My experience has only been with Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and I found that they are just about the same price as the retail stores in most instances. The only deals I have found there are on upscale clothing there, but many of those items appear to be seconds.

But, I have never been to one of the outlet malls that are strip malls. Is it pretty much the same, or do you find nearly everything is a lot cheaper in those stores?

I love outlets! But I don't know if prices on BF would be even better, or if it wouldn't make much of a difference... I've never been to Sawgrass Mills, but the outlet malls in Orlando do have much lower prices!!

Interesting. I was just told by a poster on a different forum about Target that she agrees with what i said about Sawgrass Mills for the other outlet malls, that you need to really know your prices as you can find many ofthe same things at the same price in the retail stores.

But, we tend to shop the major discount retailers. Perhaps she means comparing the prices to what we'll find at at those stores, versus the retailers the outlet stores are selling for.

outlets don't really do a BF thing. it depends on the outlet and what stores are inside - if there's an old navy there may be SOME bf deals, but not many. you may be able to get just a general sale that weekend though.

i love outlets though, they're my favorite place in the world. walk around all day, all the major stores i love, and at the discounted prices...

I haven't been to an outlet mall in a couple of years on Black Friday, but I used to work at one. At the time many of the stores in the mall would have door busters also (from 6am-11am)--maybe a percentage off your entire purchase or a free item. From what I remember it doesn't compare to the doorbusters and sales that walmart, sears, jcpennys etc have but they do try. The store I worked at also had some specials for the day and weekend as well--can't remember the other places in the mall, one I was off work I was ready to go home. The mall was swamped though so there must have been some good deals.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Amy

I go to the JC Penney outlet in Reading, PA on BF, but I save it for close to last. They discount their already cheap toys up to 30% off. They have tons so I never rush..

That's cool!! I'll try to price match at Walmart, go to BrandsMart very early for other items, and then I don't know... maybe clothes... I'll check prices and discounts at Sawgrass, and if they're not worth the trouble, I'll just go somewhere else. It's good that I still have lots of time to check such things, and plan my BF shopping in advance!

I live really close to some outlets in Colorado. I know for some of the stores you can sign up on their mailing list. By doing this, they will send you coupons that you can use on BF and throughout the year. They also tend to open earlier than normal.

That's cool!! I'll try to price match at Walmart, go to BrandsMart very early for other items, and then I don't know... maybe clothes... I'll check prices and discounts at Sawgrass, and if they're not worth the trouble, I'll just go somewhere else. It's good that I still have lots of time to check such things, and plan my BF shopping in advance!

I know many years ago, like when it first opened, there was a JCPenney Outlet at Sawgrass Mills. I don't know if it's there anymore though.

In college I used to live at JCrew and Esprit outlets. But it's been a few years.

Yeah, I doubt they would have comparable deals to the big box stores, but you might be able to score a nice % off, which could be a great deal if you found clearance stuff you wanted.

If you're coming up from Mexico -- I'd stick w/San Antonio and the big department stores if you're looking for clothes. A couple years ago we started out in San Antonio and ended up in San Marcos - :( We did MUCH better in San Antonio.

Do you have a way to watch the ads for the department stores like Foley's, Dillards and Kohl's?

Also - they opened a new mall a couple weeks ago up by Fiesta Texas - they have a Nordstom's and Neiman Marcus. I wonder if THEY do BF stuff?

In college I used to live at JCrew and Esprit outlets. But it's been a few years.

Yeah, I doubt they would have comparable deals to the big box stores, but you might be able to score a nice % off, which could be a great deal if you found clearance stuff you wanted.

i was SO mad that they closed all the esprit stores! i loved buying shoes and wallets from them!

there are no jcrew outlets near me - i've only seen the one back home in gilroy.

outlets just require patience. most of them is the previous season's clothing, so the key is just to wait until a major holiday when they start their sales. same goes for regular stores! i love buying clothes in january since they're all on sale!

I was there on Saturday, Penneys outlet is still there... we buy clothes there... you can find some stuff there cheap during the year don't know about the BF sales though

I've just checked their website. How come I've never been to that store??? Their clothes are beautiful!!!! Let's see if they have good deals for BF...

• 2 weeks later...