Dealing with UPS claims (via Kohls) Any experience?! FRUSTRATED!

Has anyone had to file a dispute with UPS for a package that was never delivered? How did it turn out? I've heard they can be a PITA with "damage claims"

but this is an actual package that never even got close to delivery.

This all started on 11-10-10 when I ordered the Kitchenaid Artesian Mixer from Kohls.com. Got a pretty decent deal

with free shipping and earned Kohls Kash....Item shipped out on 11-11-10 (or that is when they created the label I don't

think it left the facility until the 12th) Anyways I know Kohls sometimes takes forever but when I saw it was coming

UPS ground I knew it would be quicker than their usual Fedex Smartpost and was excited. I am a TRACKING NUMBER ADDICT and

check important shipments almost daily. So when I saw it was "stuck" in ALB. for DAYS I started to worry. Alb. is a large

town about 400mi north of me. It arrived in Alb. on 11-17-10 and by 11-22 when it still had not moved I emailed

Kohls.com customer service concerned it had been lost. They emailed me back saying that I was right that it was well

past the estimated delivery time and if it hadn't made it to me FRIDAY 11-26 to contact them again. She did at

that time credit my card for the 7.50 shipping surcharge I had paid.

So Friday 11-26 my UPS delivery was made and it wasn't included, but I knew it wouldn't be because tracking still showed it

stalled in Alb. So I email CS and let them know that it STILL had not arrived.

A few hours later Amazon had a BETTER mixer (professional series) for about the same price and since I am a Prime member

shipping was free and 2 DAY SHIPPING so I placed an order with Amazon. Got that mixer by the next Tuesday evening...

I finally got an email response from Kohls.com on Nov. 29th and it said that it did indeed look like my package

had been lost or stolen (YIKES!) and that they were putting in a tracer with UPS. It went on to tell me that

unfortunatly for me tracers take time and there was nothing they could do until UPS investigated and it could take up to

3WEEKS!! and then longer for the actual refund (don't mind me I am just out $300 here....) They did offer to let me reorder (at my cost)

the mixer for the same discounted price I did before. I then explained it had already been replaced with another order and declined

to reorder with them. I also told them to put in their notes if the package was found with UPS to have it "returned to shipper" and told them if

it did actually finally make it here that I would mark it return to shipper. They agreed.

UPS contacted me on 12-3 and asked if I had an "issues" with the delivery...UM YEA I never got it! They apoligized and let

me know that a claim would be filed and the package investigated and it would take up to 8 business days (where do they come up

with these NUMBERS?) So why 8 days with them and 3 WEEKS for Kohls.com is beyond me?!! I asked them to also make a note that the item should

be "returned to shipper" if it showed up.

So yesterday I decide to check the status of the claim and it says in black and white "Package Search Complete (Package Found / Delivery Confirmed)" OK

WTH I have not heard anything. So I call UPS and get the run around "hadn't been 9 days" Called Kohls and get the

run around.."it could take 3wks"

Now #1 I 100% know the package was not delievered EVER. They leave stuff on my porch all the time (DAILY this time of year)

and besides their tracking shows it didn't make it past Alb. #2 if the package was located why are they stalling the claim?

#3 what if they try to say it WAS delievered? Even though it wasn't? I mean my UPS guy DID certainly deliver a mixer in its original

box so he KNOWS it was a mixer but it was a entirely different color, different style and from a different shipper.

Can they say they did deliver it and it was stolen off my porch even though tracking shows otherwise? And if so am

I then at fault or them for leaving it? (I don't work so 99% of the time I am HERE anyways but he leaves them on the porch and rings

the bell and does NOT wait for me to get to the door)I literally order from Amazon almost daily and therefore have UPS deliveries daily

and have never had an issue or claim before. And why if the items is marked to be "returned to shipper" am I still out my money...? Because

they don't "know" that I haven't already gotten it....WELL OK TRACKING clearly shows IT NEVER GOT NEAR ME!!!! I realize Kohls does not get

money from UPS until the claim is resolved what I don't understand is why I am the only one getting SCREWED meanwhile!

Its just so frustrating that I KNOW its not Kohls fault and I KNOW its not even entirely any person I talk to at UPS

fault but it CERTAINLY is not MY FAULT but meanwhile I am the only one concerned because so far I am the only one out any

money!! I mean seriously not only have I been out the nearly $300 since NOVEMBER 10th...I also have since then bought a REPLACEMENT for the

lost package! I've also missed out on ordering as much from Kohls.com because I refuse to do so until I know how this all turns out :(

So does anyone have any experience with UPS claims or shipment claims with UPS. I am truely trying to be PATIENT and I am very grateful that

I was able to still get the gift for my MIL even though I have not been refunded. BUT I know alot of people who couldn't do that..they'd be depending on the

refund to be able to purchase another one which is why I don't understand how they can hold my $$$ hostage for an entire month (it has been a month since

they took my money BTW even though they keep stressing the claim was not filed until Dec.1 and it could take 3wks from then....HELLO if you would

have filed it when contacted on the 24th we'd be a week closer!!! :(

If I had paid with my Discover like I do 99% of my transactions it would be a non issue I would have contacted them and they would have taken care of it

but of course I used my stupid Kohls card to get the 30% code when I should have just ordered from Amazon all along :(

VERY frustrated with the entire situation...especially having to call just to get updates and stay on hold for long periods of time and them still give me

roundabout answers!

Edited by mom2monkiesx3

Personally, in my opinion, UPS is awful to file a claim with and get issues resolved. I hope it gets resolved for you quickly. It is very frustrating!!! Keep calling and documenting names, date & time, and the details of the conversation. Don't give up!

I've had several issues with UPS. I always have to call the company I ordered from and they do the whole tracer until they deem it lost/stolen and then I am either refunded my money or a replacement package is sent.

I now request that UPS get a signature at delivery. It's a pain in the butt to always have to be home, but it's easier than calling and having tracers placed and waiting.

Thanks guys. I have never had an issue and like I said I have UPS here pretty much daily. My guy drives in from the next town over (40mi) (we are a TEENY town with no UPS) and he gets here pretty late at night (sometimes after 8pm) so I HATE to make him get signatures but I sure am thinking about it...I wonder if I can add that over the phone since we don't have a local office? And I wonder if it would have helped in this situation since it never made it close enough for a signature? Still pretty aggravated that UPS claim status online says the claim has been closed but they are still pretending/stalling otherwise :mad:

I always kinda thought that over a certain amount they required a signature but I guess not!?!?

Thanks guys. I have never had an issue and like I said I have UPS here pretty much daily. My guy drives in from the next town over (40mi) (we are a TEENY town with no UPS) and he gets here pretty late at night (sometimes after 8pm) so I HATE to make him get signatures but I sure am thinking about it...I wonder if I can add that over the phone since we don't have a local office? And I wonder if it would have helped in this situation since it never made it close enough for a signature? Still pretty aggravated that UPS claim status online says the claim has been closed but they are still pretending/stalling otherwise :mad:

I always kinda thought that over a certain amount they required a signature but I guess not!?!?

You can call them and request the signatures. I did it over the phone.

I also sometimes have them hold it at the airport and I pick it up there if I know I'm not going to be home when the delivery driver would be by.

You can call them and request the signatures. I did it over the phone.

I also sometimes have them hold it at the airport and I pick it up there if I know I'm not going to be home when the delivery driver would be by.

Thank you I am going to do this for sure! We have no airport either so that wouldn't work for me LOL

Why won't Kohl's put your $300 charge on hold until this is resolved? It's not logical for them to expect you to pay the bill when they themselves are saying they are researching your package.

In their defense I have not called my Kohls charge account to give them a chance to do something to resolve this issue. But that is going to be another set of complications because: I don't use CC besides my Discover More card hardly EVER and when I do I pay them the 2nd the charge goes through (shoulda waited because the actual amount would not have been due until the 16th of this month :( ) So not only do I have to wait for the credit/refund issued by Kohls I then have to call and request a refund check from my Kohls charge (I will have a + balance on my Kohls account...we all know how fun dealing with GETTING money/credits from a CC company can be!

It's a tangled mess I tell ya!

I did just send Kohls.com an email stating that I realize they said it could take up to 3wks to trace the package but that when I spoke to UPS I got the claim information so I could check the status of the claim and as of 11-8-10 the claim status shows that the claim process is "finished and the package was found/delievered" Which BTW is another peeve of mine shouldn't they have two repsonses for that not just one..it should be it was FOUND not FOUND/DELIVERED (unless they are refering to it being delivered back to Kohls!) We will see if I get something besides to same cookie cutter response I've been getting about Kohls claiming it takes UPS up to 3wks to trace a package when UPS clearly told me it took 8 business days!. If the file was claimed on 12-1 the 8 business days would be up either tomorrow or Monday depending on if they are counting the 1st...Kohls' 3wks would make it Dec 22-23rd!!! And then they told me the refund could take longer than that! Why business are so quick to TAKE money but it always takes time to give it back is super annoying!

I HAVE been very good about writing down everything and think from now on Email is the way to go so I have it all in writing as well....

Shipping has been terrible slow for me this year. I just contacted Kohls today about an order that didn't show up. I got the game but not the jammies.

2 years ago I had a box show up with winter boots for a kid. They should have been shipped to WI. I called the CS and told them that a lady might be calling to say she didn't get her boots and it was because I had them and that they SHOULD believe her when she tells them she never got them. They said they were going to have USP pick them up but they never did. It also showed them as deliveered in their system.

Someone also got my sheets that year... I got boots and they got sheets.

Last month, i placed an order via kohls.com. There was 5 shipments total. All started with fed-ex or ups. But some were finished with usps. I thought that was very odd that fed-ex & ups use the postal service to complete some of their shipping. Esp. When ups was already at my house delivering others items!

It is not odd that it happens. USPS has agreements with UPS, FedEX and DHL to deliver goods. I get several shipments monthly from India (my Bollywood Posters and DVDs) and if they are UPS or FEDEX they sometimes come all the way and get delivered by UPS or FEDEX and sometimes they come half way via UPS/FEDEX and then get delivered by the USPS. By looking at the racking it looks like for me when it gets to JFK (NYC) it sometimes gets put into the USPS system.

I asked my mailman and he said that when UPS and others get overloaded or dont want to drive all the way to your home for one box they will have a truck that pulls up to the post office and they will have USPS deliver.

Last month, i placed an order via kohls.com. There was 5 shipments total. All started with fed-ex or ups. But some were finished with usps. I thought that was very odd that fed-ex & ups use the postal service to complete some of their shipping. Esp. When ups was already at my house delivering others items!

FexEx SmartPost and UPS Mail Innovations are the WORST!! Every package I have ever had lost is because of these 2 ship methods. I am still waiting on stuff from a buy.com order from 11/29 that is lost somewhere in the transition from UPS to USPS. I'm just happy it's only $10 worth of stuff missing. I'd be having a cow if it was $300.

It is not odd that it happens. USPS has agreements with UPS, FedEX and DHL to deliver goods. I get several shipments monthly from India (my Bollywood Posters and DVDs) and if they are UPS or FEDEX they sometimes come all the way and get delivered by UPS or FEDEX and sometimes they come half way via UPS/FEDEX and then get delivered by the USPS. By looking at the racking it looks like for me when it gets to JFK (NYC) it sometimes gets put into the USPS system.

I asked my mailman and he said that when UPS and others get overloaded or dont want to drive all the way to your home for one box they will have a truck that pulls up to the post office and they will have USPS deliver.

I have had the UPS man drop off boxes at our home (about 2 blocks from post office) and tell me he dropped off some at the Post office for us....now how stupid is that

The one and only time I filed a claim with UPS, it was resolved quickly with no issues. Amazon had sent a package with electronics and other stuff via UPS and the UPS driver left it out on my front step in the rain. Needless to say, everything in the box was ruined. They had amazon refund me the purchase price of everything and I reordered.

Kohls is right total for a credit etc should be about 3 weeks. Why.

1 - you call, they file a claim with UPS

2- UPS sends driver to try to locate (this can take 5 -7 working days)

3- no location of package and ups contacts kohls via SNAIL MAIL with Claim number to bill them for last package

4- for some crazy reason credits take longer from bank to bank, I know its crazy but the company i work with we deal with this too.

we can process a credit, it runs though that night and then 7-10 days later it actually hits their account I think its just banks hating to give money back (IMO)

and not tryint to jack thread,

I'm currently waiting on a package from amazon that went mail from USPS site i see nothing from Amazon's site I see it in ATL for three days (im 3. 1/2 hours from ATL! grrs.

Kohls kicks ROCKS...and thats saying alot since I've always been happy with thier service. They are still giving me generic answers and claiming that UPS is still tracing the package even though UPS has told me their claim is closed both on the phone and online through the claim status checker....which IMO would give them reason to refund my money that SECOND but in their opinion there is still things Kohls needs before they can do that (refund from UPS which means technically Kohls will be paid for this item TWICE before I am refunded for something I never got.....they should have to pay me interest LMAO (they've had my money since Nov 10th!)

I like to shop at Kohls..but this will be my LAST big online purchase EVER from them....if its not my last online purchase PERIOD. I order something everytime they offer 30% and free shipping together and thats at least once a month and usually its a few orders while the codes are valid...Darn them!

Only other shipping issue I've ever had was with Amazon..when they replaced my broken Kindle without charging me a penny for return shipping or shipping a new one out at no cost to me...they forgot to include a wall adapter for my charger. I callled and they overnighted me the charger no questions asked and credited my account $10 for no reason! So yeah you can say I am a bit overwhelmed by the events of this mess from a major cooperation!

I also am having an issue with a Kohl's order.This is from the fed-ex tracking site it is in reverse:

Mind you I live in Independence,Missouri

Dec 11, 2010 4:55 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Dec 9, 2010 2:36 PMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI

Dec 9, 2010 6:59 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI

Dec 7, 2010 9:30 AMAt U.S. Postal Service facilityINDEPENDENCE, MO Tendered to U.S. Postal Service for delivery - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

Dec 7, 2010 6:01 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Dec 7, 2010 2:31 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Dec 7, 2010 12:00 AMShipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

Dec 6, 2010 2:58 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH

Dec 6, 2010 1:34 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH

Dec 5, 2010 10:41 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

Oh my gosh I am having trouble too. I am so angry it has been 2 weeks and I have not recieved my order for a pair of basketball shoes for my son. Poor guy is wearing shoes to small to play ball in right now. I have been emailing Kohls and they have not even returned an email yet. Mine has been stuck in a town for 3 days now so far. I am glad I did not do my Christmas shopping thru them. I certainly will not do any more with them after my problem and reading all of yours. Just to let you know I ordered for JCPenney and had free to store and my order was there in 3 to 4 days tops, and Walmart to home within 4 days tops. No more Kohls.

I also am having an issue with a Kohl's order.This is from the fed-ex tracking site it is in reverse:

Mind you I live in Independence,Missouri

Dec 11, 2010 4:55 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Dec 9, 2010 2:36 PMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI

Dec 9, 2010 6:59 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI

Dec 7, 2010 9:30 AMAt U.S. Postal Service facilityINDEPENDENCE, MO Tendered to U.S. Postal Service for delivery - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

Dec 7, 2010 6:01 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Dec 7, 2010 2:31 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Dec 7, 2010 12:00 AMShipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

Dec 6, 2010 2:58 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH

Dec 6, 2010 1:34 AMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH

Dec 5, 2010 10:41 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

:eek:

Have you received your order yet?

One of my coworkers say if you ship something ( not from store / vendor) and state value is over $1000 then at every station they stop there got to be signature at every point. Which is why when he was oversea and doing his military duty he had his wife send him stuff and filed as over $1000 in valuel

Interesting, just had an issue with Kohls last night. I ordered 5 items for Kohls. I received two packages containing 3 out of the 5 items. One of my receipts showed that 4 items should have been in the package containing 2. I called Kohls and they were going to ship the items to me overnight, but the items were out of stock. Kohls called my local store and had them hold the items for me. Gave me an additional 10% off for having to go pick the items up at the store.

Did you call your local ups hub or the 800 number. The local hub is better to deal with Also unless your package has to have a signature UPS policy is to leave it on the porch and knock or ring the door bell if they waited for everyone to come to the door they would never get packages delivered lol. Good lick with your package. Remember to be kind to delivery persons at Christmas. There are wives at home who have to deal with their crumminess at home grin! C

You need to contact the Kohl's charge company and file a complaint. You can't be charged for something that was never delivered. Kohls is the one that hires UPS, not you. Why are they putting all the blame on you? I ordered a Keurig from Kohls, against my better judgment, and I wonder if it will get here. Kohls has notoriously been a big pain for me when shopping. I hope that it all works out for you. File a claim with your credit card company immediately!

Did you call your local ups hub or the 800 number. The local hub is better to deal with Also unless your package has to have a signature UPS policy is to leave it on the porch and knock or ring the door bell if they waited for everyone to come to the door they would never get packages delivered lol. Good lick with your package. Remember to be kind to delivery persons at Christmas. There are wives at home who have to deal with their crumminess at home grin! C

Wish my UPS man would actually bring mine to my door. He has started to leave mine on the mail box about 1/4th a mile from my house and lots of traffic travels by. He actually left DH's $500.00 laptop sitting on the mail box in the snow. Needless to say I hit the roof, and called and complained.....it didn't do any good though, because he has continued to leave them on the mail box.

Lots of luck to those of you still waiting on packages.