Who hates Wal-mart's pallet rules?

hpowers

If our 24 hour WalMart closed early and reopened up again at 6 that would be fine with me. I would still get there at 3 and get in line. lol But since they don't close, I think it's stupid for them to not put out blitz items until 6. Then the store is packed and they can't get the pallets through the aisles. And that's when the fights break out. The blitz items won't ring up at sale price until 6 am. Common sense tells you if the store is open 24 hours and you wait until 6 to go, there probably won't be anything left. lol

It's just been my experience that our store causes most of the fights. 2003 BF, they only got 13 of the GameCube bundles. We got there at 3 and 2 people were already waiting in electronics. They finally brought them out at 6 and there were at least 100 or more people waiting on 13 games then when the fights started, they were upset. If they are not going to close, they should put the items out and let people get what they want and get in line, it saves alot of trouble. A couple of years ago they did that and there were no problems, if you waited til 6 you got what was left. We got there at 3 and by 4:30, we were in line and ready to check out at 6. This also kept the aisles clear and we were 3rd in line so we were out of there by 6:15.

Yeah, having a 24 hour store allows me to check out by 6:30am. Depending on if I find everything right off the get go. I go super early to put all my price matching items in the cart then circle around the toys aisles with the pallets and go from there. I usually go to Walmart first or Toys R Us

Since we don't have a TRU, I go to Radio Shack next, they have the best stocking stuffers. Since we live in a small town they don't sell out before we get there from WalMart. Our Radio Shack doesn't get that busy until about 8 am on BF. By then I am in another store. lol Even though it would take longer to get out of WalMart, I think closing is best if they are going to wait until the last minute for blitz items.

Sorry, guys... But I am still kinda confused about the pallet thing. What exactly is it? I mean... what's the meaning of "pallet"? They are kinda "hidden" all over the store? What do you have to do to buy the items?

Sorry... it's just that English isn't my native language, and sometimes dictionaries don't help you much.

Sorry, guys... But I am still kinda confused about the pallet thing. What exactly is it? I mean... what's the meaning of "pallet"? They are kinda "hidden" all over the store? What do you have to do to buy the items?

Sorry... it's just that English isn't my native language, and sometimes dictionaries don't help you much.

When a store displays items for sale, there are usually wooden platforms that the items are stacked up on. Sometimes in very creative shapes. Those wooden platforms are called pallets, and we are referring to the entire display of sale items when we refer to pallets on this thread. Wal-Mart wraps the entire display and unwraps as the blitz/door buster items go on sale at 6:00 AM.

By hidden we mean that they'll set up a display of items in a department you don't expect. Such as turkey fryers over in Electronics, or some such. And since at a lot of Wal-Marts you can't see what is under the plastic wrap, you have to go ona search for the items you want to grab as soon as they are unwrapped and are on sale. So, the 'pallets' are 'hidden.'

We get a map at the entrance, which helps a lot.

I didn't read all replies, so someone may have already said this....but here's how we maneuvered thru the store.....

Most stores are set up the same, I think--the pallets in the main aisleways. You can do a pretty good job of maneuvering from section to section by weaving through the clothes racks in the middle of the store. It works better to do it w/out a cart, but not impossible! Between the 2 of us, we were able to hit all the pallets we wanted, and bypassed a lot of the congestion at the pallet itself.

When a store displays items for sale, there are usually wooden platforms that the items are stacked up on. Sometimes in very creative shapes. Those wooden platforms are called pallets, and we are referring to the entire display of sale items when we refer to pallets on this thread. Wal-Mart wraps the entire display and unwraps as the blitz/door buster items go on sale at 6:00 AM.

By hidden we mean that they'll set up a display of items in a department you don't expect. Such as turkey fryers over in Electronics, or some such. And since at a lot of Wal-Marts you can't see what is under the plastic wrap, you have to go ona search for the items you want to grab as soon as they are unwrapped and are on sale. So, the 'pallets' are 'hidden.'

Once more, thanks a lot for your explanation, Pam!!!!:) So, if the Walmart is 24/7 and we go there earlier, we may know where the itmes are, but not which items are in each display...Why do they do that??? It seems pointless to me.

Once more, thanks a lot for your explanation, Pam!!!!:) So, if the Walmart is 24/7 and we go there earlier, we may know where the itmes are, but not which items are in each display...Why do they do that??? It seems pointless to me.

Mine's 24/7 too--but they unwrap the pallets beginning at around 5:30 or so--the registers are closed till they open though, so you still have to wait.

Mine's 24/7 too--but they unwrap the pallets beginning at around 5:30 or so--the registers are closed till they open though, so you still have to wait.

Well, if I could get things, I wouldn't bother waiting... The point is, if we don't know where things are, there is more confusion for people to get stuff. I think it just makes people nervous and causes more mess. But there's no BF without mess, yeah?:gd_devild

My Walmart is open 24hrs and we just walked in about 4:30am, loaded up the cart with my PM items and waited for the Blitz item to be brought out. Our pallets were labled with their contents so there was no confusion on that, but getting close to the item you wanted was another story.

Can someone explain "Pallet" rules? I never shop at walmart because it is very very crowded.

Also walmart usually "DOES NOT HAVE " Limited no. of items like other stores ( say just 50 DVD players or 100 Tvs etc). Even if I go to walmart at 10.00 AM, i can find stuff .

Walmart has lots of peices of things that are on sale.

Last to last yr they had bikes on sale for $25. That time I did not need one. But this yr I want 2 of them. Hope they give out bikes.

And where should we look for bikes??

Simonalex

Bikes were located in our Wal-Mart's garden center the last couple of years.

I hate how they stuff the pallets in the most hard to reach places. God forbid several carts beat you as its a traffic jam. One year they put a pallet of this one toy in the pet aisle! Luckily a woman told me where it was so I got one, but how weird is that! no wonder why tons of people complained that year

If our 24 hour WalMart closed early and reopened up again at 6 that would be fine with me. I would still get there at 3 and get in line. lol But since they don't close, I think it's stupid for them to not put out blitz items until 6. Then the store is packed and they can't get the pallets through the aisles. And that's when the fights break out. The blitz items won't ring up at sale price until 6 am. Common sense tells you if the store is open 24 hours and you wait until 6 to go, there probably won't be anything left. lol

Our 24-hour Wal-Mart has the pallets out and ready to go by about 4 or 5, sometimes earlier depending on the item. Shoppers just are not allowed to touch anything on the pallets until 6.

Ours is 24/7 also, but they would not dream of cutting open the pallets before 6:00 on the dot! They have 2 employees at each pallet armed with scissors and at 6:00 ( on the dot! ) they cut them open and then the chaos breaks out.:greenappl

We get a map at ours and since it's a 24hr. Walmart we go in and get in line by our pallet.

Every year though there are people who rip the plastic bags just a little to check whats under them:g_laughin It works out well.

Guest Deals4Me
All the 24 hours by me, I used to go to one in Schreville, IN, and they closed on Turkey day, and reopened on BF... no 24 hours then!

I am not a fan of Walmart, but I let my hubby persuade me to go there last year on BF. My problem wasn't just that everything was in covered pallets unmarked. The employees there had no clue where anything was. My hubby went to Electronics to look for a DVD player that was in the BF ad. The employee in Electronics told him to go to Housewares.

At Housewares, he was told that they were in Electronics, so he went back to Electronics and asked another employee about the DVD players. That employee sent him somewhere else in the store. After looking for 30 minutes or so and talking to countless employees, he finally found them in the grocery section.

• 5 weeks later...
I was asking around at my local WM about where things might be, because I have never BF shopped a 24/7 WM, so I have no clue where they might "hide" the good stuff. I was informed that the trampolines will be in the garden center - and perhaps the 1-seater Jeeps. I REALLY want a jeep for my dd, so I hope the lady is right. Also, she told me that they won't PM any blitz items, but they will PM sale items as long as it's the EXACT (she was emphatic) same item in the ad.