Did you do anything nice for a fellow shopper (or see someone do a nice thing)?

buffaloguy

This is not technically a "nice" thing to do, because everyone has to leave a parking space at some point. However, when my sister and I arrived at our local mall at 4:00a.m. we got a parking spot 3 cars from the door (someone had already left---hands full of packages!) and we were happy!! When we left at 11:00a.m., the mall parking lot was insane. When we backed our car out, I looked at the car behind us and it was a teenage boy driving, and a grandma in the passenger seat with some other people in the back. The boy was fist pumping and the grandma was jumping out of her seat doing happy clapps!! They were ecstatic! We started honking our horn and yelled and waved to celebrate them getting our awesome parking spot. It made our day!!!!!!!

This made me smile and laugh out loud a little. I always think it's a tiny miracle when I find a spot so close to the door. And how cute for a teen boy to take his granny shopping! LOVE IT. This thread has made me feel soooo much better about the fist fight I saw in WM over $2.97 kitchen appliances. I went home immediately after thinking to heck with BF and ordered everything online. I've sworn of BF2011 all day but after reading this thread, maybe I'll drive to another WM and get away from the one in my neighborhood that has gone to the dogs in the last few years.

I had a gftcard for New York and Company that I had forgotten about - I wasn't planning on going there, but thought what the heck, I quickly picked out two items and since the sale was so good my two items came out free with still a few bucks on the GC so I told the associate to use the rest of the GC on the person checking out next to me! I bet that lady was surprised! :)

I forgot to put my extra 20% off coupon from The Childrens Place in my purse...got to the store and one of the employees asked if I was finding everything and gave me the 30% off coupon they were handing out, she says now the 20% you got in the mail you can use also and save even more...told her that I had forgotten mine. About 10 minutes later she came up and gave me one, someone had given her...it was such a pleasant suprise after I checked out and they give that one back to me I found that same employee and gave it to her to share with someone else that day as I had one at home.

Love reading this thread. Today was a great day. I didn't run into one rude or grumpy person. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The Target employees were GREAT, many running all around to help and direct people. They passed out candy canes and chocolate to those in line outside. At Scheels my daugher and I were trying to load a 70 lb. punching bag into a cart-what a show, and a friendly lady held our cart so we could get it in. A nice store employee helped us get it in the car. Later in the day at the mall my husband was walking and an elderly lady with several shopping bags and her purse fell down and her shoe fell off. My hubby explained that he was an EMT and asked if she was she hurt. She wasn't hurt, so he helped lift her up and another passerby helped her get her shoe on.

Got to WM around 9pm and there was only about a half a pallet of the $7 sheet sets and everything else I wanted had plenty so I stayed by the sheets til 12am, one lady came up and was wanting 4 sets of the sheets & didn't have a cart, so I told her I would watch her back so no one ran up on her once we were allowed to get them and she could grab the ones we both needed and throw them in my cart, then we could go to a less crowded spot and seperate our items. We ended up running around together and getting a couple more items in my cart. She was so thankful I helped her out since she was by herself and spending most of the night helping someone with her that was in line for a big ticket electronic item.

I was at Pep Boys earlier today to get the Castrol oil and Purolator oil filter deal, along with everyone else. There was a couple there where the husband was looking up the filter #s they needed in the book and the wife was grabbing them off the shelf. Only problem was that she was grabbing Purolator Gold filters, not the Purolator Classic that were part of the rebate. I stopped her and asked if they were planning on doing the rebate.

They were, so I made sure they understood that they needed to get the cheaper Classic filters.

Got to WM around 9pm and there was only about a half a pallet of the $7 sheet sets and everything else I wanted had plenty so I stayed by the sheets til 12am, one lady came up and was wanting 4 sets of the sheets & didn't have a cart, so I told her I would watch her back so no one ran up on her once we were allowed to get them and she could grab the ones we both needed and throw them in my cart, then we could go to a less crowded spot and seperate our items. We ended up running around together and getting a couple more items in my cart. She was so thankful I helped her out since she was by herself and spending most of the night helping someone with her that was in line for a big ticket electronic item.

My wife and I did something along those lines at Staples two years ago. We had a cart and some stuff and were waiting in line. The two guys ahead of us were college students. Their arms were loaded with various things they had picked up on sale, including "cake boxes" of CDs and DVDs.

Since our cart wasn't full by any means, we told them they were welcome to put their items on in our cart too and we'd all make our way up to the register together.

We were all in line for at least another 20 minutes and the guys were very appreciative. :D

I didn't... but I was the recipient of a wonderful grandma-grandaughter pair. I arrived after opening at Sears. I was too beat from thanksgiving to get up ... and six of my kids wanted to go with me! So I arrived and knowing we needed a washer and dryer stood in line just to find out if there were any left ... FAT CHANCE. The ad said there were only four and I heard talk in front of me of "do you have your number?" I thought "I have no number." Perchance the gradnma-granddaughter in front of me decided not to buy their washer and dryer set and gave me "their" number. Arriving nearly an hour after opening I got a washer and dryer set for only $398 with a "retail" (who pays retail?) price of $848! Thank you!

There is a Liberty Tax office in the same plaza as ABC Warehouse in Port Huron MI. Well, there were 8 of us lined up at ABC at 4:15am (store only opens at 8:00 am, but TV deals were good so lined up early. Got a 50" Pannasonic plasma for $478!!) and Liberty Tax folks started arriving at turned on their "open" sign. The 8 of us in line started joking "who is going to come and get their taxes done at 4:30 am on Black Friday of anytime on Black Friday? Well we were wrong....the Liberty Tax folks put on their uniforms (green color depicting the statue of Liberty including a cap) and start handing out free coffee, hot chocolate, cookies, etc and allow people in line to use their office to warm up ( it is 20 F outside, flurries and don't know what the windchill was, but it was biting cold for the 4 hours I was in line) and use their washroom. There was about 10 staff members (all incredibly friendly) and they were there just to take care of the folks in the ABC Warehouse line!!!!! Amazing group of ladies. They were not trying to sell anything, but you know where I'll think of and word of mouth advertise for when I need taxes done....

A big THANK YOU to the staff of Liberty Tax in the ABC Warehouse Plaza in Port Huron MI from one of the crazy frozen people in the ABC Warehouse line.

I went to Kmart at about 10 just to see what was left and went to see if they still had any of the 50% off Revlon hairdryer for $9. I looked everywhere then finally went to the service desk thinking they might be on a display somewhere else in the store being a special deal. The manager was there and grabbed me and my cart so he wouldnt loose us and helped me search for them. Him and I finally found one on the hairdryer aisle that was mislabeled as $19.99 he price checked it and sure enough $9.99. You dont see sales people helpful like that anymore.

There is a Liberty Tax office in the same plaza as ABC Warehouse in Port Huron MI. Well, there were 8 of us lined up at ABC at 4:15am (store only opens at 8:00 am, but TV deals were good so lined up early. Got a 50" Pannasonic plasma for $478!!) and Liberty Tax folks started arriving at turned on their "open" sign. The 8 of us in line started joking "who is going to come and get their taxes done at 4:30 am on Black Friday of anytime on Black Friday? Well we were wrong....the Liberty Tax folks put on their uniforms (green color depicting the statue of Liberty including a cap) and start handing out free coffee, hot chocolate, cookies, etc and allow people in line to use their office to warm up ( it is 20 F outside, flurries and don't know what the windchill was, but it was biting cold for the 4 hours I was in line) and use their washroom. There was about 10 staff members (all incredibly friendly) and they were there just to take care of the folks in the ABC Warehouse line!!!!! Amazing group of ladies. They were not trying to sell anything, but you know where I'll think of and word of mouth advertise for when I need taxes done....

A big THANK YOU to the staff of Liberty Tax in the ABC Warehouse Plaza in Port Huron MI from one of the crazy frozen people in the ABC Warehouse line.

Bingo! That's customer service right there!

A super nice man gave me the LAST Buzz Lightyear U-Command in Toys R Us. This was the ONLY item on my list for the entire night/morning that I would have been upset about missing. DS4 loves Buzz and is really wanting this...but there is no way I would pay $80 for it and it's a Toys R Us exclusive, so Amazon doesn't carry it directly. TRU was my only hope! LOL

We stood in the cold rain for 3 hours just to get into the store. I walked the perimeter of the store looking for the Buzz display and finally ended at the regular location of the Toy Story toys. There were ZERO on the shelf. A TRU employee was nearby so I asked him where they were. He pointed to the empty shelf (not much space was empty) and said, "This man just got the last one...but I'll go look in the store room and see if we have more." I nodded eagerly and said in my sweetest, most begging voice, "I'll wait RIGHT HERE." I waited, and looked around that aisle. Then the coolest thing happened...the man with the LAST BUZZ said, "I'm not really sure this is what I need. You can have it." And he helped me put it in my big plastic bag. It was great...I thanked him several times. Then hung out around that area for a while...never saw the employee come back with another Buzz.

I got a ticket for a immigrant family one from India and one from Vietnam. They were at the end of the line and needed 1 laptop each. I also helped people by telling the about GD and how to save money all year!

Sorry, but I can't say I agree with you on this. First off, what about that person in line maybe 20th or 30th deep that waited for several hours and came up one ticket short of getting that laptop that you gave to the last person in line? Secondly, you said you weren't getting anything since you had been getting out of line to do your webcast. Why did you take tickets then? Does not seem fair to me. Some lady asked me to get her a ticket for a cell phone deal and I told her it just wasn't fair to the folks that had stood in line for hours to get that ticket.

I offered my 189$ Best Buy laptop at cost because at there Best Buy one family bought every one available, so they went home empty handed after waiting a very long time in line being 4th. Helpin out a follow gottadeal'r.

Hope you enjoy it dustysky!

You rock and I am more then grateful for your kindness! Thank you - thank you - thank you!

Had a few good moments at Walmart at the cricut display. Made some new friends while we were waiting. Yep, scrapbookers are just nice people lol. A lady asked the mgr. if she could put a pink cricut expression on top so she wouldn't have to dig through the pile at midnight to get it. She explained that her friend has breast cancer and wasn't allowed out b/c of the risks of infection due to the chemo and she wanted a pink one b/c everything in her life was pink. The mgr went over and helped her put it on top (I should probably add that the manager's wife is really big into scrapbooking).

My sis was waiting at TRU in Sioux Falls SD for an hour and when they were handing out coupons, she didn't get the one for the ipod she wanted. Shortly before opening, the person in front of her decided they didn't want it and gave her the ticket.

While at menards, the lady in front of me in the checkout lane realized that she forgot two items on her list. I told her I would push her stuff ahead in line so she could go get it. I'm a single person so I know how hard it is to do this type of stuff by myself. Another lady was using a flatbed cart and told the elderly couple behind her to put their stuff on the back half of her cart b/c she had plenty of room. They hadn't had the good luck to get a cart or anything.

While I was in Michaels on Thursday night, I was looking at an ATG gun (a $40 tape runner for scrapbooking). A lady I had been chatting with wanted to get one but realized that she had left her coupon at home. She asked me if I could pay for it and she would give me cash. I had chatted with her and a few other people while we were debating various items. Never did learn her name but I also invited her to join a monthly crop. Figured that with the cost of scrapbooking, it always helps to save a little money and she was worried that tehy would run out of these.

I went with a friend to Macy's today. Took my Macy's card and coupons they sent me. We were in the women's department in a small corner section. My friend said "Hey did u drop your discount cards to use with your Macy's card?"..nope I didn't I told her..I looked around and there was another woman shopping in the corner..I went over and asked if she had dropped them.."Yes, I did..thank you so much" and she had a armful of clothes ..

Sorry, but I can't say I agree with you on this. First off, what about that person in line maybe 20th or 30th deep that waited for several hours and came up one ticket short of getting that laptop that you gave to the last person in line? Secondly, you said you weren't getting anything since you had been getting out of line to do your webcast. Why did you take tickets then? Does not seem fair to me. Some lady asked me to get her a ticket for a cell phone deal and I told her it just wasn't fair to the folks that had stood in line for hours to get that ticket.

I have to disagree with you disagreeing.

Seems to me that since Dev waited in line, he earned his tickets and therefore had the right to do whatever he wanted with them. He could have just left with them too and not even used 'em.

It's a free country, Dev gave the tickets to people of his choosing. He didn't charge for them or anything like that.