Cart? No cart? Strategy?

me2

I've tried using a cart on Black Friday, but particularly in places like Walmart or Target it's impossible. I think I'm going to suck it up and go to Walmart,:yuck: and I can't imagine I'll be able to maneuver a cart through that store. So how do you carry things? Just pile it on and try to balance? I've done that, and it's not that easy! :eyepoppin I wish I had a big mesh bag like they have in IKEA to just toss things in and roar through the store. :P Anyone have a great strategy to solve this problem?

the last few years my husband and I have started going together ... I found if I parked him some where he was happy near the cheep movies so he cound dig though them at his leasure..he would have a cart. I would then be able to move around the store and get what I want when my hands were full I would stop and drop stuff off... I also never carry my purse a few years ago I bought a small camera case with a loop I hook it to my belt loop with a carabeaner.. and carry a small amount of cash in my pocket for the salvation amry buckets or what ever else I may need.

I do the same, but with my mom. I park her with a cart somewhere, usually between clothes racks, and I run around and drop off when need be. Except for last year. I was there at midnight night and leisurely strolled the store with my cart for THREE hours, before lining up for two more hours. Most people came into the store between 4-5am not realizing the store was open 24 hours that time. I really think it spoiled me, because now I'm really dreading fighting the crowds. Whereas in previous years I never realized it could be any other way.

With doors opening at midnight, I'm sure I'll be back to parking someone with a cart while I run all over hell and back.

I have always used a cart. But me and my best friend usually take turns holding the cart, depending on how much stuff we are getting. Our biggest is usually Walmart, but this year I think it may be Target. She has always taken at least one of her kids also, so we had to have a cart. Our Walmart is busy, but it is no where near as bad as some of you have talked about.

The main thing I am worried about it where everything will be and how they will fit anymore items in our store..lol. They remodeled about 4 months ago and I still can't find anything! Everything is also more crowded than ever. So this will be an interesting year.

We always have a cart, but DH or I take turns running off to grab something while the other one stands with with the cart. Usually it's him to get it- because I WILL get sidetrack. So if I forget something, I tell him when he gets back and he runs right back out there. He doesn't mind. lol

We do the same my mom usually has a cart and she goes around looking and I run and grab what I need and dump in the cart. Only thing that stinks is when I can't find her and my arms are piled high with everything I found. This year we are taking walkie talkies though! It is usually a hassel to dig out my cell phone and call her and HOPE that she hears it and answers.

I've never tried it before, but this year I plan to bring along a reusable shopping bag. My Walmart bag has a pretty long strap that will fit nicely over my shoulder. Since I am going mostly for movies, games and other small things this seems to be the way to go. My only concern is security - they won't have a problem with us carrying items in a open-top bag, right?

I think I may need a cart at WM - I might be picking up a bicycle. I'll just have to see how it goes and how crowed it is. I plan on showing up at an off time, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I got to WM around 8:00 last year and had no problems at all. I Strolled the store with my cart and there were cashiers waiting at the end of their registers for customers to check out.

We've done both strategies. Had a family member stashed with a cart and last year we had the resuable shopping bags. This year at Cracker Barrel my mom found the reusable bags but they are 3x the size as the grocery store one and they are Christmas themed. So that is what we are using this year. We also got matching tshirts with a pile of presents on it and the wording Black Friday is not for sissies!

I've never tried it before, but this year I plan to bring along a reusable shopping bag. My Walmart bag has a pretty long strap that will fit nicely over my shoulder. Since I am going mostly for movies, games and other small things this seems to be the way to go. My only concern is security - they won't have a problem with us carrying items in a open-top bag, right?

There should really be no problem - security wise - since many people use those types of bags on non-BF days. Also last year, Target gave away reusable bags (they were a bit flimsy and had a pointed bottem instead of flat) to people in waiting in line. I think I will be using a reusable bag for Walmart and possibly Target since I am going after smaller things like DVDs and Blu-Rays. At Target I think I'm also going for the movies, sonic toothbrush, 600 thread sheets and the Sony Blu-Ray and hopefully between my bag and hands (and sister) we wouldn't need a cart.

I've been thinking about this too. I usually get a cart and slowly but surely make my way throughout the store. If I need to ditch it momentarily in an empty aisle, I do. BUT, with Wally opening all night this year, I think my store might be too nuts to have a cart. lol

And if someone even tries to steal it, there's gonna be trouble. LOL

The worst around here is TRU. Last year I went with 4 friends, so we all talked about what we were looking for while we stood in line to get in to TRU. Just before we were let in, we grabbed a cart from someone who had just come out. One friend took the cart and immediately got in line to check out while the rest of us shopped and brought things to the cart. Since we all knew what each other were looking for we could grab things for each other while we were trying to manuever through the store. We took turns standing in line with the cart and by the time we were all done we were at the front of the checkout line. Worked like a charm! Unfortunately, I could not get any of them to go to any of the other stores with me...

I like the idea of taking some reuseable bags for the stores where I am just looking for little items. I will definitely do that!

My target last year told me I could NOT use mesh bags. They said it was shoplifting. Just an FYI..

Wow that is very interesting! I think I still might try it. Our Target is in a smaller town and they only see me in there once (or twice:yup:) a week.

I LOVE that!!!!!! Where did you find the shirts?!

Also try cafe press, I went through them a few years ago for shirts, also have used them to make custom shirts for our dad since he is hard to buy for. He loves the shirts and always wears them!

My target last year told me I could NOT use mesh bags. They said it was shoplifting. Just an FYI..

It's only shoplifting if you try and leave the store with unpaid merchandise, however I can see them asking ppl to not use them to head off anyone who might be thinking they can get away with walking out w/o paying.