BF Advice from a WM Employee --- Please Read

UtahHotDeals

The only thing that is for certain is that ALL Wal-Mart stores handle it different. It's best to ask the manager of the store you will be at about how things will be handled.

You are right about that. Our WM never wraps the pallets anymore. They bring them out and let us put them in our carts, we just can't pay until the sale actually starts. This has been great at our store and has cut down on the confusion since we can just get stuff as we come in the door instead of rushing and grabbing when the store is full.

I spoke with my local store and was told they are not doing wristbands. There will be Q lines set up around the store for the 5 am items. Large items like tv's will have a ticket, but that's about all they knew for sure. They don't know where items will be located, but are trying to keep everything away from electronics because it is such a small area. Hope they have it figured out before 5. They are always still bringing out pallets about 5 minutes til 5...ugh! Makes it hard to plan your route around the store when they don't even have the items out yet. Last year there were items that never were out! Hopefully since they are starting many items @ midnight I won't have that problem.

I live in one of those weird states with quirky laws about not opening on Thanksgiving and stuff like that. I live in Massachusetts, so hopefully they will follow thru with the midnight opening./QUOTE]

I'm in Western MA and was told today that our Walmart will NOT be opening at midnight but at 5am.

I spoke with my local store and was told they are not doing wristbands. There will be Q lines set up around the store for the 5 am items. Large items like tv's will have a ticket, but that's about all they knew for sure. They don't know where items will be located....

I just called my 24 hour store. The manager told me the same thing about the Q lines. This is the second year they are doing the Q lines.They've had other doorbuster Q lines like this through out the year and this has worked well for them. AND you are allowed to leave the line(have someone hold your place) and return. Don't know if that would be a good idea though. They will not hand out any tickets/wristbands. As far as placement of items he told me to check walmart.com Thanksgiving Day for the maps. I'll probably check earlier though.

BUT when I called the Reg. Walmart she said they will hand out some type of ticket for the 5am items. So like others said, call your local store.

I went in and spoke with a manager at out local store. She said as others have been posting, they will have Q lines set up around the store for different items. She also said they will not be doing wristbands. However they will be handing out tickets for the larger items( tv's and such). Once you get your ticket, you will take it to the automotive center and pay for and have them load it for you there. I was also told that as far as the smaller electronics that do not require a ticket, you will need to stand in line. They will have two employees at each Q line one in front and one in back so they can count the people and match that number up with how many of the certain item thay have. She said that way if they have 40 of a certain item, then anyone over the 40th person wont have to stand in line for ever and just be told that they had ran out once they get to the front of the line. She did also say it is 1 item per person per line.

As far as the midnite sale goes, she said that those items would stay covered untill midnite then once it is 12:01 it will be a grab and get situtation....

I live in one of those weird states with quirky laws about not opening on Thanksgiving and stuff like that. I live in Massachusetts, so hopefully they will follow thru with the midnight opening./QUOTE]

I'm in Western MA and was told today that our Walmart will NOT be opening at midnight but at 5am.

Ya I figured as much..I live in Ludlow, right next to the Chicopee Super Wal-Mart. Gotta love Mass!!! Least makes it easier to go there at 5 and can get both sales at same time :cheesy:

I tried asking at customer service and electronics and they were all clueless about bf. They didn't know the sale starts at midnight and one said they wouldn't even be open until 5 and it's a 24hr. store. I was beside myself about the lack of knowledge. Anyone else running into this? How can they not even know by now that the sale starts at midnight? :mad: I may go to the next town and forget this walmart.

I can beleive that. Because when I went in walmart today the lady at customer service said they couldnt tell me any thing about the BF sale, because she hasn't even seen the ad yet. Once i told her I had already seen it and I needed to speak with a manager she had this crazy look like HOW?!?!?

Your best bet would be to ask for a manager.

I tried asking at customer service and electronics and they were all clueless about bf. They didn't know the sale starts at midnight and one said they wouldn't even be open until 5 and it's a 24hr. store. I was beside myself about the lack of knowledge. Anyone else running into this? How can they not even know by now that the sale starts at midnight? :mad: I may go to the next town and forget this walmart.

I spoke to the Manager of my store. They are a 24 hour store and the things on sale at 12:00 cant be bought until 12. The Door Buster items that go on sale at 5am will have a queue they will be giving out tickets at 5 to the people in line.

Who can line up anytime they would like and stand there. I am planning on getting there at 3 to get in line for the computer. If I get one Fantastic, if they've already been lined up since 12, oh well. Oh, and they will be coming out with a map by this weekend of the "big ticket" items that will have lines.

Ok everyone...I just asked the management. If you read the ad all the items available at 5am are mostly electronics, if not all electronics. The only exception in electronics that is being released at midnight are the video games, music, and DVDs. Everything else AS STATED in the ad, will be released at midnight...They were scrambling at my store with the new announcement. I was told, EVERYTHING will be set at midnight, although there will be Q lines for the 5am items. The only issue I see is most of your overnight staff is not trained to cashier and those are the ones who will be cashiering on the midnight sale, so watch for a headache there. My gut feeling after talking with most of the management is expect a headache like a few years back before they did the line Q's. I expect a madhouse at midnight. People are already planning on lining up at 6pm on Thanksgiving.

But bottom line,

You can buy all midnight items at midnight.

Line up in Q lines for wristbands or tickets for 5am items. Once all tickets are handed out then it sounds like you're free to wander wherever or even leave and come back at 5am.

My gut feeling after talking with most of the management is expect a headache like a few years back before they did the line Q's. I expect a madhouse at midnight. People are already planning on lining up at 6pm on Thanksgiving.

Yep, WM has practically gone full circle and now we're back to the madhouse again. Last year was good. This year is going to stink. Long lines waiting outside and a mad dash and scramble when doors open. Phooey!

I just want a bike, some girls jeans, and some $1.96 movies. LOTR to be exact. But it may not be worth it. I might just skip it all together and wait at Target instead.

once again please contact ur local store and ask management..our qlines once formed will stay in tact..no gettin a ticket and wandering around i printed up the passes last night to hand out if you need to leave the line for a bathroom break...the whole point of the line is to have order...good luck and stay safe

Thats the way it will be here also, ... no getting out of line...

once again please contact ur local store and ask management..our qlines once formed will stay in tact..no gettin a ticket and wandering around i printed up the passes last night to hand out if you need to leave the line for a bathroom break...the whole point of the line is to have order...good luck and stay safe

I have seen rumors floating around about a 50" 87.99 tv from walmart in the first hour? any truth to this?

if this is true oh my god it is going to be a mob !! even if it is a older model tv I know for myself I would be interested for our movie room where the kids have toys and game systems set up. I think that there will be a stampede with the sales starting at midnight and 5 am let alone other specials like the one you are hearing....guess we will see !!

I tried calling my wal-mart and the manager would not even get on the phone to speak with me. The person that I talked to started rambling on about comping stuff and saying that they would comp it but it had to be within the hours listed in the ad and that I'd need to bring my own ad, but I never said a word about comping anything. I asked her about 1 item limits and she said that if it states it's a 1 item limit then you can only get 1 (well DUH!), so I asked if she knew if there was such a limit and she said that nobody in the store knew anything about the sale and they hadn't even seen the ad yet. I just said thank you and hung up.