Apple [Refurbished] 8GB iPod touch

Product Highlights

- 2nd Generation

- Integrated Speaker

- Nike+iPod

- Long Battery Life

- Wi-Fi

$149.95

$3.60 Shipping They have a lot of shipping options that are very reasonable.

Pretty good deals on this site :yup:

I have never purchased anything refurbished. To be honest, I would feel guilty giving my son a refurbished Ipod. Please don't attack me for feeling this way lol Someone convince me that this is a good deal lol. The price is great, just can't grasp the whole refurbished thing. :o

LOL!! I can relate, I used to feel the same way. Two years ago I took the plunge and now 99% of the electronics I buy are refurbished. They look brand new when they arrive. I've bought refurbed mp3 players, 'puters (1 laptop & 1 netbook), tv and have never had a problem. I always figured if it looked like something the dog coughed up when it arrived, I'd send it back asap.

We purchased three of the refurbished ones from the Apple online store. These are for our younger kids 6-7-8 and will be fine for them. They carry the same warranty as a new one from Apple and the kids could care less.

On a side note, in my business I have purchased many a refurbished cell phone from Verizon and you would be hard pressed to know these are refurbished. They come with all the accessories and are in new condition. I would recommend this route for anyone who is looking to replace a damaged phone or needs a new before their contract is up.

The TV came in a plain box, the others came in the original packaging with a tested or refurb sticker on it. Very small and easy to take off. If it comes in a plain box, toss it and put it in a stocking...lol!! :D Or.... get some of that double sided tape or strong glue and wrap the box with it so they "become one" :P

LOL!! Me too! I bought an ipod for my son last xmas and will one day buy one for me :D My daughter just turned 12 and has had sanza's, yes, plural. She is soooo rough on them which is why I buy refurbished for her.....LOL!!

I'm starting her off on this;

LINK

If it survives 6 months, she'll get a better model

Edited by simplydivine
adding a link

Just ordered 3 for Christmas gifts, I have spent about 10 hours searching ad's and calling places as this one the one big ticket all 3 kids asked for. I have ordered Kodak refurbished before but never even thought of that this time. Thanks so much to the original poster.

What's in the Box:

iPod touch

Earphones

USB 2.0 Cable

Dock Adapter

Polishing Cloth

Quick Start Guide

90-Day B&H Warranty

So does it not come with a regular power charging cord? Do you charge it through your computer? What is the Dock Adapter? Do I need to buy a Dock?

What's in the Box:

iPod touch

Earphones

USB 2.0 Cable

Dock Adapter

Polishing Cloth

Quick Start Guide

90-Day B&H Warranty

So does it not come with a regular power charging cord? Do you charge it through your computer? What is the Dock Adapter? Do I need to buy a Dock?

No ipods come with a power cord, you can buy separately. The USB cable is what you use to charge ipod and dowload songs until you get a separate docking station or power cord for home outlets, trust me they have tons of accessories for ipods. I would buy a separate dock like one that has a speaker if you don't want to keep hooking it up to your computer. As far as the dock adapter, I'm pretty sure I threw that away accidentally not knowing what it was. Apple ipods don't exactly come with real manuals. Your kind of on your own trying to figure out its capabilities.

Comparing the specs of the two, they appear to be the same.

There is not much difference between a 2nd and 3rd Gen 8GB iPod Touch. You would see a difference in the 32GB and 64GB 3rd Generations...they have a higher speed chip and a few other features.

I was planning on buying one for DD8 for Christmas from Apple, but being OOS worries me. I bought the same one for my DD11 for her birthday this year and she loves it. No problems with refurbs.

Guess I better jump on this one.