Target Price Adjustment

areno79

All of this talk has my head spinning, and I just want to make sure there is clarification. From everything I'm seeing Target will Price Adjust (meaning they will adjust the price of the item if it is the exact item, purchased within the two previous weeks, now on sale for less); but they will not price match doorbusters (meaning they will not match WalMarts ad for the timed deals, ie doorbusters). Is this a correct summarization?

I find it interesting that they are unwilling to price match the doorbusters. I know they could lose money, but if you go to a completely different store for the item you had planned on price matching then they lost any purchases you may have made while you were there. smh Edited by Kibit13
add

This wk assains creed comes out and at toys r us when u buy it u also get a 20 gc and its the same at best buy .Does anyone know if target would match that?

they will price match the product price but not give you gift card. It works the same as store exclusive things(dvd exclusives/extra gifts). If BB offers an additional $10 off with another(game/dvd) purchase target/walmart will not honor that either.

So when can I go and purchase items at Target and get the price adjustment? It says same week and the week following? So does the Week mean Sunday to Sunday? Could I go and purchase the item today and it be availible for the price adjustment?

Thanks

So when can I go and purchase items at Target and get the price adjustment? It says same week and the week following? So does the Week mean Sunday to Sunday? Could I go and purchase the item today and it be availible for the price adjustment?

Thanks

I would make sure that I asked at my Target before I assumed that they are going to do a price adjustment, some people have done them with no problems and some stores won't do them on bf, so I'd ask first.

Target does not price match. I have bought before hand and went back in during the sale hours and received the price adjustment. I think they are trying to cut down on this though so you might want to call ahead as others have suggested. Have the printed corporate policy w/you as well. I don't think they will adjust Early Bird prices, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

target does not price match doorbusters on black friday, they do price match regular sale items though the rest of the time

Went to Target today and they have the TV's in the back and they rang up for 549, they siad they won't price match large doorbusters. Guess I will just camp out online and try to get some of them. I saw a PSP bundle and they said it will ring up tomorrow for 169, I am going to go for it. They said they didn't know about the PSP bundle, so I thought it was worth a shot. If they won't do it I will just return it and then buy it right back. Was fun going in and getting the TV and getting to have them tell me the whole story. They gave me props for trying!:)

Went to Target today and they have the TV's in the back and they rang up for 549, they siad they won't price match large doorbusters. Guess I will just camp out online and try to get some of them. I saw a PSP bundle and they said it will ring up tomorrow for 169, I am going to go for it. They said they didn't know about the PSP bundle, so I thought it was worth a shot. If they won't do it I will just return it and then buy it right back. Was fun going in and getting the TV and getting to have them tell me the whole story. They gave me props for trying!:)

If you return it, they won't let you re-buy that one right back...you either have to hope there is another one in the store, or hope you get to it first when they put it back on the shelf...

I just got this reply from Target today:

It sounds like you have some questions about our price adjustment policy for the Black Friday items.

We're able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week following your Target purchase. Adjustments can be made with your original receipt. As a reminder, this service isn't available on clearance merchandise.

So, for the items on the 4 day sale starting this Sunday I should have no problem with a price adjustment correct? I just went over and bought the Vizio 37" TV and I'd love to open it but I'm paranoid they aren't going to give me the price adjustment. I just need to bring the receipt in on Sunday right? Not the TV right? I've never done a price adjustment before but our living room TV died on Monday and we are all going through withdrawl.

So, for the items on the 4 day sale starting this Sunday I should have no problem with a price adjustment correct? I just went over and bought the Vizio 37" TV and I'd love to open it but I'm paranoid they aren't going to give me the price adjustment. I just need to bring the receipt in on Sunday right? Not the TV right? I've never done a price adjustment before but our living room TV died on Monday and we are all going through withdrawl.

According to what they sent me, I'd say go ahead and open it. However, you could write customer service and get a confirmation if you want to play it safe . . .

I called 3 Target stores in the Denver area and none of them are doing price adjustments on online items. They also don't do any price matching.

Target never adjust something that was purchased on target.com; they're 2 difft entities. And I do believe they have an exclusion in their price match policy that states they won't price match doorbusters, timed events...

Has any one ever bought some thing the days before BF and gotten an adjustment on BF? I want 4 of one item. I was at my store yesteerday and they only had 6 in stock. I am not sure if I want to wait and see if they are getting more or buy them and get a price adjustment.

I called the main customer serivce line and gave an example of the managers chair that I just got..

the man said "I cannot tell you what will be on sale, but if it goes on sale for a lower price, we will price adjust" and I said "even black friday prices?!" and he said "yes, even black friday prices". I would put in a call to the local Target and ask as well!

Sounds like some people are getting confused because of the 2 different term.

Price Matching & Price Adjustment are 2 different things.

Price Match deals with Target beating another stores price, they wont try to beat another stores door buster prices

Price Adjustment deals with adjusting the price you paid shortly before, to match their own current sale price.

I called corporate customer service and the man I spoke with said that they will price adjust to their black friday prices, he couldnt say if what I got was going on sale on BF, but they'd adjust it.

Target will NOT price match doorbuster, special timed priced items, however PRICE ADJUSTMENTS on their own merchandise that has dropped in price will be allowed according to corporate.

I posted the following in another thread, but I think it serves posting here as well:

I wrote to corporate over the weekend via the website and specifically asked about price adjustments to the annual 2 Day Sale prices. They returned with a quote of their price adjustment policy that is posted online and in the store. I had to go to my local Target today to "pre-buy" the LOTR blu-ray set that's mispriced that I hear they are now going to honor and I checked the front of the store where the price adjustment policy is. There is nothing posted saying that the 2 Day Sale is excluded and I will have my printed email from corporate which contains a "thread id" which I'm assuming they can use to see the exchange between me and corporate offices. I anticipate no problems, but will come with the print-out and plan to stand my ground. I did NOT have problem getting over a $300 adjustment last year on merchandise.

My sister went to Target on Sunday to try and get the PSP bundle. The guy took it out of the case and went to ring it up, and got an error message that said "Item cannot be solde until 11/26" Anyone else get this?

I know sales are now over, but to reply --YES it has happened to me before, and I got in a BIG DISCUSSION, but it was at Walmart, I went round and round and I was not allowed to buy an item, they said it should have not been on the floor but would not give me one other bit of info... I was sooo mad