** Target Black Friday Ad Posted **

Brad

A bit off topic but in the last few days I've gone to the Target twice and in those two trips I saw four different new employees. All four of them had the "new team member" badges and the only thing that crossed my mind was "remember their faces and avoid them like the plague on Friday..." I know it sounds bad but there is nothing worse than a cashier with a "deer in the headlights" expression. I understand retailers hire seasonal workers but on BF I need to be in and out!

Agreed, but as far as I recall, this is the first year in a long time Target is doing doorbusters, yes? I seem to recall their previous ads have all been 3-day sales.

I may be wrong though as I haven't been to Target for Black Friday before.

They were 2 day sales but quite frankly that didn't mean much to most people; the best shot @ getting the deal was being there first. Yes they restocked some things but why take the chance. These deals are not unlike any sales they have held on previous Black Fridays so that is why I am not expecting much to change @ my local stores...

A bit off topic but in the last few days I've gone to the Target twice and in those two trips I saw four different new employees.

The girl at customer service today was new at least to that post. I know its harsh but with such big shopping days ahead you really hope you won't run into them. There's nothing like needing a price adjustment and having to cause a stand-still due to new person. I hate being THAT person who causes stand-still.

Our Target has removed all of the TV's in the BF ad and is holding them in the back until the sale. They went off the floor as soon as the ad hit the internet.

My Target has removed all seasons of the Simpsons, I missed the Amazon deal today online and was trying to go get them at Target and then PM on BF but there was not even a shelf tag for them? I don't get that? when are they gonna ad them? 2 a.m. Thurs? and I don't know where they'll put them that department is soooo full...

My Target has removed all seasons of the Simpsons, I missed the Amazon deal today online and was trying to go get them at Target and then PM on BF but there was not even a shelf tag for them? I don't get that? when are they gonna ad them? 2 a.m. Thurs? and I don't know where they'll put them that department is soooo full...

The last few years at our Target they have spread DVDs and TVs on two or three cardboard stands in the juniors/women clothing section and they also had some in the TV series section. Also had some on the front of the rows were they have the new releases for DVDs and CDs.

Now that I think of it they might even take away some of their lesser known titles for more space but I'm not exactly sure...

A bit off topic but in the last few days I've gone to the Target twice and in those two trips I saw four different new employees. All four of them had the "new team member" badges and the only thing that crossed my mind was "remember their faces and avoid them like the plague on Friday..." I know it sounds bad but there is nothing worse than a cashier with a "deer in the headlights" expression. I understand retailers hire seasonal workers but on BF I need to be in and out!

:yup:

I went to Target last night and saw a group of about 20 with matching clothes, it looked like they were giving them the company tour because they walked through electronics and then to the back where they keep the merchandise. They all looked :confused:

I was just at Target in Cary, North Carolina (there's only one in Cary). I asked at Customer Service if that store would do price adjustments for items purchased today but that go on sale on Friday. The first lady (pretty new to customer service I think) was emphatic that they did - in fact she said that I had 2 weeks. Then another lady who obviously had worked there a long time interrupted us and said that they weren't honoring the price adjustment policy because they are considered "barn busters" (I had to laugh a little at that term). But long story short, if you buy something today and want to price adjust it on friday (or saturday for that matter), you have to return it and hope that there is stock on the floor to repurchase. They wouldn't let you just return and rebuy. :(

I didn't read back all 10 pages but I wanted to point out that Gottadeal has the Dyson price wrong. It says $269 but when I go to target.com and look at the BF ad it says it will be $369.

I got so excited when I seen the $269. Thought Santa may finally be able to afford that for me! :(

I didn't read back all 10 pages but I wanted to point out that Gottadeal has the Dyson price wrong. It says $269 but when I go to target.com and look at the BF ad it says it will be $369.

I got so excited when I seen the $269. Thought Santa may finally be able to afford that for me! :(

I have the printed ad in my hand and it says the Dyson DC17 All Floors will be $269 was $449 (doorbuster). The Dyson Animal DC25 is $399 BF.

The Dyson DC24 All Floors is $299 BF. It says all other Dyson vacuums on sale.