Buying Gift Cards

amez74

What are some good deals on gift cards?--we buy about fifteen $20-25 gift cards each year and it's tough to find a deal on them. I know certain places will give you more gift cards if you buy a set amount. For example the other day some one told me Applebees will give you $20 if you by $100. I would love it if folks would post their gift card finds - it would be a big help to us. In my husband's position he likes to give gifts to the people who work under him, without being to personal (mostly women he works with) and not having to worry about what people are allergic to--so gift cards are just the safest bet and a nice way to show his appreciation for the work they've done all year long.

So let me know your deals! Thanks so much!

I've started seeing the email come through about the bonus gift cards.

So far I remember seeing gift card bonuses from DSW Shoes (buy $50 get $10) & Outback (buy $100 get $20).

Are you signed up for deal alerts from these places? Outback may be a good gift for BFF and family but I don't like giving gift cards.

our grocery store has a gas promotion... spend 25$ get .10/gallon off gas.... it is good on GC for places like Best Buy, Itunes, and toys R us. .... so gift cards and discounted (or free, depending on how many you buy) gas!

Sometimes you can get good deals using Discover Card cashback credit online at some places. I have also seen some cautions going around about buying GC in stores off of racks. People are stealing the numbers and waiting for someone to really buy them and load them with money. Then they can use them online and basically steal the GC you just bought. You safest to by cards that a cashier has to hand to you.