Walmart store hours

pretweety7

Ok not to start a panic, but a friend of mine works at a Walmart and said that he heard that Walmart is opening at MIDNIGHT!!! He spoke with one of the managers there and thats what they told him. I will not see him until later this week to find out for definitely.:eyepoppin Hopefully, I am wrong and he doesn't know what he is talking about but we will see...........................:gdparanoid:

Do you mean on Black Friday? I know in our area the stores that aren't normally 24 hour stores DO open for 24 hours through the Christmas season. That way people don't have to wait outside in the cold. However, they don't let people put items in their carts till the sale starts, which I believe has been 5 am the past few years.

My local Wal*Mart is not 24 hours, however last year, they opened it 24 hours (due to the death of the worker). I really hope they do it the same way this year. I was surprised at how well it worked out. I was able to grab what I wanted (just had to wait until 5 to check out). I was the 2nd person in my line & was check out in 20 mins. I honestly think with everyone opening an hour earlier, Wal*Mart will start their sales @ 4 (at least that's what I'm hoping) lol

Listen walmart is starting there sale at 5 am and this year they are doing it different this year they are passing out wrisitbands for hot items only and you have to be lined up at 12 midnight for the item you want and they are going to pass them out at 2 am then you can get out of line and go shopping and then you have to be back 5 am if you are not back by 6 they will sell your item and you can only get one hot item you can buy more of the item your in line for but thats it so happy shopping everyone

Listen walmart is starting there sale at 5 am and this year they are doing it different this year they are passing out wrisitbands for hot items only and you have to be lined up at 12 midnight for the item you want and they are going to pass them out at 2 am then you can get out of line and go shopping and then you have to be back 5 am if you are not back by 6 they will sell your item and you can only get one hot item you can buy more of the item your in line for but thats it so happy shopping everyone

That would be great. I would love that. Last year I had to wait in line and dh did all the other shopping. I wish I could have shopped around for my other stuff. Dh got to have all the fun.

Ok, I hope I don't come across rude or snotty...

I work for Walmart. It really bothers me how some associates get on this and give inaccurate information to potential customers. It also bothers me that this information is often portrayed as fact. Over the past few years, Walmart has made an extensive effort to clean up its "Black Friday" image. Extensive educational material is often available to associates on what our plan for Black Friday is. However, I have often found that many managers simply DO NOT pass this info on to associates, which in turn give bad information to our customers.

With that said, here is what is happening this year...

Walmart has faced increasingly stiff competition from other retailers over the past few years. Walmart is trying to go on the offensive this year. Walmart will still hold its annual Black Friday sale starting at 5am as it always does with doorbusters and hot deals. That will not change, nor will it ever. This year, however, Walmart is going to try and lure in more customers by offering a sale that will start at 12:01am on Black Friday. This is in response to competitors over the past few years trying to go earlier and earlier on their sales (malls opening at midnight, JCP and others opening at 4am, etc).

Now, with all of that said, some of Danigirl55's post was a bit accurate, though not completely. I just think she was confusing the main 5am sale, with other information we have received. Walmart, in order to prevent any fatalities from occuring as did a few years back, is doing what it did last year. 24-hour stores will of course be open. (I will admit there still is confusion on the non-24 hour stores, so I'm not going to give any info on those stores). Walmart will have its Black Friday doorbusters spaced with line-up points around the store (marked with large helium balloons). These lines will be for the hot, limited quantity doorbusters like the TVs, laptops, etc.

Last year there was a ton of confusion at the store-level as to how the lines would operate. Some stores let you line up as early as you could get there at the numbered balloons and once you got a wrist-band you could wander around until you were ready to pay, the wrist-band guaranteed you would get an item (the wristband quantity matched the store inventory). Then, some managers made customers stay in line at one item until 5am and many missed out on other items. As much as it was cleaned up and better organized from previous years it often ended up a day-of decision by store managers.

Wow, I didn't really mean to type that much!

Bottom line...

TWO SALES THIS YEAR ON BF. One, starts at 12:01am and one starts at 5am (traditional BF sale).

I hope that helps.

At my wal mart which is not a 24 hour store opened at midnight. For the big ticket items we lined up at about 2 a.m. and they gave out tickets and we had to stay I'm line until 5. If u had to make a bathroom break u had to sign out and give our ticket to a wal mart worker and if you wasn't back in 15 min you didn't get your ticket back so the armband thing would be great. Then I could shop for other items rather than stand in line.

:yup::yup:While being first in line this morning my sister and I got all the scoop from the electronics manager at our local WalMart and she said the same thing. The only thing different is she said they will have certain things available for purchase at Midnight.

At my wal mart which is not a 24 hour store opened at midnight. For the big ticket items we lined up at about 2 a.m. and they gave out tickets and we had to stay I'm line until 5. If u had to make a bathroom break u had to sign out and give our ticket to a wal mart worker and if you wasn't back in 15 min you didn't get your ticket back so the armband thing would be great. Then I could shop for other items rather than stand in line.

That is the same thing they did at my walmart. We weren't even allowed to switch people so the other could go walk around

All I know is that at my Walmart they have a sign on the door indicating their hours on the Wed before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving (closed) and then on Friday it says they are open at 5:00. Since they had the same signs on the door last year and let us in at 4:00, I'm thinking history will repeat itself. In at 4:00, check out at 5:00. I also found it interesting when I was there on Friday that the toys that are listed in the toy catalog as going on sale starting Nov. 7 were already at the sale prices. I know some of them have been that price for a while (i.e., Barbie Swim Puppies) but I've been watching Baby All Gone (the one that eats and then does its business in the diaper---the one going for $29.97--) and I saw that it was going on sale for $24. On Friday I checked it out for kicks and was surprised (and ecstatic!) that it was already marked at that price! So of course I picked it up (there were only two there!)...

Ugh! Walmart and TRU both offering different items at different times?!? As if it wasn't comlicated enough trying to make a BF plan! I can see it now - next year each store will offer a small group of select items on sale for just one hour, with a different selection for each hour between 10pm and 10am. It'll kinda be like an Amazon lightning deal, only instead of data racing over a wire you will have to physically race all over town! If that's the way things are going it'll be time to trade in my car keys for a mouse and doing what shopping I can online. Or maybe that is the point. Maybe they are trying to lessen the crowds by letting many people get the movies, jackets, and PJs they need online (assuming they will be available online) before lining up to get the doorbusters at 5am.

This is great! Sales at Midnight. WM new plan last year threw so many people off, I watched a ton of people coming through at 4-5am trying to scramble to get what was leftover from all of us that started loading our carts at midnight and then just sat around for 5 hours. By changing up the times they'll cause confusion and throw people off again. I stay in the loop and I am golden.

I hope next year they have a 10pm and 2am sale! Keep changing it up WM!