Walmart Ad - Being Printed In Our Area / CNN Story

yellowlilax

A few years ago when I started to shop on BF I liked their ads. But last couple years its the same old sh*t in a different color.

I didnt think what they had was crap. I thought last couple years have been not too bad compared to years before. Last year I got the printer(should have gotten 2) sewing machine, dvds, one of the vacuums & a bunch of other stuff. Was really happy last year with getting the extra 10% off. :)

I didnt think what they had was crap. I thought last couple years have been not too bad compared to years before. Last year I got the printer(should have gotten 2) sewing machine, dvds, one of the vacuums & a bunch of other stuff. Was really happy last year with getting the extra 10% off. :)

Was it the colored vaccums? I got the pink one. The "hose" doesn't suck up anything, ya get what you pay for and a $25 vaccum is just that. And my $4 food chopper is crap.

Their ads suck and need to be better. Not everyone wants to buy the same crap every year.

Last year they had 2 different kinds of the vacuums. I got the more expensive one as a gift for mom, I think it was 35.00 & she's had great success with it. Year before that they had one that was 25.00 or 28.00, I got the light pink one & have had no probs with that one either.

Yes some things are the same every year, but doesn't everyone do that! Now last year they had the best price for a cheap 15" laptop $200.00. I bought it for my 8 year old and been happy ever since. Most people were selling the 10" for what I payed for this laptop. They had 23 of them in stock. I've been to BB, Circuit City and other stores thru the years, and items like that they would only have 3 to 10 in stock for Black Friday. Not all deals are great. Who would have thought! You look thru the adds from every store to find the best deal for you. If you don't like Walmart then stand in line at BB on Thursday. It starts around noon and has about 100 by 6pm here.

I went to Walmart at 9pm and guess what. First in line. I used to work for Walmart in there electronics dept for two years and yes every time I step in the store I'm very critical of everything. Just remember when you pay $25.00 dollars for example a vacuum and it doesn't work as good as say a Dyson. Stop compaining. You knew it never would. You bought it because it was a good price.

I love the electric blankets I bought last year and wish I would have bought a few more. I hope they have more this year. If that's like selling the same crap every year, then I hope they have more of the same.

The $200 laptop would be nice to get this year. Another one I hope they do again. Although I don't know if I can handle staying in line for 8+ hours. I'm a wimpy line camper. Last year I did three at TRU and then walked around WM for a few hours before I stood in line again for another couple hours, and that was HARD! I was so tired and bored.

You know what I'm so sick and tired of Walmart and their secret ads. The crazy thing is when they come out there is nothing exciting about it. If there is something worth your while, you won't get it unless you wait at the store 2 days ahead of time because they only have 2 in stock. So if I may, let me write a short letter to WM to voice my concerns:

Dear Walmart,

I have seen the ads for Target and Toys R Us and have already planned accordingly. People need to know about sales ahead of time, so that they can plan financially. If you keep holding out on your ads and making everything a secret you are going to miss out. On Sunday, my day will go as follows:

1. Pass local Walmart, pass Target, to get to Toys R Us for their gift cards with purchase offers that I saw in their leaked ads.

2. Head home, go to Target I passed up and pick up their great sales offers that are already in their regular sunday ads (in my opinion Target can beat most prices when their items are on sale, keyword: on sale)

3. Stop by Walmart after I've spent all of my money to pick up deodorant (with coupon) for my husband.

Oh and another thing please, stop making your rollbacks 3 cents less than the previous price, it's annoying. Thank you.

:rotflol:

I work for Walmart and I about peed my pants when I saw amood06's letter to Walmart. I always laugh at the Rollbacks with other associates. There was one on a mountain bike this year...Was: $88, Now: $87...I try and take pictures of all the dumb Rollbacks with my phone. I think it's almost insulting to even show those to customers. I think they got a little smarter over the past few weeks, I've seen them offering $20,40,80, and even 250 gift cards with purchases of some items. But, the rollbacks are a joke most of the time.

As far as the BF ad, I thought I saw it in the store last year about this time...I guess it depends on the printing company they use.

I hope they have more this year. If that's like selling the same crap every year, then I hope they have more of the same.

I am hoping they do the DS for $98 again or cheaper! I am also hoping they do the card tables again this year, last year the store we were out didn't even have any in stock. There were several of us going all over the store trying to locate them. The associates had NO clue where they would be except in their normal spot which was empty.

Sounds true. A few years ago our walmart didnt put out the blue ray movies that were on sale because they forgot them, till people where yelling about not having them. They just remodeled our local one you cannt find anything you want there now. I use to like going now I cannt stand it.

I know what ya mean, I hated going to my store during the remodel & for awhile after. It takes some time but ya get use to where things are.

I work for Walmart and I about peed my pants when I saw amood06's letter to Walmart. I always laugh at the Rollbacks with other associates. There was one on a mountain bike this year...Was: $88, Now: $87...I try and take pictures of all the dumb Rollbacks with my phone. I think it's almost insulting to even show those to customers. I think they got a little smarter over the past few weeks, I've seen them offering $20,40,80, and even 250 gift cards with purchases of some items. But, the rollbacks are a joke most of the time.

As far as the BF ad, I thought I saw it in the store last year about this time...I guess it depends on the printing company they use.

I notice the rollbacks when they are about to raise prices... they put the new price as the original price and the rollback price as the price you were already paying.

My wife just got a job with walmart not too long ago. She came home today and told me she has some intel, but I have to clean the house to get it.

Somebody else please leak something!!!!! I have a really big house.

Nate Dogg, you gotta take one for the team. Do like my kids do and hide things under the beds and in the closets. "Out of sight, out of mind."

My wife just got a job with walmart not too long ago. She came home today and told me she has some intel, but I have to clean the house to get it.

Somebody else please leak something!!!!! I have a really big house.

I'm on my way to help you! I've got my cleaning bucket and all (with those nearly free Scrubbing Bubbles thanks to coupons!). We'll knock your house clean in no time! Then come here and spill the beans!

Sorry guys, turned out to be a bust. She just knows when the stuff is comming in, not what it is. I made my kids work so hard to clean the house, too:rolleyes:. Let you know when I get something more valuable.

Darn! That's okay though. Glad you all got the house clean!

If you think rollbacks are bad, what do you think the overall opinion of the clientele is by corporate execs? To help give you an idea, there is a little website that will make it all come into focus::::::http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Y'know whats funny, regardless if Walmart posted their AD 4 months early or 2 days, everyone who waits for it on-line is 99% going to see it, and compare prices to every other store they can acquire the same/similar item. If its cheaper somewhere else, they aren't getting it at Walmart!

Does Walmart really think if they wait until 3 days before Thanksgiving, that more people will blindly shop in there? :P

The only thing I can think of for them doing this is, to prevent their competition from altering sale prices in their corporate system (which I assume can be done, given enough time before the sale) so they don't get undercut on big ticket and/or the "hot buy" for that year.

Just got back from the local Walmart. Was back in lawn and garden looking at Christmas stuff and in the greenhouse area, they had paper over the doors so that you could not see in with a sign up that said associates only. Normally only one or 2 people working back there but there was about 7 today standing around. Heard one of them saying to another to make sure they guarded the doors. They were acting very strange. One went behind the doors and the doors did not close all the way so I tried to get hubby to run over and take a peek but he wouldn't. Seems like if they already had blitz stuff, that workers would be letting things spill.

Just got back from the local Walmart. Was back in lawn and garden looking at Christmas stuff and in the greenhouse area, they had paper over the doors so that you could not see in with a sign up that said associates only. Normally only one or 2 people working back there but there was about 7 today standing around. Heard one of them saying to another to make sure they guarded the doors. They were acting very strange. One went behind the doors and the doors did not close all the way so I tried to get hubby to run over and take a peek but he wouldn't. Seems like if they already had blitz stuff, that workers would be letting things spill.

LOL, you tried to get hubby to go and peek instead of you doing it. That so sounds like me!! I'm such a chicken, but have no problem volunteering others to do the dirty work :idea::gdbees:

Can anyone say "Eve"

Welcome to the community!

We can not post the ad until Nov 21 and this will give you alot of time to please. WM sent us a strict letter stating this.

For anyone who posts links to the ad or lists may risk getting banned from the forums.

There has to be a list or something , somewhere , out there ?

Anyone ? PM PLZ I need to make plans, and with 5 kids, I need to save money.