Kohl's Black Friday vs. 30% off sale?

sweetdiggity

I've never shopped Kohl's on BF, mainly because I never really "needed" anything from there and I didn't have extra cash to blow. lol

I know they have awesome deals throughout the year with their 30% off codes but I've also read that their BF sales are not always as great because their prices are slightly raised during that time.

I know they have lots of decent BF deals though and I would like opinions from people that have shopped there for BF. Is is better, worse or about the same as the 30% off sales?

Also, do they offer their monthly discount codes (15%, 20% or 30% off) during BF?

Hoping to be a first time Kohl's BF shopper this year and need to know these things. ;)

Thanks in advance!

I like Khol's during BF. If you are a member you get a 15% off pass for then too that applies to all sales and clearance. The sales are usually 40-50, sometimes 60 % off nearly everything. The prices on the tags are the same so with some thing a 30% off would make it a better deal. But for their you can't beat their doorbusters, like appliances (finally got a glass Oster blender for $7.50).

i was really excited with thier ad last year until i went to the store about a week before BF and was able to pick up most of the stuff in the ad that i wanted at the same or better price.......with that in mind i would not waste precious bf time on them just pick up what you want before the sale.

For the last 3 years I have been able to go into Kohls later in the evening the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, about an hour or 2 before closing, and I can get everything except the doorbusters at BF price. Then I don't have to stand in those awfully long lines and waste precious time on BF. I had even ordered a pair of diamond earrings online a few weeks before the BF sale paper came out and and they ended up being on sale so I took in my receipt to the store during the sale and they did a price adjustment to give me the difference and even gave me kohls cash!!

I shopped online at Kohl's last year and their website sucked. Plain and simple it didn't work. They did allow cardholder earlier access, which was nice in theory, but when I tried to checkout it was wait, wait, wait,wait. On a positive note, I didn't have to set an alarm to hit other stores B&M Black Friday sale since I was already up and only had to change out of pjs to hit the stores. Hopefully, Kohl's will have improved their website and I won't have to wait hours to process an order.

I heard their website was terribly slow last year, too. Hopefully they learned from that and it will not be an issue this year. I know Walmart's site was awesome last year. Added everything to my cart, checked out and was done in a flash. They could teach Kohl's a thing or two. lol

And about Kohl's doorbusters, are most of them available online usually?

I've been on Wednesday night when they have "night owl" pricing. Got some great deals and added (at minimum) a 15% discount. Difference between that and most sale items on BF is Kohl's Cash, which is available that whole weekend. I closed down the store once and they were setting out for BF, with DoorBusters wrapped in plastic. They were also setting out signs on the clothing racks. I know they would have given me that price on the clothing had I asked, but didn't buy those items. DoorBusters weren't available that night, but I did "scope out" location so I was able to go right to where I wanted.

I usually pick up clothing for the angel tree kids on BF. Pricing allows me to do a lot for them. Then I go back and buy fillers with the Kohl's Cash.

I think some items are a HUGE deal on BF. But many you can get very close to those same prices during Night Owls and Early Birds with a 15%, 20%, or 30% coupon. Only difference might be absence of Kohl's Cash.

My Kohl's has been outstanding the past few years. The manager walks the line with bottled water and the shoppers are all friendly.

I try not to go to Kohl's on BF. I don't have a Kohl's card so I don't know how the cardholder discounts affect BF sales vs. other sales. I worked there on BF a few years ago and saw people waiting in 2-hour lines to buy things that were at the same price as every other sale that season. Yes you can earn Kohl's Cash, but they usually offer that several times leading up to the holidays.

I usually love Kohl's, and I enjoy being out on BF, but the vast majority of people I have met in line at the Kohl's stores on BF shop in pairs or groups- meaning as soon as the doors open one person stands in line while everone else shops, then they trade places. It's a great plan if you shop in a group, but very annoying if you are out solo. I have been very near the checkouts (3rd or 4th in line) and got stuck waiting for a much longer than I expected because customer after customer kept joining the people in line in front of me who had been holding their spot. One year there was a group of maybe 6 people just standing at the front of the line telling everyone to pass them because they were each waiting for their shopping buddies to finish. Within a few minutes of opening the line is halfway around the store, so there is no way for me to grab something and get out quickly, even if I know right where to go. I know that team shopping isn't unique to Kohl's, but for some reason that is the only store where it seems to get to me.

For me the lines aren't worth saving a bit more on clothes that are prices very similar throughout the season. If they carry it regularly it will probably be offered at a similar price another time. That If they had a doorbuster (something they don't normally carry) that I was looking for at a great price then I could be lured in, but not for the regular stuff.

Each of the past few years I have gotten some very good deals at Kohls (with the Kohls cash offers and now a Kohls card for discounts), and I have returned to Kohls later in the morning with my wife, who does not go out early and wait in lines.

Kohls has never been my first or second stop though, and I think it might be better not to go there first--let some of those initial lines diminish before you show up, most doorbusters should still be available through most of the morning. Still best if you can put one person in line while another shops, though.

I went the last 2 hours the store was open on Wed before Thanksgiving and they gave me the sale price on everything I bought. Might have even been door busters. The signs were out and I asked so I got it. If I had not have asked they would not have offered.

I refuse to shop anywhere on BF. Just not worth the lines, etc and with Kohls being so generous on Wed, why?:eyepoppin

i was really excited with thier ad last year until i went to the store about a week before BF and was able to pick up most of the stuff in the ad that i wanted at the same or better price.......with that in mind i would not waste precious bf time on them just pick up what you want before the sale.

I agree! Last year I rushed to get a couple of deals on BF, only to have the price go even lower a week later. The good thing about Kohl's though is that if you bring in your reciept they will honor the lower price if it was within 15 days of your original purchase that the price goes lower. So, I would be careful because I think Kohl's does raise their prices a bit for BF. You can get some really killer deals at Kohl's any time of the year though!

Their website was AWFUL last year! I ended up having to go to the store because I couldn't even get through to place an order and once I did two of the items I wanted were no long available online. Most, but not all of their doorbusters are available online. They do usually have free shipping if you spend $75,t oo.

Here's a great Kohl's trick. Shop for everything you want the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving (they won't have the door busters out so if your interested in them it won't work). Well anyway, put all of the stuff on hold, they'll hold it for 24 hours (and Thursday doesn't count because they are not open). So come BF as soon as the store opens I walk right to the back and go to customer service and get my stuff (they put it in clear bag so you don't even need to worry about getting a cart). And walk right up to the registers, there's NO line. I'm in and out of Kohl's 5 minutes tops - with my Kohl's cash!!

And yes according to the Kohl's manager, if you are in the store Wednesday night and they've already put out the sign for the black Friday sale, they will honor the price - but you'll have to tell them because the registers are not programed for the discounts yet.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm with you on that one. Their online shopping is horrible! Not worth the time or effort. Half my stuff from my order was cancelled as it was "out of stock", even though I had paid for it. Totally inexcusable in the year 2010. On the bright side, if they are out of something now, you can order it right from the store with free shipping. (apparently there is a special phone back by customer service you use, my mil told me about it).

Some of the insane deals I just got, with the current sale + extra 30% off (also got free shipping, and earned Kohl's Cash):

Fisher Price Go Baby Go Bat & Wobble Penguin

Retail: $17

Kohl's: $22.99

Sale: $12.64

I paid: $8.85

Fisher Price Magical Tea for Two Set

Retail: $15

Kohl's: $19.99

Sale: 10.99

I paid: $7.69

Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Piggy Bank

Retail: $19

Kohl's: $23.99

Sale: $13.19

I paid: $9.23

SONOMA life + style Super Soft Throw Blanket

Regular: $49.99

Sale: $24.99

I paid: $17.49

So, yes, Kohl's regular prices are higher, but if you hit the right sale things can be a steal! Got similar deals last year on BF (online) and had no issues whatsoever...my order even shipped quickly!

I got some pretty good deals at Kohl's, too! Used the 30% off, got free shipping and $20 Kohl's Cash. 7 Christmas presents bought!! WOO HOO! I'll probably buy the Color Wonder Sound Studio with my Kohl's Cash since that would make it a couple dollars cheaper than what Target is offering it for on BF. Gotta love a great deal!!

Wow, I just got a message this morning that the awesome order I placed overnight Tuesday/Wednesday is ready to be shipped! Hooray for Kohl's!

Awesome! I hope mine ships that fast. I cleaned up pretty good yesterday thanks to their 30% off and free shipping!! Got some KC, a bunch of Christmas presents and something for my for a hell of a lot less than I would have on BF. :D