Lay a way at Walmart?

northernflirt

Do you guys know that you can put items on layaway at Kmart from your home computer? I have already done it once lately. All you do is go on the website and put the items you want in your cart, then when you are checking out you can choose layaway. They have you choose the store you want the layaway and then they tell you what your first payment is. They tell you everything at checkout and all you do is log back in on your due dates and pay with a credit card. You have to go to the store and pay your final payment and pick it up on the scheduled date. It worked great!!

• 2 weeks later...
Big Jim, you're correct. I work for WM and heard that rumor this summer. However, most stores converted layaway to the Site to Store area. Our store is do a remodel this year and they're combining Site to Store with the photo lab. It takes a lot of logistics and planning to reinstate layaway. Most stores just don't have the space any more. I have always thought they should just do an online layaway type thing. Once you pay for your items in full it ships directly to site to store...just my two cents.

I began to distance myself from WM once they got rid of their layaway! Esp when you can go to another store and get the same product with better service. Even if I have to pay a couple more dollars, sometimes it is worth it. But, do not get me wrong- I am sure that they do not miss my money since they have gotten so big. I am just a small piece of their pie.