Outlet malls on Black Friday?

brinak2005

We have a new Tanger Outlet Mall opening November 5th. I was wondering how the sales are there on BF. I am thinking about doing my normal early bird shopping @ Walmart, Target, etc., go home to unload, then head to the outlet mall to shop later in the morning. Just wondering if the sales are good all day long or if you have to get there early too.

In the past most of the BF sales at the outlets start a Midnight and go until 11am or so.

Closer time to BF Tanger in the past has issued out press releases on their websites with the details and times for each mall.

We have a new Tanger Outlet Mall opening November 5th. I was wondering how the sales are there on BF. I am thinking about doing my normal early bird shopping @ Walmart, Target, etc., go home to unload, then head to the outlet mall to shop later in the morning. Just wondering if the sales are good all day long or if you have to get there early too.

If you do do the outlets, go a few days before to customer service and get a coupon book. Free for military or aaa members, otherwise it's 5.00. There are some stores that have extra percentage off or dollars off. They expire at the end of the year I think.

Is this the outlet malls in Mebane ??

YEA!!! I live right on the outskirts of Greensboro, so maybe it won't take so long to get there!! Glad they finally built one around here. Now I dont have to go to the beach for the outlets now :)

I do the outlets every year and have done it in 3 different states and the only thing I find to be true everywhere is that getting IN to the parking lot is a nightmare..We usually leave my house at around 9:30 and I live only 20 mins away n i usually get in and park by 1130 so leave your house early!

Our local outlet mall opened at midnight last year...I personally avoid them like the plague.

Are you talking about the one in Monroe, Oh? My hubby tried to get me to go shopping there last year and I refused. Between the I75 construction and the crowds, they would have probably carried me out of there in a straigh jacket.

I do the outlets every year and have done it in 3 different states and the only thing I find to be true everywhere is that getting IN to the parking lot is a nightmare..We usually leave my house at around 9:30 and I live only 20 mins away n i usually get in and park by 1130 so leave your house early!

WOW Thanks. I never would have even considered parking to be that bad. I will keep that in mind!!

Here's a little secrect no one seems to realize........the outlets normally extend the BF sale prices throughout the ENTIRE thanksgving weekend!! Woodbury Commons (Premium Outlets-New York) have done this for YEARS!!! I do my Best Buy & Walmart shopping on Black Friday and then hit the outlets Saturday morning. By Saturday morning every sale item is neatly stacked back onto the shelves, less crowds and I never had a problem getting a black friday sale item. These outlet stores stock loads are pretty HUGE for that week. Check the dates of the outlet BF sales. You'll save time & gas. I say gas because normally every year they close I-87 in New York right before 11:00pm (Thanksgiving day) because of the hordes of people trying to get into the outlets. It's quite a sight to see. I've seen (on the news) people parking on the side of the highway/in the woods & walk the last mile to get into the outlets. It's JUST THAT CROWDED. If you do go try to get there around 8/9pm. They normally open at 12 but you have think about the parking situation. Also, I normally park next to the exit. Because, 9 times out of ten there will be a traffic jam of cars still trying to GET IN when you are coming out of the store with your great purchases. It's a further walk but it's less headache when your trying to get out. Just a little tip for my fellow "gotta dealers" ;) Edited by Tarmax4
wanted to add another tip

I don't think I have the patience to try it. I hear the interstate is usually backed up for miles going towards the outlet near me, and parking I hear is a nightmare, as well as lines inside stores. Ive heard certain stores have actually had to close their doors to get a handle on the crowds:eyepoppin:

Are you talking about the one in Monroe, Oh? My hubby tried to get me to go shopping there last year and I refused. Between the I75 construction and the crowds, they would have probably carried me out of there in a straigh jacket.

Actually I was talking about Jeffersonville, but I can imagine what Monroe was like being newly opened.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The outlet mall in Smithfield, NC is crazy. But while they extend their sales into the day on friday, the best stuff is already gone by then.

Banana Republic offers an extra 40% off the entire store - so if you want clearance merchandise - you have to get their early for the best selection. Same thing with Yankee Candle (they only let 10 people in the store at a time due to fire code).

Some of the stores have actually started opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving night to try and control some of the craziness. But it is fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I love going to the outlets on BF...ours open at midnight, and I am generally in the parking lot by 11, with coffee in hand, and have never had an issue with parking. However, I did notice last year, that by 11:15 or 11:30, it became next to impossible to find a parking spot...

And last year, there were people there selling pizza to people waiting in line! Now THAT'S using your noodle, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I used to work at the 5 Oaks Outlet in Pigeon Forge. It can be a mad house! Old Navy will open at Midnight, as will some of the other stores. Most other stores open around 6 to 8. Really good deals! I would always work the earliest shift at the Disney Outlet, from 4-11. It would be so crowded, our management would provide us meals that weekend, because you couldn't leave and get something and get back! They would rope off an area just for employee parking and run a shuttle from a local church too. (secret hint -- there are parking spaces underneath the section that has Old Navy/Disney, etc.) People have been known to look for a parking spot for over 30 minutes! Lots of great deals though. Make sure you check out the Coach Outlet at the other outlet down the street! There is also a Walmart just down the street from 5 Oaks. We were always told to plan on an extra hour to get to work!

Happy Shopping!

If you do do the outlets, go a few days before to customer service and get a coupon book. Free for military or aaa members, otherwise it's 5.00. There are some stores that have extra percentage off or dollars off. They expire at the end of the year I think.

You can go to Tanger Outlets Facebook page now and get a voucher for a free coupon book sent to your email. I'm not sure how long the coupons are good for, but there was a 20% off one item coupon advertised.

Anyone shop at the Mills outlet malls (Simon)?

It looks like the one near me opens at 5:00 am on BF. I had. not. planned on going there, but I just found out that they have a Gymboree Outlet. Has anyone shopped at a Gymboree Outlet store on BF?

We always pick a few children to buy for from the Angel Tree and I like being able to pick up well made, quality clothes for them. If Gymboree's outlet has some great deals I will have to check them out.