Best Buy Reward Points

missy5225

I didn't know until I logged in and mine were gone, but it was only 5 points (BUT STILL my points). I promptly called b/c I did not receive an email (just got the email yesterday), and they returned my points back to me. You should call their customer service and ask if you can get your points back. Good luck.

Can someone explain this forfeiture process? I had been banking points for 15 months and just used 29k of them on an appliance purchase on 1/15. I would have been furious if I lost those points.

Is there any place explaining this change to RZ?

From their website. I guess I had less than 250 points cause now my balance is zero.

Please take a moment to review the important elements of

points annualization.

What is points annualization?

In early February, Reward Zone program accounts with 250 or more points will be converted to the nearest $5 reward certificate level.

Any remaining account balance below 250 points will be forfeited.

The annualization of the program is based on your purchases as of December 31, 2009.

oh and to make matters with Best Buy worse - I went in to price match an item that HH Gregg had on sale this week. I have always done PMs at the registers. My BB told me that now all PMs have to go thru the customer service desk because they are calling the stores to see if the they have the items in stock now. ugh .. if that's the case Best Buy has just lost a customer!

Our Best Buy's here have always made me go to Customer Service, but waiting on them to call around would be a pain. We have a store called Fry's here and that's what they do. They have to call and have it in stock and find out how many. Takes a while sometimes especially if it's a busy time of day. :(

Best Buy has a forum where this was discussed thoroughly for months ... didn't change a thing with the company. Someone had suggested that it was too much trouble for the company to keep track of 250 pts - which in turn gave a $5 gift cert which needed to be used in a specified time frame. Now, if your silver (meaning you spent $2500 in a calendar year) your points roll over (you don't lose a thing). Well, there's the problem - not everyone can afford to spend that. It's not that Best Buy made a mistake with the forfeiture of points - they are giving "customer service" points to people who call express how upset they are. Now, I haven't had to call but this is the reason why some people are getting points returned to their accounts. For those who lost points, give a ring at 1-800-Best-Buy - maybe you will be able to recoop what you lost.

Just to clarify I never had to call, They sent an email to me saying my account should of never been effected in the first place and it was a mistake that i was included. no clue, but maybe the fact I had just purchased over a $1000 worth of items from them, might of changed their minds.

I checked my RZ account because of this thread. I only have 115 points earned in December 09, but they are still there, haven't been forfeited at least not yet.

according to the email - it is suppose to happen sometime during the month of February. So don't be surprised if they are gone next month.

• 2 weeks later...
called bb and just told them that i lost pts .......190 to b exact.......was told that they give certs in feb automatically if the pts r over 250........i was told that they would credit my account........and also if this happens again in the yrs to come just to call n tell them and they will credit the pts

I had a thread in Finance Discussion awhile back about a problem with cs on RZ before...they emailed me an apology and reissued those RZ certs that were in question, BUT they said they were going to give me 750 RZ points too.......and they never did that. I was just content they reissued the certs that weren't working, irritated I never received the 750 apology points. Now to find those $247.89 points forfeited, UGH.

Just to clarify I never had to call, They sent an email to me saying my account should of never been effected in the first place and it was a mistake that i was included. no clue, but maybe the fact I had just purchased over a $1000 worth of items from them, might of changed their minds.

should have

• 3 weeks later...

according to the email - it is suppose to happen sometime during the month of February. So don't be surprised if they are gone next month.

Just got around to checking again today and they are still there, I am planning to make a major purchase in the next few weeks and get more points so I am glad I didn't forfeit them.