Kenmore appliances - Sears

We are beginning a kitchen remodel in the near future and will be purchasing appliances also. I am interested in the Sears Kenmore appliances. It seems appliances are often on sale at Sears, so I wondered if anyone knew how much of a sale Sears will usually do. In other words, when should I bite? 20% off, or will they go any higher? Just curious if anyone has ever "stalked" them hard enough to figure this out. Also, what about the Sears Appliance stores? Do they give better deals?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Sears appliance stores give better prices. That is where i have bought all of my purchases within to past 5-6 years. I have noticed there quality has went down hill. I have had to have my washer and refrig replaced for product failure. The stove has rust in the door window, the dryer & dishwasher still are fine(knock on wood), and the deep freeze works great. I try to buy when there is no interest for xx months and then just make sure i include the payments in monthly budget. Good luck on the remodel, i am going through it right now. And i am not having much luck!

Be aware that their service is terrible too! The service people make their own schedules, independent of the store, and seemingly answer to no one. We've had nightmare experiences with being told they will come in a 4 hour period, wait around, they don't come during that time, and then when they do - they don't have the part, so you have to reschedule (and sit around!) all over again. I made countless calls/complaints and no one cared. I will NEVER buy from Sears again.

My Kenmore fridg was a nightmare. I guess you will find horror stories with every brand. I just couldn't get the proper service even with the warranty. I was not impressed at all. If you are thinking ahead to re-sell, I would get other appliances. Get the upgrades in appliances if you can afford it for getting most of your $ back for your kitchen remodel should you sell.

I just posted this in another thread but i will post it here since its pertaining to the same thing.

If you go to Sears , I do not recommend their name brand of products, Kenmore. We had an over-the range microwave that was only 2 years old and stopped working back in August. Then in September, we had our side-by-side fridge that was only 5 years old stop working and leaked freon.