Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

When it comes to Target clearance, there is only one thing you can count on, consistent inconsistency. If something gets marked 30% off this week, there is no guarantee it will be 50% the following week, or 75% off the week after that. We have all watched something sit at 30% for weeks, with what seems like no hope of it ever moving past that. Bakuspheres anyone? And just because an item is on clearance at one store, does not mean it will be on clearance at another. :confused: We are at their mercy.

I finally hit the sales today and am so happy I went. These are not my pictures but what I got. I copied the pics to show you guys what they look like.

Toy Story Laser Blast Buzz Lightyear for $2.87

http://i.ebayimg.com/20/!ByUe1jwCWk~$(KGrHqUOKkEEwRMH-EyRBMRMfisDgQ~~_35.JPG

Spider-man Web Shooter Sprinkler for $$3.24

http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BwWCCjgCGk~$(KGrHqMOKisEwPBtPuqgBMIhuSNUyQ~~_35.JPG

Nihao Kai-lan Mega Bloks for $5.77

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!BzHvQ4!BWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Ew5M8dgB)BMUkIYbod!~~_35.JPG

Mighty World Race Day Town Life Set for $3.99

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/3/4/8/6/4/webimg/378755641_tp.jpg

Mighty World River Rescue Emergency Set for $3.99

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/3/4/8/6/4/webimg/378757045_tp.jpg

Mighty World Search for the Lost Mummy Set $5.48

http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!BzHdIz!!mk~$(KGrHqYOKnMEw85Y0yGTBMUi1CP6HQ~~_35.JPG

NCF Banzai Twin Barrel Water Guns for $5.02

http://i.ebayimg.com/16/!BhvbplwBGk~$(KGrHqEOKiUEslw(-G3oBLKmuG0b5g~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/03/!BhvYuwgBWk~$(KGrHqUH-DUEsNGN5MiDBLKmjW(JSg~~_35.JPG

Hopefully the pics will help someone when looking through the aisles to spot something.

Edited by 2knightsandaprincess

I was in Target today getting groceries and stopped by the toys and I was SHOCKED at how much was still there! A whole aisle was still at least 50% full and things were spread around still in the aisles. I didn't see anything really "hot" but there were still a ton of toys on the shelves. (I admit it...I bought a couple of things that I hadn't seen before...I can't quit this sale!)

So if you haven't made it in yet, it's definitely worth a shot...you may end up finding a lot (not to mention the prospect of returns).

Quick! Run to your nearest Target and purchase the Airwick Freshmatic compact kit! It is on sale for $4.49 this week. There were coupons from 6/1 from smart source that expire today (Sun 8/1) for $4.00 off, if anybody has any of these coupons. I still had 2 coupons and managed to snag two at .49 cents each. These when regularly price are $7.99. Hope this helps!!

Does anyone know anything about the Fisher Price Cool School computer thingy? I bought two of them. What exactly do you do with them? Looks like a keyboard, etc. Are there CD's that you buy separate from them? I looked above and there were several empty hooks with clearance tags..but nothing on them..so don't know what exactly was hanging there. I'd hate to give these as gifts if they are being discontinued or you cant find the extra's to it.

I bought two of them, what they had left. They had games available for just under $5.00, I bought three games too. I will keep one for my daughter and give one computer and one game for a gift. I know nothing about it but figure even if it is just fun, it was worth the $12.50!

managed to get the elmo hands 7.xx , yo gabba gabba laptop for 6.24, 2 different disney princess necklace things 1.xx and lots of other small things. found the fancy nancy shoes and boa which my BF daughter will love as she's super into FN now. I saw a lego's farmyard playset but was only 50% off at 29.99 and didn't get since will just be put away for a year til boys are older. I also found a 2 in 1 batmobile thing with a figure for 4.9x and the kai lan mega bloks pictured above. I did better than I'd expected to overall now just need to find space to put it :)

I was at a Target not in my area - and found a Little People's Fairy Treehouse that I was looking for at my stores but couldn't find for DD. Yay! But there was nothing else good at this store. A lot of toys were only 30% there that are 75% off at my stores. Probably why they are still on the shelves and not bought yet. Since I was able to find the Fairy Treehouse, I think I will take back the Disney Magic Oven -- I heard it got bad reviews. Anyone else here have an opinion on it?

I also got 3T Circo shorts for $1 for her for next summer that none of my stores had and the $3.24 Exhileration Jeans. In fact, 3T must be super popular in my area cause none of the stores have that size. In baby clearance, they had a bunch of random stuff, I only picked up $2.49 3 pack of Circo Long Sleeve Onsies.

Ok, question for you all, I went shopping last week and bought some clearance toys and a bunch of other stuff that I used my manu and target coupons on. Problem is, as I peruse my receipt, I notice about 5-6 coupons didn't come off at all. I'm assuming I can return the stuff since they didn't take the coupon off and get the full price back, correct? I bought several items b1g1free and don't see the amount anywhere on my coupon taken off at all! I watched her but she was so jumpy and trying to talk to someone else working there and I was just irritated overall that I didn't notice the main coupons (the ones for 2.50 off) didnt' come off my total nor did my $2 pampers wipes coupons! The coupons total over 10 bucks so I'm not very happy right now! The thing is, on my receipt, coupons show up under items that I didn't have coupons for, does that matter? Where the coupon shows up? My receipt is a hot mess and I guess I learned next time to not buy so much at one time when using coupons! Guess I'm bagging the stuff back up to return it! :( What a pain! I sure wasn't planning on buying $6 worth of stayfree, that's for sure! hehehehe!

Ok, question for you all, I went shopping last week and bought some clearance toys and a bunch of other stuff that I used my manu and target coupons on. Problem is, as I peruse my receipt, I notice about 5-6 coupons didn't come off at all. I'm assuming I can return the stuff since they didn't take the coupon off and get the full price back, correct? I bought several items b1g1free and don't see the amount anywhere on my coupon taken off at all! I watched her but she was so jumpy and trying to talk to someone else working there and I was just irritated overall that I didn't notice the main coupons (the ones for 2.50 off) didnt' come off my total nor did my $2 pampers wipes coupons! The coupons total over 10 bucks so I'm not very happy right now! The thing is, on my receipt, coupons show up under items that I didn't have coupons for, does that matter? Where the coupon shows up? My receipt is a hot mess and I guess I learned next time to not buy so much at one time when using coupons! Guess I'm bagging the stuff back up to return it! :( What a pain! I sure wasn't planning on buying $6 worth of stayfree, that's for sure! hehehehe!

Target's receipts are so confusing. I've had a couple of times where I've gone back and manually added up my total minus coupons on my calculator and it equals the amount I was actually charged, but I cannot figure out on the receipt how they did it. I have also had problems with coupons being scanned but not coming off my ticket too which is SO frustrating b/c you basically just lost $$. Unless someone has some better advice I would try going to customer service and seeing if they can sort it out with you-- item by item if need be. At my store there is one very knowledgeable and friendly customer service person, so I always try to deal with any issues when I know he is working. You should be able to return things whether the coupons did or did not come off-- but you will get back whatever you paid, not necessarily full price. I try not to use too many coupons in one trip for all of these reasons. You probably already know to hand manufacturer coupons first and target coupons second-- that seems to help with some of the coupon problems.

At my local Target the price on the receipt actually changes if you use a Target coupon. Example: Pull-ups regularly priced $8.99, say I have a Target coupon for $1 off the receipt will say Pull-ups $7.99. So the coupon came off, but it doesn't say $8.99 -$1.00 like a manufacture's coupon does, so it may look like the coupons didn't come off.

I had a great Target day today. Went to the Target closes to me and decided to look at toys again even though this was the first Target I went to last week for the toy clearance and I found the Spike the Dinosaur that is like a puppet for $4.98 and a Toy Story Game for $6.24. They were both only marked 30% and I am sure that is the only reason they were still there. I am so glad I decided to scan them.:D

went back to Target and scanned the toy aisle and there were still a full aisle with 75% off toys, there was stuff all over. Its like they started to reset then stopped? Found some small trivial pursuit games (like travel size) great for the teens for $2.48

Haven't heard this one mentioned so I thought I'd post Today I found a DIDJ recharging station 75% Was only redtagged at 30% (now I am hoping this is not the one that was recalled for starting FIRES?!?!) Wouldn't it alert at registar when I tried to checkout? ANYWAYS it was a KILLER find and made my target trip worth it even though thats the only toy I picked up :D

They also had Hannah Montana for didj for 7.50 (75%)

Weird thing is they no longer have a leapfrog aisle? I know they are resetting but I am not kidding not ONE leapster/leapster game/ tag/ tag book/ ect ANYWHERE...I only saw the clearanced Didj charger/clearanced ONE didj game and Bakugan Clearance Tag book (they had 15 or so of these) and ONE Tag Jr. clearanced book....no other leapfrog items anywhere..we usually have one whole side of an aisle !!! I walked toys 15 times thinking I was missing it but its NOT THERE!! Made me BATTY

Weird thing is they no longer have a leapfrog aisle? I know they are resetting but I am not kidding not ONE leapster/leapster game/ tag/ tag book/ ect ANYWHERE...I only saw the clearanced Didj charger/clearanced ONE didj game and Bakugan Clearance Tag book (they had 15 or so of these) and ONE Tag Jr. clearanced book....no other leapfrog items anywhere..we usually have one whole side of an aisle !!! I walked toys 15 times thinking I was missing it but its NOT THERE!! Made me BATTY

Strange. Mine still has a leapfrog aisle.

Strange. Mine still has a leapfrog aisle.

All the ones I've been to in SoCal (Inland Empire to Brea) still have at least 1/4 an aisle of Leapfrog items. Most have an entire side just for them. They just introduced the Leapster Explorer so that product line is just coming out. Only one store has completely re-done their Toy section so that may be why yours doesn't have it anymore. All our toy clearance was over by housewares/frozen foods bunched together as tightly as possible to not need to leave clearance in their respective aisles or endcaps but where a lot of foot traffic could see it in one day.

they are resetting. they moved it in almost all our local stores. sometimes an entire aisle disappears for a day or two.

Clearance Return Question...I bought some items at 50% off then repurchased them at 75% off, all on same credit card. If I try to take those items back without a receipt, I know they will be able to see both purchases on my credit card but will they be kind enough to return at the higher rate? I know I have all my receipts but sometimes it is difficult to determine what is what based on the description, especially when you have lots of receipts!! :)

Coupon Question...I got a $10 of coupon for kids sonicare with my receipt. Is this considered a Target coupon? I also saw a $10 off in the coupons in the newspaper. Could I be lucky enough to use both of these for the same product? That would be a huge score if I could. I dont know that I have ever used the Target receipt coupon.

I appreciate any input you can provide!!

Clearance Return Question...I bought some items at 50% off then repurchased them at 75% off, all on same credit card. If I try to take those items back without a receipt, I know they will be able to see both purchases on my credit card but will they be kind enough to return at the higher rate? I know I have all my receipts but sometimes it is difficult to determine what is what based on the description, especially when you have lots of receipts!! :)

Coupon Question...I got a $10 of coupon for kids sonicare with my receipt. Is this considered a Target coupon? I also saw a $10 off in the coupons in the newspaper. Could I be lucky enough to use both of these for the same product? That would be a huge score if I could. I dont know that I have ever used the Target receipt coupon.

Nope, they'll give you the lesser amount unless you have the receipt. Always best to use 2 different cards for this kind of thing.

Check the coupon that they printed out and see if it says Target coupon or Mfg Coupon. It will be on the part where the date is.

Haven't heard this one mentioned so I thought I'd post Today I found a DIDJ recharging station 75% Was only redtagged at 30% (now I am hoping this is not the one that was recalled for starting FIRES?!?!) Wouldn't it alert at registar when I tried to checkout? ANYWAYS it was a KILLER find and made my target trip worth it even though thats the only toy I picked up :D

Yes, if it was a recall, they won't let you buy it...it will alert the cashier when they scan it...I had it happen to some Flypen? thing or something last year that I tried to buy...

Coupon Answer:

Yes!! You can use both. I am trying to get the 5 Sonicare toothbrush for my nieces and nephew for Christmas. Man!! Them things are $69.99. Plus, if you go online, they also have a $5 rebate. I am also keeping my fingers crossed, Target sometimes will mark them down a bit, so more savings....

75% off toys at 1 of the 3 stores I hit this morning in Sarasota FL. Haven't unpacked car yet but wanted to post as soon as possible for those wanting to know if any stores had marked down today.

I got a bunch of 75% toy items at the University Target. I got there just as they we're going aisle to aisle marking down the toys. :)