Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I practically lived in Target today. After hitting up the Halloween clearance at Wal-mart, I headed to Target to do my grocery shopping but ended up filling my cart with Halloween instead. Everything was 50% off. I got 6 of those 23 count snack bags and could have gotten plenty more but restrained myself, lol. (plus they wouldn't fit in the cart!) Also got lots of paper towels, softsoap foaming pumps, funfetti cake mixes and icing and treat bags. They had many of the LPS tubes but my daughter isn't into them so I just got a tiny pirate Barbie set instead. I also got 3 stuffed animals, 3 throws, and 3 singing toys. My favorite singing/dancing toys are two that do popular line dances - they don't even look like Halloween so I am giving them to my DJ brother for Christmas if my kids don't steal them first. :-)

I never find household stuff on clearance. I would load up on the paper towels and pump soap... who cares about the decorations.. they still work!

But no matter how much I stalk, those kind of items never seem to hit clearance here.

Don't feel too bad. IMO, both the holiday paper towels and soap were overpriced to begin with so the deal was only mediocre, but maybe I'm just used to getting bulk deals from Amazon and stuff for those things. I really wanted the ziploc bags, but no luck this year.. Our costumes were really picked over but Walmart had plenty (I am loathe to shop there though - ours is terrible!) If you can find the 23 count snack bags that is definitely a great deal. Just a few aisles over they were selling a 22 count bag of the the same thing, on sale for $5.99. The Halloween ones ring up at $2.99, so it truly is a half price deal.. They even come with a nice sheet of stickers..

I never find household stuff on clearance. I would load up on the paper towels and pump soap... who cares about the decorations.. they still work!

But no matter how much I stalk, those kind of items never seem to hit clearance here.

It was the Halloween napikins & paper towels. If you have a busy store, they probably sold out within 5 minutes of opening. There were about 10 women racing to the back yesterday at my regular store and I ended up splitting the napkins with one of them. I only got 5 packs at that store. I didn't find them at any other store but one yesterday, and got lucky that they had an entire endcap and I was able to stock up for the year and still leave a good bit on the shelf. Those usually sell out really fast because they don't get that cheap otherwise.

Actually, the paper towel deal is only so-so, I might even return those today since I only got a few and I think the current deal with gift card might be as good or better a deal. The napkins, though ARE a good deal. We only use the Bounty ones since we got fed up with the cheap ones being so cheap as to be useless and $1.49 is a great price for them.

would you be willing to location in California you got the napkins and paper towels at?? I live in Orange County and maybe twice a year make it up your direction.. I just want to go visit the new target you mention to see if their are good deals there,..

It was Azusa. They don't have a lot of good clearance yet since they are still new. You might also try Upland. They seemed interesting. I stopped there last weekend for the first time.

Halloween was 50% at my store, as well as dollar spot, which they were moving to the Halloween area, I figure they will make it with the rest when it goes 75% off!

Anyone have any idea when that will be? 75%???

Although it isn't target related, I went to Meijers and they were 75% off already yesterday and stuff was flying off the shelves! Got a ton though.

###Got a ton of boys tshirts for 1.98 and 1.48. The 1.98 ones were character ones, diary of whimpy kid, last airbender, mario, and dispicable me. Picked them up for DS for next summer.

###076061383 1.98

###076061452 1.98

###076065486 1.98

###076034676 1.24

Oh and

###Orbits gum and Elixir gum, tick tacs, and laffy taffy are all 50% off. Had tick tac coupons that made those free.

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for listing on perimeterperusing.com

Halloween was 50% at my store, as well as dollar spot, which they were moving to the Halloween area, I figure they will make it with the rest when it goes 75% off!

Anyone have any idea when that will be? 75%???

Although it isn't target related, I went to Meijers and they were 75% off already yesterday and stuff was flying off the shelves! Got a ton though.

Got a ton of boys tshirts for 1.98 and 1.48. The 1.98 ones were character ones, diary of whimpy kid, last airbender, mario, and dispicable me. Picked them up for DS for next summer.

076061383 1.98

076061452 1.98

076065486 1.98

076034676 1.24

Oh and Orbits gum and Elixir gum, tick tacs, and laffy taffy are all 50% off. Had tick tac coupons that made those free.

that orange font is REALLY hard to read

Did everyone get the Target Toy Catalog and coupons this past weekend? I think half of our paper went missing because we never got a bunch of ads, or the Target book. :( Is there any way to get those toy catalog coupons online? TIA!

they always come a week apart. Target should be in this week's paper. They should also be putting out the coupons in the store.

What does everyone think about 75% off? I see that last year it was Nov. 3rd and the year before was Nov. 4th. It's going to be hard for me to make it either way, but I may be able to squeeze in a lunch hour run tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed!!

My "plan" is to go out first thing tomorrow when they open to see if it is 75%-- want some costumes for dress up play clothes-- but my plans never seem to work out lately. I'm also on central time, but will post what I find when I get home.