Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Late Sunday, we went to another Target since I had $10 in formula checks expiring that day. I checked out there dollar spot - and they still had tons of workbooks, some Pooh books that we bought at 50% off and could not find at 75% off at the other store (yay for that), some flashcards and miscellaneous coloring books that I didn't see at the other store. And also a foam clock. So I got another 16 items which was great. Toddler sandals were 75% off - got 3 pairs in 3 sizes. Also got 1 lonely Toy Story towel (same as others are reporting). There were a bunch of Gilligan brand undies for women at 75% off (2.48) - 3 pack bikini.

I know it is a bit far for you, but check San Dimas (57 & Arrow Hwy). They have the GC entrance from inside the store closed off for the remodel, so they still had stuff left the other day. You might also try LaVerne if you come up here as they often have more left than others. I think there is a 3rd store another 8 miles down the 210 toward the 15 that you could check if you decide to treck up here.

Hey LovestoshopCA,

I am going to call LaVerne, thats not too bad of a drive, whats city is that 3rd stroe in? San Dimas I will call too not quite sure where that city is (LOL). thanks!

Hey LovestoshopCA,

I am going to call LaVerne, thats not too bad of a drive, whats city is that 3rd stroe in? San Dimas I will call too not quite sure where that city is (LOL). thanks!

The san dimas store is just 3 or 4 miles from la verne. Pull up theLV store on google maps and you'll see the others

I came across some Chesapeake Bay 4" pillar candles at 75% off. (75¢ each)

### 054 05 0234 Lime Mojito Chesapeake Bay 4" pillar candle at 75% off. (75¢ each)

### 054 05 0192 Orange Spritzer Chesapeake Bay 4" pillar candle at 75% off. (75¢ each)

### 054 05 0285 Pina Colada Chesapeake Bay 4" pillar candle at 75% off. (75¢ each)

###They have more fragrances, these are the ones I liked.

I am pretty picky and I really like these. They will make great teacher gifts this Christmas. A little touch of summer fragrance in the middle of winter is always nice. :)

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for listing on perimeterperusing.com

Anyone find ereaders down?

They were marking down electronics so I had the manager take it out and scan it for me still 50% at my store :( BUT since they were in the middle of markdown I am making my Dh check on his way in (my target is right under 40mi away but he drives through there on his way home) I have DCPI so if I can talk him through checking that I will update later...

Our brown dot was all salvaged! Got a few BTS supplies for 75% they were moving it to endcaps at stationary...so check there if your looking.

Went to 2 stores Friday and brown dot dollar spot was 50% off and went first thing this morning and neither store had any brown dot stuff left at all!?!? Not 1 single thing! Not sure if it went to 75% over the weekend (??) and ALL sold out or if they removed all of it? Really weird... Signs said 50% off price was good through 9/19.

Target has really been doing things differently, from putting clearance mixed in the regular isles, and constantly moving clearance around to different spots, not following any schedule anymore, leaving things at lower clearance for much longer, lowering the price on one item to 75% off but leaving another similar item at only 30% off, things disappearing before they get to 75% off, completely changing how they do holiday clearance... I swear they are revolting against Perimeter Perusers and clearance shoppers...

Went to 2 stores Friday and brown dot dollar spot was 50% off and went first thing this morning and neither store had any brown dot stuff left at all!?!? Not 1 single thing! Not sure if it went to 75% over the weekend (??) and ALL sold out or if they removed all of it? Really weird... Signs said 50% off price was good through 9/19.

Target has really been doing things differently, from putting clearance mixed in the regular isles, and constantly moving clearance around to different spots, not following any schedule anymore, leaving things at lower clearance for much longer, lowering the price on one item to 75% off but leaving another similar item at only 30% off, things disappearing before they get to 75% off, completely changing how they do holiday clearance... I swear they are revolting against Perimeter Perusers and clearance shoppers...

I noticed that they were beginning to mix clearance in with regular priced items also. I did get a Toy Story 3 book bag for my daughter today for $2.98 though. All of the brown spot items were also gone and they were putting out new items, including halloween stuff on the dollar spot.

No luck with outdoor patio stuff in socal... all stores are sold out, I think I called 30 stores this morning. Oh well, for a reason.

Not sure where in So Cal you are but I live in Chula Vista, San Diego County, and ours is closing too. I drove past it the other day and they still had a bunch of stuff out.

dollar spot was 50% off and went first thing this morning and neither store had any brown dot stuff left at all!?!? Not 1 single thing! Not sure if it went to 75% over the weekend (??) and ALL sold out or if they removed all of it? Really weird... Signs said 50% off price was good through 9/19.

It seems at my store that whatever the dollar spot 50% off sign says is the "end" date really isn't and it usually goes 75% one to 3 days earlier than the "posted" date. Sounds like most stores went 75% on Saturday.

(Edited to clarify...talking about the dollar spot). My store was 75% off on Sunday, but I'm not sure if it went Saturday or Sunday. And in my recent experience, 75% off only lasts 2-3 days TOPS before it gets salvaged. Last time it was salvaged before it hit 75% off. Edited by Sarasuzymama

But every single item gone first thing this morning? You can usually find a straggle item here & there for days, but they re-set the entire dollar spot already. And since when do they mark stuff down on a weekend? They used to wait until after the weekend so they could try to sell more at 50% off.

My dollar spot always goes 75% off late Saturday afternoon and are salvaged by opening on Sunday. Last couple of times the manager maually keyed in the prices on the stuff I happened to find around the store. This time there were no stray items here or there like there normally is.

They salvaged the dollar spot this morning. Is your store getting a remodel? They seem to be least predictable lately.

My store had 3 employees working the dollar section on Sunday morning. They "quarantined" every single brown dot item into one little section and were putting out all new Halloween items. I can see how it would have been easy for them to just go in this morning and clear out all of the brown dot stuff in one big swoop. I guess it depends on how organized your store is...this store happens to have a VERY well organized dollar section.

It is weird that every single item would be gone (there are always some stragglers, right?) But I think that since they were basically completely resetting the entire area for Halloween, they had to do the sorting before they salvaged.

My Target had TONS of workbooks and books left yesterday morning, but there were employees working on taking it out and they snapped at me when I picked something up and started looking at it. Most of the people at my Target are friendly except for several of the pricing team members. They're rude and NEVER have a smile on their face, always a frown or a scowl. Guess that's why they're pricing team instead of cashiers. Several of them are really nice though.

WHAT!~ AHHHHH just called Dh and he is going to stop by mine on the way home...but he don't know when he'll be home yet! :(

I checked ours out yesterday (e-readers) and they did not go down. We only have one Target, he thought next Monday, he seem to think it was going every other week and ours just went down last week

I checked ours out yesterday (e-readers) and they did not go down. We only have one Target, he thought next Monday, he seem to think it was going every other week and ours just went down last week

That is the usual way they do it. However, ours were both marked 2 weeks ago (30% & 50% at different stores), and they did not go this week. I have a sinking feeling that they'll salvage the ones that didn't go down this week.

no luck on Ereaders at my SLOW stores..markdown team was in giftbag aisle today marking like crazy..didn't look because I didn't need anything...

I DO think I got a major score though..I am almost postive that I got a snuggie and my cashier scanned my $5 coupon TWICE and it took it both times....I pointed it out and she looked at me crosseyed and the manager looked at my receipt and said "what is the issue" I explained and she said "you got ONE right?" I thought she finally understood but nope she said "well it took $5 off so you got it for 2.xx" and handed me my receipt and scooted me along (long lines) so I left...but they DID take it off TWICE I am almost positive I will grab my receipt and run actual numbers later (confusing receipt because I had two $1 off coupons and a $3 off coupon too...) When she scanned the coupon it BEEPED and said something...(maybe they've caught it..?!?) she clicked OK and told me "it won't take the coupon" so I told her to just take the Snuggie off then...she claimed she DID but then said "oh it did come off and scanned it again then the coupon AGAIN) took it off twice I know it!

Oh well I tried to correct them !!!!