Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

http://phandroid.com/2010/09/03/target-releases-android-app/

I'm loving this new app! Shopping at Target will never be the same for me :)

do they have this app for iphone and i've missed it???

Thanks for the link! Just goes to show why the Droid is SO much better....

Oh, and be sure to click on that PeopleofWalmart.com link!!! Now THAT is why I don't like to shop at Walmart.

we don't have any school supplies left but saw few backpacks at 50% .... any idea when they can be markdown to 75% ... also saw some outdoor stuff ( plastic chairs, cushions) at 50%... there were two grills near the 50% sign but no red stickers on it....

also there were snuggies blankets at 50% ..

Im calling Socal stores for the Intex swimming pools... I waited a week to long, I think! I will keep my eyes open on that large water slide too.

I dont understand... why would Target take things to salvage before they go to 75% or even 90%? I guess the write off is better huh?

Sorry, didn't know anyone local was looking. They had 2 water slides yesterday at the Pasadena Lake store. Gone today. I'm going to return one of the family pools, though. The kids just didn't want it this year.

Tax laws are complicated, but I know from personal experience that it doesn't matter from a tax stand point if you take a loss or give it away, the tax implication is the same. However, there is very little "salvage" merchandise available in that market right now, so stores like Big Lots, Ross, Marshalls and all those types of stores and the middle men who serve them are paying higher prices to large retailers for their salvage this year and last. They need merchandise and it simply is worth it to pay more. On the Target side, they have to pay an employee to go through and mark down each piece for that interim markdown or those markdowns (some electronics will salvage after 30%), and when they account for those hourly wages, plus the lost opportunity cost of having those employees do something else, plus the fact that they are already selling the item at a loss, they may do better salvaging certain types of merchandise or certain items.

How do I do this? I'm really tech UNsavvy and have nooo clue what to do!

Aim your camera at the square bar code thingy and it will take you to their site to download. Otherwise, open the Marketplace from your main screen and search for Target to find it. Then download it and install. It is pretty easy to use. I tried it out this afternoon. It is nice.

Thanks for the link! Just goes to show why the Droid is SO much better....

Oh, and be sure to click on that PeopleofWalmart.com link!!! Now THAT is why I don't like to shop at Walmart.

Not that I disagree, but I just want to say that ANdroid is proving to be the alternative that people want to the iOS (iphone). Verizon did a wonderful job getting "Droid" into people's heads so whenever they see the newest Android phone they always ask, "Is that the Droid?" Even when they see my phone (T-mobile G1) which has been out for over a year before the Droid came out.

That being said, I'm glad took the initiative to be one of the first big retailers (besides amazon.com) to have an Android App to help us save $$! Now if only they could have a Perimeter Perusing section on there ;)

Sorry, didn't know anyone local was looking. They had 2 water slides yesterday at the Pasadena Lake store. Gone today. I'm going to return one of the family pools, though. The kids just didn't want it this year.

Tax laws are complicated, but I know from personal experience that it doesn't matter from a tax stand point if you take a loss or give it away, the tax implication is the same. However, there is very little "salvage" merchandise available in that market right now, so stores like Big Lots, Ross, Marshalls and all those types of stores and the middle men who serve them are paying higher prices to large retailers for their salvage this year and last. They need merchandise and it simply is worth it to pay more. On the Target side, they have to pay an employee to go through and mark down each piece for that interim markdown or those markdowns (some electronics will salvage after 30%), and when they account for those hourly wages, plus the lost opportunity cost of having those employees do something else, plus the fact that they are already selling the item at a loss, they may do better salvaging certain types of merchandise or certain items.

Hey lovestoshopCA... you seem pretty smart! So, help me out here. What the heck is a droid, other than a phone? Or is it just the best phone you can get? I have Verizon, is it worth a change of phone and there is a ton to pick from?

Not that I disagree, but I just want to say that ANdroid is proving to be the alternative that people want to the iOS (iphone). Verizon did a wonderful job getting "Droid" into people's heads so whenever they see the newest Android phone they always ask, "Is that the Droid?" Even when they see my phone (T-mobile G1) which has been out for over a year before the Droid came out.

That being said, I'm glad took the initiative to be one of the first big retailers (besides amazon.com) to have an Android App to help us save $$! Now if only they could have a Perimeter Perusing section on there ;)

Hey lovestoshopCA... you seem pretty smart! So, help me out here. What the heck is a droid, other than a phone? Or is it just the best phone you can get? I have Verizon, is it worth a change of phone and there is a ton to pick from?

True, true. I live in LA where T-Mobile's service is awful. Around here Verizon has a bigger market share and more coverage. I tried them all, and in the foothills, you just get rotten reception with anything other than Verizon. I got the first Droid on the market, which does run on the Android platform. Love it, love it, love it!

cutexianchick, the Droid is Verizon's version of Android phone. Basically it is just a smart phone, the same way an iPhone is. But the Android platform is Open Source (DH is a programmer for JPL, so he is a big open source promoter) which means it is much easier for people to make improvements to the operating system and to develop apps for it. I've got all sorts of goodies on mine, mostly related to shopping. ShopSavvy is one of my favorites. That's also available for iPhone and others. You scan an item in a store, and it goes to the web and does a comparison of prices and lets you know where to find it. I've got a wine app called Swirl which has reviews and a way to do notes as well as pricing. Lots of fun. I held out for 2 years on the worst phone ever (had to pay out of pocket b/c my contract wasn't up, and then didn't want to waste my money till the Droid came out) to get it, and I am very glad I did!

Aim your camera at the square bar code thingy and it will take you to their site to download. Otherwise, open the Marketplace from your main screen and search for Target to find it. Then download it and install. It is pretty easy to use. I tried it out this afternoon. It is nice.

Thank You!!

cutexianchick, not to take away from the Target nature of this thread...but if you're on Verizon, they have several (all good!) Android phones which can pretty much run the same apps throughout. They vary only in their size/speed/keyboard/price. They have the Droid, Droid 2, Droid Incredible, Droid X, and LG Ally. I would recommend looking in store and comparing what your likes are. If you have questions, head over to the Tech forum and we'll be happy to answer them there :)

Nowadays, there's lots of us on GD with Android phones on all networks!

cutexianchick, not to take away from the Target nature of this thread...but if you're on Verizon, they have several (all good!) Android phones which can pretty much run the same apps throughout. They vary only in their size/speed/keyboard/price. They have the Droid, Droid 2, Droid Incredible, Droid X, and LG Ally. I would recommend looking in store and comparing what your likes are. If you have questions, head over to the Tech forum and we'll be happy to answer them there :)

Yup! Would love one of the newer phones. And GD is Android Native, so it is great to use on the phone!

Just switched to Verizon to yesterday. They are running a heck of a deal. We got 2 LG Allys for $100 each. They each have a $100 mail in rebate (so free) and just during September you can get your first month of service for free if you transfer your current number (It will actually appear as a credit on our bill. So we pay it and then receive a credit next month.) And, to keep this target related, I downloaded that Target app thingy listed earlier. Pretty cool!

Was it the jewelry with the precious stones? I bought a long necklace for 20 bucks but it was only 50% off. I wanted them 75% off. If I go back today and see that they are 75% off can I get it price matched?

some necklaces I have been stalking are these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3181rHn7MbL._AA260_.jpg

Target will not price match clearance. You would have to return and re-buy the item to get the lower price. I usually re-buy when I see it's down and return the lower priced item later on when I have time. They will price match SALE items I think it's w/i 7 days though.

###091 11 0681 Intex Metal Frame Pool 12 ft x 33 in was $99.99 now $24.98 - but that sticker really belonged on the 10 x 30 pool not this one

Went yesterday and they had the big pools 75% off, they had 4 of one size and 1 larger one and had the same price sticker as the smaller ones on it. It scanned at a higher price $37.xx, but they gave it to me at the lower price :)

School supplies were 30% off, backpacks were still at 50% off.

For those of you who have the back to school stuff marked down, how long ago has school started for you?

Schools here don't start till tomorrow and last I checked, everything was full price still.

Our schools started on Aug. 16 and as of this past Sat. our school supplies were only 30% off.

For those of you who have the back to school stuff marked down, how long ago has school started for you?

Schools here don't start till tomorrow and last I checked, everything was full price still.

Our school started 8/23 and BTS was marked down to 30% that week (backpacks 50%). I have in my notes from last year that BTS went to 75% around 9/15. Hang in there, they have to make room for the Halloween and Christmas stuff.

Was in Natick, MA last evening and stopped at Target. Noticed a few items marked 30% and backpacks at 50%. I would say the majority of MA schools started last week or will start tomorrow. They were clearing aisles and setting up for Halloween while we were shopping. Best find was inkadinkado clear stamps on clearance for $2.24 (org. $8.99)--all other clearance scrapbooking supplies were still ringing 30% off.

I don't ..they are behind glass..what is the DCPI number the barcode or on the shelf? I can try to get it next time I am there (probally Friday since my target is 30/40mi away) I THINK I am going to buy one Friday and keep stalking them and hope they go 75% if not getting one for 50% off would be great too..better than full price!

Does anyone know how this one compares to Kindle? I have the new Kindle this would be for my 12yr old .....