Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Is the Target Clearance Inventory Locator usually accurate? I would like to have a set of the pans but the closest Target is 22 miles away with Limited Availability, do ya'll think it would be worth the drive?

It a hit or miss. Sometimes they have the stuff, sometimes not. Definitely not accurate, though it might have been at one time. It doesn't immediately update so you could make the drive for nothing. I have done it enough times that if it says 'limited' I don't run after it unless I'm already going that way. I wouldn't count on it to be right though.......

Is the Target Clearance Inventory Locator usually accurate? I would like to have a set of the pans but the closest Target is 22 miles away with Limited Availability, do ya'll think it would be worth the drive?

Call the store. First they will do a computer check to see if they think they have it. Then if they say yes, ask them to do a visual check. They'll have someone in the dept look for it.

Call the store. First they will do a computer check to see if they think they have it. Then if they say yes, ask them to do a visual check. They'll have someone in the dept look for it.

I would not recommend doing that unless you know the staff there and they are of the nice and helpful variety. Calling in is a good way to alert the staff to a fantastic bargain that they could score for themselves, especially in these tough times. Of course if you are definitely not going to drive out there unless they confirm that it is available, then you have nothing to lose.

I had a recent experience ... i was trying to locate a toy story 3 Jessie doll fr my daughter and it was not available in any of nearby targets ... but i found out that one of the stores 25 miles away have about 13 ... I called the store ( it was not a clearance item) .. they said they they don't have any.. for some reason i felt she did not check correctly and called again couple of hrs later ... they had 7....

Anyway with limited availability it is hit or miss.... ..if it is not clearance item they can hold it fr u...

I would not recommend doing that unless you know the staff there and they are of the nice and helpful variety. Calling in is a good way to alert the staff to a fantastic bargain that they could score for themselves, especially in these tough times. Of course if you are definitely not going to drive out there unless they confirm that it is available, then you have nothing to lose.

That is true if it is a great bargain. Didn't pay much attention to the item. Limited Availability is rarely really in stock.

Toys down to one side of an isle with 50% off signs up. Most toys were 50% but found the Transformers Decepticon marked only 30% but rang up 75%. Also scored the GI Joe Rise of Cobra for PSP for 75% off.

###087060120 Transformers The Fallen Decepticon $5.49 was 21.99

###207200378 PSP game GI Joe The Rise of Cobra $7.48 was 29.99

###Coco Krispies cereal 1.48 was 2.99 (exp. 2/2011)

My best score today was a

###056060176 Lexar 4G media storage Twist Turn USB drive $9.99 was $19.99

I had a coupon for $10 off this item (sent in the mail in a Back to Campus flyer)

Got it for free :D

I also found some men's underwear and socks 75% off.

Nope, they'll give you the lesser amount unless you have the receipt. Always best to use 2 different cards for this kind of thing.

Check the coupon that they printed out and see if it says Target coupon or Mfg Coupon. It will be on the part where the date is.

Darn!! The Target print out coupon is a manufacture coupon so I cant use both.:( Got another one today with my purchase!

Good tip about using different cc when purchasing clearance at varying percentages off. Still not certain I could keep it organized enough though. I did make my returns today with receipts except for one item. The customer service associate was nice enough to try to find it with just my credit card. I must have paid less for it than I realized, but told her I would look for the receipt just to be sure. So they can see all those previous purchases, it is just a matter of whether they will look back further in the purchase history to find the higher price.

Darn!! The Target print out coupon is a manufacture coupon so I cant use both.:( Got another one today with my purchase!

Good tip about using different cc when purchasing clearance at varying percentages off. Still not certain I could keep it organized enough though. I did make my returns today with receipts except for one item. The customer service associate was nice enough to try to find it with just my credit card. I must have paid less for it than I realized, but told her I would look for the receipt just to be sure. So they can see all those previous purchases, it is just a matter of whether they will look back further in the purchase history to find the higher price.

I assumed they had to take the most recent purchase no matter if they wanted to look back or not. (and I didn't realize they could scroll back through all of your purchases to see that you bought one at a higher price?) My store usuallly scans my card and then the item and they tell me how much they are giving me back. Do they have that option of seeing if you bought multiples or does the lower priced/most recent purchased one automatically come up?

I assumed they had to take the most recent purchase no matter if they wanted to look back or not. (and I didn't realize they could scroll back through all of your purchases to see that you bought one at a higher price?) My store usuallly scans my card and then the item and they tell me how much they are giving me back. Do they have that option of seeing if you bought multiples or does the lower priced/most recent purchased one automatically come up?

Yup, same here.

I got one of those $10 coupons for the kids sonicare. I don't need it, so if someone does, PM me and I'll mail it to you.

In my experience, if they do receipt look up for a credit card, they only see the items purchased on that credit card. So, if you return the item and they scan the credit card you paid the higher price with, that is the only amount that will show up. There are too many people with the same name for them to store records of your purchases by name; I imagine the look up is by credit card number only.

I work at Target and this is the protocol for our store. We have people drive for more than an hour to our store and we are always told to either look the item up in our PDA and then transfer the call to the team member in that dept or transfer it first thing.

What was the question you were answering? Not sure which thing you are talking about.

In my experience, if they do receipt look up for a credit card, they only see the items purchased on that credit card. So, if you return the item and they scan the credit card you paid the higher price with, that is the only amount that will show up. There are too many people with the same name for them to store records of your purchases by name; I imagine the look up is by credit card number only.

And I would assume they can't see ALL your puchases on THAT card can they at that moment or can they??? Like everything I've bought on my card? Since they scan my card then the item, wouldn't it only pull up that item and if you bought multiples at diff times, they would pull up the lower priced one? That's what I was saying.......that they don't have the option to give you back the higher price if you just bought it for alot less, it would take the lower price right?

What was the question you were answering? Not sure which thing you are talking about.

I think she's referring to the question about whether to call customer service to see if an item is in stock before driving to the store. It's great that her store is willing to do that, especially if people are driving a long way. Unfortunately, not all stores are so accomodating, and they are not required to do so.

If anyone sees Electronics go to 75%, please post. There are some games I am stalking. I checked on Monday and they were still 50%.

I think she's referring to the question about whether to call customer service to see if an item is in stock before driving to the store. It's great that her store is willing to do that, especially if people are driving a long way. Unfortunately, not all stores are so accomodating, and they are not required to do so.

If anyone sees Electronics go to 75%, please post. There are some games I am stalking. I checked on Monday and they were still 50%.

Our stores will generally do it, unless it is clearance. then sometimes they won't. But, as has been pointed out, even those that do check, sometimes the employees take the items, so it isn't a help.

Kinda of a cool deal if you still have the k-mart ad from Sunday...

I went in today and picked up some cute sparkle tennis shoes (an xhileration brand) at Target. On page 8 of the k-mart ad, they have the very same tennis shoes pictured only they call them Expressions. (they are the second pair pictured.)

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/035B022459450001?hei=145&wid=145&op_sharpen=1&qlt=75

Anyway, I don't shop k-mart (and by Thursday I figured that most of the sizes would be picked over anyway), so I thought I'd see if Target would price match. They have those shoes for $19.99. K-mart has them for $9.99. Now, I have no idea if they are the "exact" same shoe, but they sure look like it. I was kind of prepared to be declined because they are NOT the exact same brand.

Customer service never blinked about it. So, I was able to get the Target shoes for 1/2 price. I think they are really cute and got 2 pair for my daughters. (They light up too.) I supposed this would be a YMMV kinda thing if you come across a picky customer service rep. But I thought I'd at least try.

Also, in the same transaction I price matched the crayola paint set that k-mart has for a buck. They are $2 at Target and something I needed for the kids' school supplies.

Edited by KC-Traderbear

Saw lots of Merona mens socks, underwear, hankies, v-neck undershirts, wallets at 75% off today. Also saw big boxes of target brand baby wipes for 15% off and those boxer short style pull ups clearanced for 7.??-- I don't have boys and don't remember the brand, just thougth they were cute. A lot of the kids clearance clothes must have been salvaged b/c there was a small fraction of what was there last week. Nothing else seemed to drop any further in clearance this week here.

I went in today and picked up some cute sparkle tennis shoes (an xhileration brand) at Target. On page 8 of the k-mart ad, they have the very same tennis shoes pictured only they call them Expressions. (they are the second pair pictured.)

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/035B022459450001?hei=145&wid=145&op_sharpen=1&qlt=75

You may have gotten a pretty good deal, expressions is a kmart own brand and generally not great quality but I'm not familiar with exhilirations quality.

I'm sorry, yes i was referring to calling the store ahead of time. I'm sorry i didn't include the original question in my post, i haven't been on much since the new layout/look to the forums. I would say if you aren't sure your store goes and actually looks for an item for you, it never hurts to ask.

Don't know if anyone posted this yet. But from Targets coupons on there site I got the following items cheap... with no manu. coupons...so if you had some of those they would be even better.

Juicy Juice 8pk $1.29

Lunchable .75

Chef Boyardee Ravoli .32

Thought that they were pretty good, specially the ravoli!!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/KatieLynn011/001-1.jpg

Here is a picture of some of my 75% off toys! The rest of the toys I already put in storage!

Plus I met my second gottadealer! Hi again! Thanks for giving my son a lollipop - he enjoyed it!

Hey-

It's been about a week since I've been on this site. Thank you so much for hooking me up with the sale day! I'm back in NC and haven't stepped foot in a Target since the sale, so don't you know I'm ready this week. I must say that while we were shopping at your Target we got a lot of stares from other people thinking we were crazy with our carts full of toys. While we were in VT, the next day we drove to Albany and hit one of those stores too... I left my stash at my sister's house so now when we go to VT for Christmas I am not transporting as much. Way cool.

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to the target thing. I usually miss all the big deals. I have a question for you... When I was there on Friday they had those HUGE inflatable water parks (usually 550 dollars). It was marked Clearance for 384. There were about 10 left. Do these usually drop lower, or will people scoop them up for the 384? I'm hoping it drops down to 300 to pick one up.

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to the target thing. I usually miss all the big deals. I have a question for you... When I was there on Friday they had those HUGE inflatable water parks (usually 550 dollars). It was marked Clearance for 384. There were about 10 left. Do these usually drop lower, or will people scoop them up for the 384? I'm hoping it drops down to 300 to pick one up.

last year they sold out at 50% off here. It varies by area. Ours are not marked down yet.

Two things...Save the box! We had 3 various store inflatables and 2 were worthless 1 year (meticulously cared for) the other last only 4 uses. The company did replace it, but we really had to raise h@ll about it. but finally b/c we had the box, they did replace it. The second was just as useless after a few uses. the first actually "popped" while the neighbor child was on it. Thankfully it was baffeled inside, slowing the deflation. Which brings me to number two! Check your homeowners, these are worse than trampolines in many places, in NC especially any use of this outside of your own backyard is against the law.

Some towns and counties, in NY also require it to be fenced as a pool would if there is more than 6" of water allowed to accumulate.

But...they are fun to play on. just be sure to thoroughly dry every time. The seams need to be checked too!

I was at a store today, and saw about 5 of these huge water inflatable slide sets clearanced at 50% off. I think it was about $275, but definitely less than $300.

Two things...Save the box! We had 3 various store inflatables and 2 were worthless 1 year (meticulously cared for) the other last only 4 uses. The company did replace it, but we really had to raise h@ll about it. but finally b/c we had the box, they did replace it. The second was just as useless after a few uses. the first actually "popped" while the neighbor child was on it. Thankfully it was baffeled inside, slowing the deflation. Which brings me to number two! Check your homeowners, these are worse than trampolines in many places, in NC especially any use of this outside of your own backyard is against the law.

Some towns and counties, in NY also require it to be fenced as a pool would if there is more than 6" of water allowed to accumulate.

But...they are fun to play on. just be sure to thoroughly dry every time. The seams need to be checked too!

Wow! Usually CA is the worst about those kinds of laws. We have friends who have one and have successfully used it here 3 summers in a row. their neighbor also has one and uses it several times a week for the last 2 summers. Same brand as the one at Target. One came from Target. It helps to put a tarp under to avoid problems from below. But always smart to save the box!

Wow! Usually CA is the worst about those kinds of laws. We have friends who have one and have successfully used it here 3 summers in a row. their neighbor also has one and uses it several times a week for the last 2 summers. Same brand as the one at Target. One came from Target. It helps to put a tarp under to avoid problems from below. But always smart to save the box!

NC regulates them, inspects them yearly ($100) each a year. And requires 1,000,000 per. on insurance. They won't inspect the "toys" but they will not hesitate to fine you a few thousand if you are in a public place with them. A church in Charlotte got HUGE fines. They are a lot of fun! I am tempted to try again myself, but DH would probably strangle me!

NC regulates them, inspects them yearly ($100) each a year. And requires 1,000,000 per. on insurance. They won't inspect the "toys" but they will not hesitate to fine you a few thousand if you are in a public place with them. A church in Charlotte got HUGE fines. They are a lot of fun! I am tempted to try again myself, but DH would probably strangle me!

Wow! Really amazing! Our church has a preschool, and they use it on Wednesdays for the kids all summer. They have insurance, of course, but they don't have to get it inspected.