Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

This great find brought up a question (I've only been PPing since January.) Since baby and toys departments got a large "reset" in January and again now in July, will housewares likely be having another big "reset" soon? Thanks to all the veterans for your sage advice!

I know I found kitchen stuff in September last year. They did a reset of small appliances and some other stuff too. I knocked off a bunch of Xmas presents that way, I'm hoping for (but not counting on) the same this year. September is usually a big month because of the Back to School clearance and I think another Domestics clearance so I am usually pretty broke when it's all done.

My schedule today was hectic, but I finally got to Target around 8pm. Needless to say it was very picked over. I did find some small plastic boats and cars for $.24 each, some paperroni sets for DD and some kind of playschool ball poppin toy for the DGS. I was happy to find a few things.

I stopped at another store last night and like always, very picked over. I walked through every aisle though as things were strewn about all over the place. Found a Thomas set over next to electronics so I was very happy as I had bought several items for the girls but nothing for him! Got a few tinkerbell pixo things and the curious george game (my kids lose interest QUICK in games-that and they lose the pieces so for 5$, you can't go wrong). So, though I didn't find much, I was happy to get the Thomas set! :) Hopefully people will start returning some stuff that overbought and some cool stuff will pop up!!!

Hopefully people will start returning some stuff that overbought and some cool stuff will pop up!!!

Another question... is there any "pattern" to when Target puts returns back on the shelves? Would first thing in the mornings be the best time to search for returns to pop up? Thanks again!

Another question... is there any "pattern" to when Target puts returns back on the shelves? Would first thing in the mornings be the best time to search for returns to pop up? Thanks again!

Really depends on the store. One of my local stores gets things back out just as soon as the basket in back fills up. That seems to be the general rule. Other than that, they tend to do it overnight or first thing in the morning (stores that don't have an overnight crew start work at 4am). One local store gets all that stuff back out during the last hour before closing. So, if I am returning with the intent to re-buy, I go there just before they close and browse till they bring it out. Sometimes the employees want an item, though, so it doesn't get back out...

I don't ask anyone to scan anything anymore-the time I did the worker scanning things chewed me out for asking (and I had never asked before) I went and moved a few things closer to her in the aisle so it would get done quicker. I just wish they were a little nicer at saying no. Unfortunately, I was really having a sensitive day that day and it really hurt my feelings that a complete stranger would treat me such a way. The toy department was a GHOST TOWN. And then you have workers that will scan whatever you want (never happened for me as I have never asked again since that one time) and others say NO and are RUDE about it.......just wish it was either yes or no for everyone...... Edited by 1angelnhvn

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/KatieLynn011/001-1.jpg

Here is a picture of some of my 75% off toys! The rest of the toys I already put in storage!

Plus I met my second gottadealer! Hi again! Thanks for giving my son a lollipop - he enjoyed it!

Do you have the ASIN number for this? what a great deal!

###070012068 Pyrex 10 piece pots and pans set

That is the only number I have on my receipt. And I may have to officially declare this to be the BEST thing I've ever gotten on clearance at Target (possibly tied with our grill that I got last year at 75% off). These pans are really good quality...heavy and solid and it comes with every pan you may need! I love the clear lids...so you can see what is happening in there without taking the lid off.

I hope someone else finds these...there were two at my store in the morning and when I went back in the afternoon the second set was gone, too.

You guys have much better toys available! I feel like my store has been raided, along with the remodel. I picked up some matchbox sets at 75% off, but it's hard - my friend's son is turning 3, so there aren't a lot of age appropriate toys available for him. I got him something that's rated 4+ but I think he's smart enough not to put the toys in his mouth.

Does anyone know anything about the Fisher Price Cool School computer thingy? I bought two of them. What exactly do you do with them? Looks like a keyboard, etc. Are there CD's that you buy separate from them? I looked above and there were several empty hooks with clearance tags..but nothing on them..so don't know what exactly was hanging there. I'd hate to give these as gifts if they are being discontinued or you cant find the extra's to it.

Naughty, naughty - to all of you! You all are forcing me to go back again, 3rd trip, to check out what the toys are at today at my local Targets. Ugh! :gdparanoid: So far they had only been at 50%, maybe, just maybe I'll get lucky!

Does anyone know anything about the Fisher Price Cool School computer thingy? I bought two of them. What exactly do you do with them? Looks like a keyboard, etc. Are there CD's that you buy separate from them? I looked above and there were several empty hooks with clearance tags..but nothing on them..so don't know what exactly was hanging there. I'd hate to give these as gifts if they are being discontinued or you cant find the extra's to it.

I don't know anything about it, but I almost bought two, as well...then I saw that there were other discs, and I didn't want to get into that whole thing, where you might not be able to find them, making the toy basically useless, aside from the one disc it comes with...

Amazon's site has a little video about it. I researched it when I saw it at 50%-- I ended up not getting it b/c we have so many other toys that do similar things. Here's the link, scroll down the page and the video is in the center. There are lots of reviews to give you good and bad perspectives too. I research a lot of items on Amazon b/c so many people do post reviews there. I returned a bubble machine and a remote control car from Target's toy clearance after I got home and found they had bad reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Fun-2-Learn-Computer-Cool-School/dp/B0015KVW56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1280513579&sr=8-1

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/KatieLynn011/001-1.jpg

Here is a picture of some of my 75% off toys! The rest of the toys I already put in storage!

Plus I met my second gottadealer! Hi again! Thanks for giving my son a lollipop - he enjoyed it!

AHHHHH - YOU GOT MY DEVASTATOR!!! Super jealous! :)

I almost bought one too but I called DH from the store and he looked up reviews and we decided against it. While it's pretty cheap, he felt she was still too young and a lot of people said that it was more fun than educational. I was hoping for the educational angle. I did see discs for it, so I do think you need to get some discs to have extra activities. But it should come with something in the starter pack.

I went to my final Target, the one closest to me, today. What a nightmare as it is being remodeled and they moved the entire section of toys. But left most of the clearance toys in the old section. People were ravaging it. There really wasn't much left that I would be interested in. I saw someone with the nesting blocks - URGH! Beat me to the last one. I just have to accept that it wasn't in the cards to get it this year. We will be in NJ area tomorrow but after reading some blogs and forums, I doubt there is anything left in that state -- soo many resellers clearing the shelves entirely.

I picked up a bunch of random little things like Thomas and Imaginex and Trios. I was going to get the Knex and the lone Circo dinosaur infant toy but ended up putting them all back. I saw the play grill there but it was just too big for me to carry home and we don't even have a backyard. They had a lot of outdoor toys left from the infant swings, to other FP and Little Tykes games, they also had a FP bubble mower. And DOH - I found tons of unsold sports balls and playground balls from summer clearance that I couldn't find at summer clearance and wanted so badly, but they wouldn't sell it to me for less than regular price. I returned MLP stuff.

### Little Mermaid Special Edition Figurine Set $2.48

### Ernie Collect-A-Pal $0.78

### Fisher Price Melody Push Chime Keychain $0.98

### Fisher Price Rock-a-Stack Keychain $0.98

### Disney Cool-Bake Magic Oven Refill Pack $1.72

### Fisher Price Games Ice Cream Scoops of Fun $2.24

### Trio Fire Rescue Squad $1.98

### Imaginext Mr Freeze $0.98

### Thomas Take and Play $1.44

### Thomas Bryon $1.24

Btw - someone posted that their Thomas Windmill Set was only $9.98 or something. It was $12.48 when I got it yesterday. $2.48 difference - dang!! Could have gotten a lot of extra toys with that.

I went to a Target yesterday and was able to pick up some great deals, went to the one closer to me today assuming that as usual by the time I actually had the chance to get there everything would be gone...but to my AMAZING shock they had SOOOOO much good toys left!! I called my mom to come and help me because I was in toy overload! Pretty much everything I was able to get has been posted but I must share my most exciting find...my DS asked for this item last year and because of the price Santa had to leave it off of his sleigh...however this year Santa's going to be the HERO!! I was able to find the Star Wars Clone Wars Captain Rex Voice changer helmet! Originally $50.00, I got it today for $10.00!!! It was the only one in the store and I almost bought it at 30% off, but held off again because of the price. I thought for sure someone would have picked up already, but thanks to the tag being wrong it didn't show that it was actually marked down to the 75% off. Can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning!! Oh Christmas get here soon please!! :D:D

I went to a Target yesterday and was able to pick up some great deals, went to the one closer to me today assuming that as usual by the time I actually had the chance to get there everything would be gone...but to my AMAZING shock they had SOOOOO much good toys left!! I called my mom to come and help me because I was in toy overload! Pretty much everything I was able to get has been posted but I must share my most exciting find...my DS asked for this item last year and because of the price Santa had to leave it off of his sleigh...however this year Santa's going to be the HERO!! I was able to find the Star Wars Clone Wars Captain Rex Voice changer helmet! Originally $50.00, I got it today for $10.00!!! It was the only one in the store and I almost bought it at 30% off, but held off again because of the price. I thought for sure someone would have picked up already, but thanks to the tag being wrong it didn't show that it was actually marked down to the 75% off. Can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning!! Oh Christmas get here soon please!! :D:D

Thats the hardest part of buying all the toys so early- waiting until Christmas to give it to them!

My dd5 has one, I bought it for her when they first came out. You have to hook it up to your computer. It comes with one disc and then you buy separate disks with different themes such as Scooby Doo, sponge bob, Clifford, Dora and Diego...each theme has different activities

Gosh... I've been to 3 different targets in my area and didn't see the Pyrex set that was previously posted... I went the day it was posted.... I wonder if it's a set they found in the back... Desperately need one and I'm feeling frustrated I can't find it anywhere.

I think the pyrex set was a lucky buy. I looked too, and I looked online at target and other retailers, can't find anything close :(

Ugh...I'm sorry no one else can find them! They had been sitting there on the shelf getting marked down for a month or so and there were two of them at this store, but maybe it was just a fluke thing. I will say that this store sometimes has wacky markdowns...like when they marked down the Disney Princess shoes to 75% about a month before any other store marked them at all. I guess I will count myself lucky!

I think the pyrex set was a lucky buy. I looked too, and I looked online at target and other retailers, can't find anything close :(

It looks like one of the sets that they carry around Christmas. Maybe her store just found some in the back that were missed? I couldn't find it online but haven't has a chance to check my store yet. I'm not holding out too much hope for it though, but if I do find it I will be super thrilled!!

This is my first toy clearance experience.. I bought all these toys for my 3 month old DD..

###Circo Alphabet Blocks - 3.74

###Playskool Explore N Grow Tumble n Twirl Top - 4.98

###FP Count n Build Snail Pail - 4.98

###FP Stirde to Ride Lion- 11.XX

###Toy Story 3 Barbie - 3.98

###Our Generation Shoe Collection Set - 5.12

###Princess Tiana's Serving set- 5.12

###FP Cool Computer - 13.74

###FP nihao Cell phone - 2.48

###Little Tikes Beach Ball 88 inches connects to hose - 2.98

###FP Smart Fit Park - 11.24

###V Tech TV leaning system - 9.98

###v Tech Disney Laptop - 4.98

###Couple of FP Cool Computer CD's - 4.98 each

I was the first one to arrive at the store and found most of the toys at 75% off.

Edited by Gator Pam
edited for listing on perimeterperusing.com

At my closest store yesterday they had obviously found some BTS stuff from last year, there were a handful of backpacks and spiral-bound notebooks marked 75% off on an endcap.

Rechecked the toys and the whole department was decimated: empty aisles, stuff piled up by the scanners (from people checking prices and abandoning full-priced items), and all I saw left were Chixos, Moonsand, and water toys.

does the toy clearence ever go down to 90 percent?

I've never known of it to go 90%. They usually salvage it a week or so after it goes 75%. In my experience the only thing to go 90% is holiday stuff. I have found the occasional random item at 85%, but not often.

Okay I am kinda new to the clearance cycle and I am shocked how different stores so close together clearance completely different things. Anyway...If something is 30% off today does that mean if it is there it will go 50% off next thursday when they do their closeout marking and 75% off the following week? Also if something is clearanced at one Target is it inevitable that it will be at another as well? Thanks for all of your help glad I found you guys!