Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Anyone think 90% on Valentine's tomorrow? I have to pass by Target tomorrow anyway so I'm going to go check, but was just wondering if anyone else thought that it might go? In 08 they did 75% on the same date as they did this year, and 90 was on the 20th, so here's hoping! If not then I'll probably miss it.

Thanks for the text yesterday! Sorry I didn't respond! It's been a crazy week!!!

when in doubt - scan it. It will say in the upper right hand corner of the screen - $5 gift card promo.

Unfortunately this doesn't always work. When they were running the Axe gift card promotion none of my stores' scanners showed the gift card promotion yet I did get the $5 gift card with purchase.

I am so irrate with Target. (sorry I don't post much, but always read) Valentines stuff going 90%! I went bright and early to one of the local targets that has good stock still, and the stuff was still marked 75%. I asked a young associate if it was going 90% today and he said yes TODAY, but it hadn't been marked yet. I shopped and loaded up my cart and get to the register with major resistance. The store mgr came over and wouldn't give me 90% he said the sign says 75% and that is what he is sticking too. I was so mad, i spend a fortune in that store weekly. Can I complain to corporate? They should have honored the fact that I was told 90%, just not marked yet. That manager was an idiot!!!!!!

I am so irrate with Target. (sorry I don't post much, but always read) Valentines stuff going 90%! I went bright and early to one of the local targets that has good stock still, and the stuff was still marked 75%. I asked a young associate if it was going 90% today and he said yes TODAY, but it hadn't been marked yet. I shopped and loaded up my cart and get to the register with major resistance. The store mgr came over and wouldn't give me 90% he said the sign says 75% and that is what he is sticking too. I was so mad, i spend a fortune in that store weekly. Can I complain to corporate? They should have honored the fact that I was told 90%, just not marked yet. That manager was an idiot!!!!!!

If it wasn't marked 90%, why would you expect them to do it? Just because some young employee thought it was doesn't mean he had any clue what he was talking about. The store has no control over it whatsoever. The markdown for holiday merchandise comes through corporate and happens when it happens. It doesn't even happen at the same time from store to store. They don't get a notice or anything, from what I've been told, they just know approximately when to expect it, and they change the signs when it goes. It would be insanity to honor the word of some kid working for the store. He has no authority.

If it wasn't marked 90%, why would you expect them to do it? Just because some young employee thought it was doesn't mean he had any clue what he was talking about. The store has no control over it whatsoever. The markdown for holiday merchandise comes through corporate and happens when it happens. It doesn't even happen at the same time from store to store. They don't get a notice or anything, from what I've been told, they just know approximately when to expect it, and they change the signs when it goes. It would be insanity to honor the word of some kid working for the store. He has no authority.

I thought it was 90%. He said it was being marked, they just hadn't done it yet. Call me stupid, I guess, but I thought that meant I could get it for 90%. Of course I loaded my cart, spent 30 min perusing......my mistake! I just firmly believe that the store should have honored the employees comment. Call it 'good customer service.'

Oh and the guy that said it was being marked today, scanned the merchandise on his scanner and said "valentines is going 90%, we just haven't got it marked yet." I still firmly believe that they should have honored the 90%, or I should have been told....'come back later when we mark it 90%'. the anger, comes from the way i was treated by the mgr when I went to check out....as if i was trying to get something for free, when all i wanted was what i was told. Lesson learned, i guess, in regards to the dealings with Target. :tongue1:

Oh and the guy that said it was being marked today, scanned the merchandise on his scanner and said "valentines is going 90%, we just haven't got it marked yet." I still firmly believe that they should have honored the 90%, or I should have been told....'come back later when we mark it 90%'. the anger, comes from the way i was treated by the mgr when I went to check out....as if i was trying to get something for free, when all i wanted was what i was told. Lesson learned, i guess, in regards to the dealings with Target. :tongue1:

They don't mark it manually, so that doesn't make a lot of sense. And, only the markdown team can use the scanners to determine whether it will be going down, and they don't work on Saturdays. All sounds rather odd. But if you don't want to shop at Target over the whole thing, then I am sure the others in your area that shop clearance will be just as glad to get what is left. ;) If he said it is "going" 90% but not that it "is" 90%, I think would have simply asked when? I can't really fault the manager, he was just doing his job, and if he had to honor what any employee said he thought was going to happen, then he'd have bigger problems on his hands.

Found them @ lewisville super target..actually the ladies were marking those in front of me...

TY for the info on drapery clearance. It turns out West Plano was just a little late marking theirs down. But I did go to the Lewisville SuperT (121@Main/Josey) and it is a very nice store! I found some good kitchen and bath markdowns AND the drapery I was looking for, so thanks.

Lesson learned...NEVER believe what an employee tells you is "going" to happen. They have no idea in almost all cases and I think some of them just make stuff up to throw you off so THEY can grab the merchandise when it does get marked down. Trust me, that has happened to me before.

Target doesn't have to honor what any employee says to you, so if it's marked at 75% off and scans at 75% off, then that is what you will pay.

It sucks that you were treated rudely and I would have been mad, too, but at least now you know that in the future, never ever believe what a random employee says to you about clearance.

PS...Holiday clearance doesn't have to be individually marked down, so my guess is that if it wasn't already ringing up at 90% off, it is NOT going to be marked down today. I'm pretty sure it's just a one key press for the manager/markdown team, and they almost always do it before the store opens in my experience.

Sorry about your experience!

Lesson learned...NEVER believe what an employee tells you is "going" to happen. They have no idea in almost all cases and I think some of them just make stuff up to throw you off so THEY can grab the merchandise when it does get marked down. Trust me, that has happened to me before.

Agree with this. The same goes for calling a store to ask about pricing/availability. Sometimes it will be helpful and you will get correct information; more often, you will get misinformation or will alert the employees to a bargain that they can stash/score for themselves. It happens all the time, especially for highly desirable items like TVs, bikes, toys, etc.

Target doesn't have to honor what any employee says to you, so if it's marked at 75% off and scans at 75% off, then that is what you will pay.

It sucks that you were treated rudely and I would have been mad, too, but at least now you know that in the future, never ever believe what a random employee says to you about clearance.

PS...Holiday clearance doesn't have to be individually marked down, so my guess is that if it wasn't already ringing up at 90% off, it is NOT going to be marked down today. I'm pretty sure it's just a one key press for the manager/markdown team, and they almost always do it before the store opens in my experience.

Sorry about your experience!

Thank you for your understanding. i was livid and yes I am an avid clearance shopper. Quite honestly, i am a big shopper in general and i get a kick off finding deals and clearance. the way i was treated was not what i expected. I know now! but i thank you for understanding. hee hee I will still shop Target! I have been watching and using this website for years. ;)

kguthrie...I see now that you are in Shawnee...which store were you at when this happened? I'm in KC, too...I usually shop Ward Parkway and the Mission store. Ward Parkway employees never know anything about clearance (and they are the ones that I always see taking the clearance items for themselves), but I've found some pretty friendly/knowledgable employees at the Mission store. But it all depends on who you get.

I'm wondering if any KC area stores went to 90% today. I couldn't make it out, but if the snow/sleet/rain/blah isn't too bad I may try tomorrow. There isn't too much I want/need but I'd love to find some of the things I got at 75% off at the better price!

I picked up this duvet cover -

###060070442 Fieldcrest® Luxury Jacquard Duvet - Red normally 99.99 for 24.98 its still 99.99 on Target's site.

Side Note I didn't say before its a Queen size , they also had the king size one. I dont know the SKU for 27.98

Edited by Kandy

Valentine's was still at 75% at my store today, but $ spot had gone to 75% even though it was still signed 50%. My daughter begged and begged for the little packs of 2 charms, but I wasn't paying $1 for that! I felt so lucky today when I found 3 different sets of them for .25, and then felt even more lucky when I found the bracelet to go with them wedged between the back of the shelf and the wall on the bottom shelf!! Now she's happy as pie that she has an entire set.

Didn't see it listed, but I FINALLY found my mother a sewing machine on clearance at Target last night! Just in time for her bd next Sunday.

###072120255 - $70.98 (Reg. 141.99) 50% off.

http://www.target.com/Brother-Sewing-Machine-XL3750/dp/B000VGAMU6/sr=1-8/qid=1266755046/ref=sr_1_8/190-0186303-5730503?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Asewing%20machine&page=1

Edited by Gator Pam

Didn't see it listed, but I FINALLY found my mother a sewing machine on clearance at Target last night! Just in time for her bd next Sunday.

072120255 - $70.98 (Reg. 141.99) 50% off.

http://www.target.com/Brother-Sewing-Machine-XL3750/dp/B000VGAMU6/sr=1-8/qid=1266755046/ref=sr_1_8/190-0186303-5730503?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Asewing%20machine&page=1

I just saw this yesterday but it was only 30%. I'd love to get one at 75% but will consider 50%. I don't actually sew more than buttons and stitching up tears but for 75%, I'd give it a try...lol

kguthrie...I see now that you are in Shawnee...which store were you at when this happened? I'm in KC, too...I usually shop Ward Parkway and the Mission store. Ward Parkway employees never know anything about clearance (and they are the ones that I always see taking the clearance items for themselves), but I've found some pretty friendly/knowledgable employees at the Mission store. But it all depends on who you get.

I'm wondering if any KC area stores went to 90% today. I couldn't make it out, but if the snow/sleet/rain/blah isn't too bad I may try tomorrow. There isn't too much I want/need but I'd love to find some of the things I got at 75% off at the better price!

I live out in west shawnee and normally I go to the Target off Smpkwy and 435, however their selection is very minimal. target at Legends, has a large selection at all holidays, so normally i go there for the clearance. It isn't as picked over. My issue happened at the Target at Legends, by the Kansas Speedway. The mgr was a complete Jerk to me, and it started because the checker was rude first and he backed her. Yes I like the Mission store, and have shopped there lots. sunday morning and I am trying to talk my hubby into driving me up to the Legends store again this morning. Nasty streets, but i want 90%. :)

Exton, PA - Valentines was 90% off yesterday. Candy 75% off. I am event director for a Girl Scout Carnival we're having next month, so I bought several med-large Teddy bears ranging from 49-99 cents each! I also got 16 count packages of platic heart bracelets for 19 cents, and although the bagged candy was 75%, any candy I. Heart shaped boxes was 90%, so I got several boxes of Hershery kisses for 49cents each!

I'm afraid I've come down with a horrible cold/sore throat, but I might still try to get to the Oaks and Limeric Targets today -- although they may not have anything left!

###Valentines Day 90% off in north DFW - - Candy 75% off

###Red dot "Dollar Spot" 75% off in north DFW

Found Incredibles Zippy sandwich bag/snack bag combos (10 each per pouch - total of 20) for .25. Never seen the character bags in snack sizes, but very pleased as we use the snack size baggies all the time for small lunch bag items. Red dollar spot was scattered all over the place, so keep looking! I initially thought that there were only two bins left, but scored a basket full of goodies that were scattered throughout the dollar area. Good day at Target and worth getting out in all the rain.

Also, found a few more $1 boxes of the Hefty gallon bags (all with the peelies in tact). When I went to check out, I told the clerk to leave the peelies on because I had some MQs for $1 of 2 that would make the bags cheaper, and the very helpful clerk said that I could use both!! Sure enough, she scanned the MQs AND the .20 off peelies making each box 30 cents each!!!