Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Kinda silly to make a pet shop game for kids 9 and older (IMO). It just doesn't seem like their audience exactly. However, maybe it's a really cool game. Or, maybe younger kids can play in some modified form.

Oh well, it was cheap. Unless someone has awful things to say about it, I'll probably just keep it.

Here's what I found at Amazon if this is the right thing, all I can say is my 14 YO cousin still had these on her christmas list? Seems like a childish thing but who knows:) If I'd seen this earlier I may have picked one up for her if in stock.

See reviews on amazon, it appears to be a mall type setting with electronic cash register so maybe buying stuff for pets? I remember playing something once years ago same idea but just a mall.

http://www.amazon.com/Littlest-Pet-ShopMall-Madness-Shop/dp/B001R691M4/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1263662429&sr=8-15

I found a Christmas Story Train set along with a track expander set and bought a wooden lionel train set in case I can't get the other Christmas Story One. I was playing with the little einstein vtech laptop last night and it seems too complicated for little ones.

thanks to whoever posted the dcpi locator in 3rd quarter 09 :) just type in zip code and either dcpi or the other number which you can get from website.

http://services.rivernorthdesign.com/target/

Interesting, I've tried with about 20 different DPCIs, and it has not worked in months. Tried again today. Same thing.

Just curious - do you all buy these toys at clearance to save for next xmas, to give away as birthday gifts, resell, all of the above??? No judging, I just want to know. :-) Even if at the low price my husband would freak if I broughtall that stuff home ;-) I also have nowhere to store it.... :-(

Just curious - do you all buy these toys at clearance to save for next xmas, to give away as birthday gifts, resell, all of the above??? No judging, I just want to know. :-) Even if at the low price my husband would freak if I broughtall that stuff home ;-) I also have nowhere to store it.... :-(

i bought toys for next christmas! =)

last year i brought for christmas for a few of my nieces, nephews, and some friend's kids. also for birthday's during the year. this year i went late (today) and just let my dd's pick out a toy for themselves (they got report cards yesterday and they were great so that was part of their reward). toys were too cleared out for me to shop for bdays and christmas this year :(

I buy for Christmas, birthdays, Easter, gift closet and donations!

My kids get invited to a lot of b'day parties so I plan ahead and buy age appropriate toys to give as gifts; I also buy for my kids' b'day, Easter, Christmas, etc. It saves us so much money AND I don't have to run out and buy a last minute gift! :)

I buy for us to have or to give, not to resell. I have 3 kids, and they are getting old enough to be invited to birthday parties. It's nice to have good gifts to give without breaking the bank. As a rule I spend $10 or less on friend birthdays, but I love to give something worth keeping.

I usually know who a gift is going to before I buy it, but will sometimes pick up extras just to add to the gift closet. I bought 5 footballs at 75%, have assigned 4 to specific kids, and have an extra on hand just because it is hard to go wrong with a football. As for my kids, I have most of their birthdays and Christmas covered, along with their cousins and close friends. I really didn't have to buy much for my kids last Christmas. I was able to shop in my toy stash and spent under $500 on gifts for 32 people, including what I spent on the toys and clothes when they were purchased.

I just went to the Buckhead (Atlanta) Target at Sidney Marcus. There was still a decent selection of clearance toys, surprisingly. I found two Christmas Story trains (one in the regular-price LEGO aisle), one pink wooden kitchen for $32.xx (box was DESTROYED though), one Tonka ride-on up high near the regular-priced ride-on toys, Patches the Rocking Horse for $7.xx up high above puzzles, plenty of My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, board games, yard games, and probably more I'm not remembering. I didn't buy any of this stuff so it's definitely worth checking out if you didn't get your fix yesterday :)

Also, on an endcap in the kitchen department I found a Wilton dinosaur muffin pan and another on an endcap near stationery/party supplies. Left both of those, too.

Saw all of this around 1:30 PM on Saturday. Post if you're able to track down any of this stuff!

My son is 2 and last year we went to 11 birthday parties so most of what I buy is for his birthday, Christmas, and for his friends birthday parties. Heck he isn't even in daycare that's just his friends from playgroup and our neighborhood. We are expecting #2 in June so I did buy lots of toys for Christmas gifts for the baby too. I also have 4 nieces and nephews under 10 that I still buy present for (over 10 we don't do it anymore, I have an additional 7 above 10 and you have to cut it off somewhere. That's what happens when you are the youngest of 6 siblings, they all have kids and pretty soon you have a large group to buy for.) I spent a bit over $500 and none of it is for resale. If I can find $30-$40 toys that I can get at 75% off I am happy to give them as gifts and not feel like a cheapskate at a party when they open it! Most of our friends spend in that range for a gift and I always want to give a gift that would have cost similar at full price.

Last year I did buy some to resell but the selection was larger and there were more of each item so I didn't mind buy 2 of some things and selling 1 on Craiglist to offset the cost of the one I was keeping. I spent around $1000 last year and sold $200 worth (bought at 75% off and sold them at 50% off retail) made $200 on the ones I sold so I ended up paying $600 for $3200 worth of toys. What I still had in my toy closet before Christmas that I wasn't going to use I donated to Toys for Tots.

I also buy for MY family (sister, g'parents) to give to our kiddos for gifts. They love that all they have to do it buy it from me (cheap), wrap it and they don't have to struggle with what to give my kids. Also, in their cases, they do not live anywhere close to a major city and don't have access to get gifts at very good prices. So, they are just thrilled about it!! (I don't do it for my inlaws, just my parents and sister.)

(...and I have a bit more control over them giving our kids a toy/gift that we already have.)

I also used to buy a few things to resell... help to cover the costs of my own kids' gifts, but it's hard to find the time to do that anymore with 3 kids. Plus, the toy aisle kind of tires me out anymore. :yawn:

If you missed out on most of the toys at 75% off take a look at Kohls right now. Today I found a few items that were cheaper then what I bought at Target. Not a large selection but most of the VTech toys were 70% off and using the $5 coupon you get for signing up for their email list I was able to get the Vtech Move and Crawl Ball for $.42, Vtech Light Up Learning Camera for $.42, and the Baby Alive Real Suprises with bonus food and diapers for $12.00 (reg $55 I think). Each seperate transactions and used 1 $5 coupon on each. Now I can return over $24 worth of stuff to Target.

Hope that helps.

My Target had a really poor selection of clearance toys this year. Majority was girl and toddler toys.

I did buy a 3 piece plastic camping cook utensil set on a ring for $3.24. The golf items were on sale and got my husband a golf glove for $2.84. Since this is Buffalo Bills territory, the jerseys and t's are on clearance but I got a better kids/mens/household selection in Kmart

This is my first year buying toys this early but I am happy that I was able to get a lot of bargains from Target. I bought for just-in-case birthday parties we might have to attend, I got some for my kids birthdays which was late December, February, and April, and this year I have 12 neices and nephews ages 6 and under, 2 of my kids are ages 4 and under, and that does not include the older kids. The other parent's always buy Christmas gifts for my kids so it feels wrong if we don't get their kids anything. I love that this coming Christmas will be an easy year with less stress because most of my shopping is done.

I go overboard but mostly for family bdays and christmas. If I see something I like can keep a little longer for the price. The Christmas Story Trains I wanted were for nephew and godson. Manged one and a wooden set so need to decide who to give it to :( but I found so much else I wasn't expecting.

Does anyone have children with the playskool blockster animals? I bought some but am thinking might return them. I thought they'd make sounds etc but website makes them see kinda boring.

If anyone is still missing any of the smart cycle games/cartridge things let me know. i bought some but never saw the cycle so plan on returning them tomorrow otherwise. I think I have sponge bob, cars and scoby doo.

My store in gibsonton florida was almost completely gone by this afternoon. Clearance toys were down to half an aisle. ( I couldnt get there until today) So I was a bit bummed but I did get the na ho kailan doll my dd wanted..so I was glad abbout that. I couldnt find any kitchen clearance!! I got a bunch at Walmart already anyway..glad to see the great finds every1 found!

Roswell NM had all toys 75% except the target brand (5/10/20/ toys they were still 50% and seperated to another aisle by outdoors stuff...) off but I bet by the time I left everything was GONE, people were going bonkers. This was yesterday.

There were also two girls in outdoors marking down some camping stuff, I didn't need anything so I didn't look at what...

I also buy for MY family (sister, g'parents) to give to our kiddos for gifts. They love that all they have to do it buy it from me (cheap), wrap it and they don't have to struggle with what to give my kids. Also, in their cases, they do not live anywhere close to a major city and don't have access to get gifts at very good prices. So, they are just thrilled about it!! (I don't do it for my inlaws, just my parents and sister.)

:

I do the same thing! I love to share my good finds with my family. It help them afford nice gifts for my kids.

I buy for gifts...I'm nearly done with the extended family for next Christmas, I have birthday gifts for my neighbors 2 little ones. I like to give a nice gift, but I also like being a SAHM to our DD. Shopping ahead, on clearance helps me do both. I also give several items to Toys for Tots each year. We have the storage space, so it makes sense to buy on clearance and store it. It also makes the holidays much less stressful!

I buy for gifts...the problem is, I end up with so much, it's hard to keep track of it, and when I buy stuff for like next Christmas (which I seem to do every January), I can't remember who it was for, or I have temporarily forgotten about it, and then when I come across it, I've already bought SO much stuff, so then I've REALLY bought too much!

Thanks for the feedback, like I said before, I am very impressed. So if I go Monday - do you all will there be anything left? Should I expect my stores to also be 75% - or are some still at 50%? I could think of a few bday gifts I will need in the near future....

Thanks for the feedback, like I said before, I am very impressed. So if I go Monday - do you all will there be anything left? Should I expect my stores to also be 75% - or are some still at 50%? I could think of a few bday gifts I will need in the near future....

I'm not in your area but it really just depends. Some people have reported that some toys are still at 50% and others said they have all gone to 75%. I'd say if your store went to 75% off on Friday, then by Monday, there probably isn't much left. I went to a 3rd store today in my area and of the 3 aisles, there was almost nothing left except broken toys and a few other odds and ends. All the good stuff was definitely long gone. It's really hard to say what will be left or when it went to 75% off without either someone going to the store. Good luck! It gets addicting.

I buy for baby showers, Christmas and birthday parties that my DD gets invited to. It really helps to save money.