Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

The 38th Street store is still 30 and 50. THey were just starting on the big stuff like table games etc and I couldn't wait any longer..... :(

Oh that is too bad. :(:(:( I was there at 9 and they had JUST started to mark things down. I was surprised too since they usually have things marked down first thing! I hope you got some good deals. And how cool!! We're neighbors!! :)

Haven't had time to check replies, but I haven't seen anyone mention this...my score was the FP Smart Cycle Extreme for $22.xx...my kids already have the original, so this will be a b-day gift for my nephew in December, when he turns 2...at that price, I had to figure out who I could buy it for! It was the last one there...bought quite a few other things, most of which I can't remember...Oh, Playskool Clip-O tables for $8.xx...

If anyone needs DPCIs, I will check back later and try to get them on here...

Was the climb n slide the climb n slide castle?? That has a castle look to it??

Hi,yes it does have a castle look to it..was going off the receipt description. It was not in the clearance..no tag,but remembered that the small slide was on clearance and decided to scan it.. It was up top with the bigger items

I don't have my receipt right next to me but there was a little tikes golf set a few aisles over towards the sporting goods that also went 75 off, no one was even looking in those aisles. There was also a little tikes t-ball/auto-pitcher set next to it that went 75% off. The golf set was $6.xx.

I was able to find some great deals. My favorite finds were the sheet sets in varying sizes for $5.98 each. Although they were part of the holiday sheet sets, I was able to find them in stripes (perfect for boys) and pastel polka dots (perfect for girls) and they did not look holiday like at all. The kids are already using them. I also got great deals on clothes. Dresses size 4 $2+ each, polos for older boys for $2+ each, mens pajama pants for $2+, and a 3 piece pajama set for me for $5+. I got more toys and other deals but the receipt is in the room with all the goodies. I am having fun this year with Target sales.

I went to another store and wow - everything was pretty picked over as I expected. They had tons of stuff at 50% when I went last week, so I suspected that if I didn't get there at opening time there was no way I could get it - it includes the Little Tykes Slide, the Castle thingy - they had one aisle that was completely cleared except maybe 6 small toys. Then they still had 2 aisles of toys - much of which was a few of the exact same toy over and over. That imaginex set is still there and plentiful, the My Little Pony Princess set (the pink one) very plentiful, the Circo turtle stackers, and other bigger kid toys. I saw the Spongebox Cranium but since I have no age-appropriate kiddos for it, I passed and I don't have the cpn. I did manage to snag some last of it's kind things --

###086020618 Precious Places Masquerade Ball $1.48

###086021943 My Little Pony Starsong $1.72

###204100340 Circo Cash Register $7.48

###204100341 Circo Musical Band $4.98

###204000342 Circo Turtle Stackers

Non toys - I found the Hanes Pants for $0.98. And the Christmas book for $0.98. I also found a candle that says "2" - perfect for DD's 2nd birthday later this year. It was the only one there and just the number I was looking for. LOL Or maybe I have this candle already!

###261050398 Candle 2 $0.26

I spent another $30.16 - and $2.12 of it was the sales tax. DH loves the turtle stackers and I like the cash register. It was laying on its side and the box was slightly ripped but it seems to work fine. I may go to another store after the baby shower tomorrow as I have to drive to another area that's 30 minutes away. It's a very popular shopping area so I imagine there will be nothing left. I really want those parent toys (I saw one top one, but it wasn't working right) so I passed on it.

I saw more Baby items for 30% off - Bright Start (is that the brand) - the chairs, mobiles, blankets, gerber stuff -- all are at 30% only. Most of the baby clothing was still 30% as well.

Thank you for everyone who posted there finds, this is really 100% better than I had originally hoped for - esp those who got the register! :) In total I spent about $50 today and have not shopped at a single drug store in favor of target.

jpk1102: that is so nice of you, I love the pay it forward and wish more people did that, you are awesome! Shannon: I hope you're surgery went well and you are feeling okay. :fluffy:

Chicagomama, thanks for your kudos about the Pay it Forward - it just seemed like the right thing to do for a fellow GD'er. We are all so fortunate, and truly blessed. Even when life is tough, you can always find a ray of sunshine in the kindness of others. I feel privledged to help in a a very, very small way. Does my heart good. What's that they say about feeling so great when you give?

I hope anyone with any extra Smart Cycle games will help Shannon out. I don't know what her medical problems are, but just the thought of three "head" surgeries in 3 months must be overwhelming.

Take care everyone. Life is short, and precious. You can make a difference.

Almost forgot - Houston area GDers - on my drive down from Fort Worth, I stopped at the Conroe/Hunstville Target on I45. Believe it or not, they still had toys left! Found a few more things I was hunting for. So anyone in Houston looking for toys might try there first thing in the morning. I was in the store around 8:45 tonight.....

ALSO found Avent 8 oz bottle 2 Pack, normally $19.99, on sale for $9.98. My daughter and niece are both expecting so I bought 7 pkgs. But don't worry, there were about 8 left if anyone needs any. The single bottles were also half price. Great deal!!!!!

You're very welcome! I always send a mass family and friend text so it was no problem. Plus it was fun to meet someone else from this board!!

I meant to ask you this morning, but are you from Decatur? I'm from Somerville, but we are in the process of purchasing a house in Hartselle.

Hey, do you do Facebook? I do a lot of updates of my finds on there if you want to find me on there http://www.facebook.com/Timswife81404?ref=profile

I went back tonight after we hit H'ville. There wasn't hardly ANYTHING left!

All the rest of the St. Louis area Targets went 75% off today...only thing that hasn't been mentioned that I got as well as a bunch of the same as everyone else was the Bratz Bilingual Laptop and the VTech Nitro Notebook, both for $12.xx...as well as a VTech VSmile Cyber Pocket in pink for $14.xx...all in all got tons of toys and am done w/the nephews/nieces for Christmas as my kiddos are older and more into the electronics..did manage to "relocate" 2 of the 7 inch Pandigital picture frames which were on clearance for 50% off!!

No one has been able to answer this authoritatively. I have asked Target employees, and they don't know either. The best guess I've heard on another forum is "Not Carried Forward."

I was told by a manager at Target that it means "Not Carried Forward" which basically means it's not merchandise they will continue to carry in their stores.

I dont know if anyone noticed but at a Super Target they also had bike items 75% off. This included kids helmets for 4.98, Dora Scooters for only 6.24 (we bought several as gifts) as our son loved the Spiderman scooter and we paid 30 for it last year. They has Spiderman roller Skates for 4.98 too.

We also picked up Spike, Little Mommy dolls, Sorry, My Little Pony, and another 200 worth of stuff all at 75% off.

FYI, the bike items I mentioned in the above post were all found yesterday when my stores dropped their toys to 75%. Im hoping someone can find some of these items, though the only place we saw them was at a Super Target, the other stores had their bike stuff only at 50%.

I was told by a manager at Target that it means "Not Carried Forward" which basically means it's not merchandise they will continue to carry in their stores.

Well, there you go. Confirmation from 2 sites. The other site was a Cars Toys collecting site, so 2 unrelated people say the same.

Did you get it at 75% off? I bought one at 50% off and as far as I know, none of the Legos are 75% off around here.

Yes, $11.98 for the set. It is interesting because I punched in the numbers of the large Power Miners sets, which I was hoping to return and re-buy, but it was still showing 50%. I will try again this morning to see if it got marked at the end of the day.

For those looking for housewares, they are starting to mark down the Paula Deen...I found a great small sauce pan, with a copper bottom really heavy weight for $20, originally $29. I don't need it, but you might want to keep an eye on them. Just FYI I bought some Cuisinart frying pans at TJMaxx that are fabulous...I wanted one for the color--rasberry that matches my kitchen--but we loved it, so I went back and bought two more. No lids, but those are seriously great frying pans.

The Orange, CA Target on Tustin Ave had not marked down the toys as of yesterday afternoon. I did buy a jewelry armoire for DD--cherry to match her bedroom, originally $129, we got it for $32. Great find, large drawers, lots of places to hang neckaces. Who knows, I may even see the top of her dresser sometime soon.;)

Just wanted to add to this that not just any employee with a PDA can do this. Most all of them have PDAs, but ONLY the pricing team's PDAs will adjust the price down. So when looking for one with a PDA make sure they have a PDA and a printer either attached to their belt or in a buggy near them. At least that's how it is at my store, because I've taken the same item to a regular team member with a PDA and they scanned it and said the price was correct. Then I found a pricing team member and they scanned it and it had gone to 75% off.

Thanks for the clarification! I've been frustrated by this in the past.

I dont know if anyone noticed but at a Super Target they also had bike items 75% off. This included kids helmets for 4.98, Dora Scooters for only 6.24 (we bought several as gifts) as our son loved the Spiderman scooter and we paid 30 for it last year. They has Spiderman roller Skates for 4.98 too.

We also picked up Spike, Little Mommy dolls, Sorry, My Little Pony, and another 200 worth of stuff all at 75% off.

Thanks! Bought a bike seat yesterday at only 50%, but I'll check again since I know your store already went 75%. May I ask what age your son was when he loved his scooter. Looking for a gift for a niece.

Kinda early to ask about toys, but I picked up one of those Pet Shop games (shop the mall or something...). I really hesitated and actually passed it up at one store, but then picked one up later.

The age on the game says 9+. From my experience in pet shop "crap", which is pretty vast with 3 girls, I'm not sure my soon to be 9 year old would appreciate pet shop stuff. My 4 and 6 year old really like to play with them.

However, I bought the game cause if it's a fun game then the pet shop theme probably won't be a big deal to my older daughter. I don't know though....

Has anyone cracked this game open yet or have any experience with giving it/playing it and how it was received?

Kinda silly to make a pet shop game for kids 9 and older (IMO). It just doesn't seem like their audience exactly. However, maybe it's a really cool game. Or, maybe younger kids can play in some modified form.

Oh well, it was cheap. Unless someone has awful things to say about it, I'll probably just keep it.

I found a Christmas Story Train set along with a track expander set and bought a wooden lionel train set in case I can't get the other Christmas Story One. I was playing with the little einstein vtech laptop last night and it seems too complicated for little ones.

thanks to whoever posted the dcpi locator in 3rd quarter 09 :) just type in zip code and either dcpi or the other number which you can get from website.

http://services.rivernorthdesign.com/target/

Edited by tinkrbel