Cookware Set - Pots/Pans

I'm looking for a fairly high-end cookware set for the kitchen. Something that carries a solid warranty, for $150-$200ish.

I don't want stainless steel, and I don't want that crappy brand with the grooves everywhere (Circulon).

8pc, 10pc, etc.. doesn't matter. Just looking for something that's going to last for a long time and have a rock solid warranty.

I need it by Christmas, so I don't mind waiting a bit :cheesy:

Sam's club has a 12 pc. set that a friend has. It's that hard anodized stuff and seems to be holding up pretty nicely. I don't think it has any of the grooves that Circulon tends to have. Macy's is another place to check for sets. They are running a lot of sales this week. Good Luck.

I prefer to buy pieces rather than complete sets. I have two Calphalon non-stick saute pans, an All-Clad saute pan and pot, several Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron pieces including a Dutch oven and covered pots and a couple old-fashioned cast iron skillets. They all get used often and have been used for years with no problems. Cast iron requires a little work in the beginning to season, but just gets better and better over time.

I've had everything and I absolutely LOVE my Rachael Ray set. You can pick up a full set for around $150. It's much more expensive when buying by the piece.

I only have 2 skillets and they get used multiple times daily. I've had them for over a year and they still look brand new. To clean them, you just have to wipe them out.. even after scrambled eggs.

I'm not a RR fan, but received these as a gift. I am getting another set for Christmas!

I've had everything and I absolutely LOVE my Rachael Ray set. You can pick up a full set for around $150. It's much more expensive when buying by the piece.

I only have 2 skillets and they get used multiple times daily. I've had them for over a year and they still look brand new. To clean them, you just have to wipe them out.. even after scrambled eggs.

I'm not a RR fan, but received these as a gift. I am getting another set for Christmas!

I love my RR set too! Not a fan either, won mine through her contest last year. The handles are great on them also

Best I've found so far is the Calphalon 8 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set for $150 shipped @ Amazon -> http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-8-Piece-Simply-Nonstick-Cookware/dp/B001R70XIY

It has a 10 yr warranty, hard anodized and non-stick surface. If there is ever an issue, I can ship the item back to Calphalon, and they replace it for free.

The downside of the hard-anodized ones pointed out earlier, is that it isn't non-stick. Everything you cook needs to constantly be stirred or used butter/oil to prevent sticking. I think I've used one of those before when making sauce, if you don't stir it every minute or so, it bakes onto the edges.

Edited by BobbyDouglas