So who is actually doing Bestbuy?

Klownicle

With time coming to a close here, we have less than 5 days till the Wednesday starting lineup for people. Who is actually planning to get to there local Bestbuy and camp out this year?

The ad is lack luster, and it seems the deals people are actually posting on will be available online according to the ad.

The netbook says in the ad it will be available online thanksgiving and friday so no other real reason for me to wait. Ill still do my recon and see if anyone is crazy enough to wait at bestbuy for nothing wild.

Anyone think the turn out will be far less then previous years?

My parents and I may combine funds to get DS and DIL the Sony Handycam with 60GB They will be new parents by Christmas and I think this would be a great gift, so I am hoping to get one

My ds 12 wants this camcorder and I am 60 miles from Best buy so I have it already put in my online shopping cart and I will be checking out at 11:00 p.m. thursday night and going to our nearest town that doesn't have the crowds to get the smaller items. I'm going tomorrow to Walmart to get the Guitar hero 5 bundle and his big items will be taken care of.

With time coming to a close here, we have less than 5 days till the Wednesday starting lineup for people. Who is actually planning to get to there local Bestbuy and camp out this year?

The ad is lack luster, and it seems the deals people are actually posting on will be available online according to the ad.

The netbook says in the ad it will be available online thanksgiving and friday so no other real reason for me to wait. Ill still do my recon and see if anyone is crazy enough to wait at bestbuy for nothing wild.

Anyone think the turn out will be far less then previous years?

After about 13 years of being in the top 10 at Best Buy this year not only will I not be on line all night, I don't have any intentions of even going there later in the day. There is the 1.5TB hard drive I was considering but I'm not going to wait all night for that when Walmart, Staples, and a few others have a 1TB on sale. Getting on line Wednesday night or early Thursday was a long time thing and it hurts that it has come to an end but the Best Buy sales this year suck :yuck:

After about 13 years of being in the top 10 at Best Buy this year not only will I not be on line all night, I don't have any intentions of even going there later in the day. There is the 1.5TB hard drive I was considering but I'm not going to wait all night for that when Walmart, Staples, and a few others have a 1TB on sale. Getting on line Wednesday night or early Thursday was a long time thing and it hurts that it has come to an end but the Best Buy sales this year suck :yuck:

Sadly, I'm not doing BB camping this year, either. I've been in the top 5 for the last 6 years. But this year nothing has jumped out saying "I gotta have that." There are a couple of things (non-doorbuster) I'll get if I can find them online. But if I can get them I won't be crying in my diet coke. Perhaps I'm just teched out... :(

Taz, check BB when they go online Thurs with the BF deals. Last year (yes, I know I was in line in front of the store (#3) Thurs morning) I ordered everything I wanted online (except for 3 things, all ticket items) and had them shipped free. Sure made it easier than finding & lugging a receiver, subwoofer, hard drives, etc. through the store. Last year I was able to order the WD 1TB external drives online (non-doorbuster item). Hopefully they will have the WD 1.5TB drives (non-doorbuster item) online this year.

HTH... :)

is the 179$ compaq laptop an online deal? lol if it is i hope not to wait outside in the cold for that laptop, but if i have to i will

Yes it looks like it is, the ad stats shop online thursday and friday during thanksgiving and then right below that is the laptop. So thats my guess.

What makes you a all seeing oracle. Im not believeing in any mircles to happen at the last minute. I did that last year, and was in line and .... nothing.

I see what it is, you just want me to keep refreshing ;)

So are you going to bestbuy then this year?

What makes you a all seeing oracle. Im not believeing in any mircles to happen at the last minute. I did that last year, and was in line and .... nothing.

I see what it is, you just want me to keep refreshing ;)

So are you going to bestbuy then this year?

Call it what you will, the decision to augment the advertisement has already been approved. You will just have to wait to find out what those items will be.

I never divulge where or when i will show up, but if you see a bat signal on the side of a best buy building you may as well head to another one.:D

what say bigjim?

I'm skipping B&M this year, possibly get a few bluray online but I'm sure amazon will outprice them like last year.

BB is such a massive headache on BF I find it best to avoid if at all possible else show up sometime overnight or earlier if I NEED something. Last year there was still a line around building over an hour after opening and there couldn't have been anything worthwhile.

Call it what you will, the decision to augment the advertisement has already been approved. You will just have to wait to find out what those items will be.

I never divulge where or when i will show up, but if you see a bat signal on the side of a best buy building you may as well head to another one.:D

Best Buy Pre-Black Friday 4-Day Sale Starts Today!

Is that what you were talking about?

Same here. In the past I never tell or hint which BB I'll be at, or what time. I have been top 10 on line for the past 12 years. I will however tell that Best Buy IS NOT one of the stores I even plan to shop this year. Nothing I need there for a price worth spending over 24hrs (or more) on line for. The few decent items they have on sale I can either price match it at Walmart buy at Staples for a very good price, not exact but still not worth standing on line all night in the cold.

I cant believe Im saying this because I am a best buy junkie when it comes to black Friday. Last year I did not go out but I shopped only because i had major surgery. I normally camp out 24 plus hours . I am a pro when it comes to best buy shopping But, I shopped on line and bought my stuff on best buy. But in reality there is really nothing I need at best buy this year:shock: I am going to go to Home Depot or Lowes. We are getting my Mom a fridge , walmart and target. Maybe TRU for some of my video games but that is it.. Most of my shopping is done which is a rare for me too. I normally do not do any of my big ticket items until I see the ads but I already bought my son his computer he wanted thankfully its not in any of the ads LOL. And I bought my netbook from verizon for 80.00 with a 2 year contract which is cool. I have been already using it and it works great on the interstate 95.. Next test is I 10 to Pensacola and hopefully it works good at my moms house. she is in the boonies and most things dont work to well out there unless your outside but If I have to go outside and play on the net and shop on black fri I will. Also, I am going to Old Navy on Thanksgiving day as well as kmart :eyepoppin And really there is no door busters I need so I am actually going later in the day to shop. I can not believe I am saying that but its true.It helps that I am almost done shopping of course. BUT, my oldest did inform me he wanted an Hd monitor and he is the one I am having the trouble finding stuff for but if I cand find him one I will get him the one i got from dell for my self 24 inches and it was under 200.00:eek:

Same here. In the past I never tell or hint which BB I'll be at, or what time. I have been top 10 on line for the past 12 years. I will however tell that Best Buy IS NOT one of the stores I even plan to shop this year. Nothing I need there for a price worth spending over 24hrs (or more) on line for. The few decent items they have on sale I can either price match it at Walmart buy at Staples for a very good price, not exact but still not worth standing on line all night in the cold.

I keep an internet connection to do the early price matches, so i lose out on absolutely nothing. Giving others your intended arrival time is an invitation to an ever escalating "time of arrival" war. However well intentioned some may be, it is foolish to speculate when you are potentially going to give someone that lives in your area the ammunition they need to beat you there every time.:eyepoppin