BF Eyeglasses

danniioc

I'd love some prescription sun glasses. If anyone knows of any deals or any places that sale them at a reasonable price, please share. ;)

zennioptical.com that kdspark mentioned will add sunglass tint for only $4.95. Check them out. As soon as we get our new eyeglass prescriptions I will be ordering from them, both regular glasses & sunglasses. Will save me at least $200.00... probably more.

Thanks kdspark for the info... Appreciated!

zennioptical.com that kdspark mentioned will add sunglass tint for only $4.95. Check them out. As soon as we get our new eyeglass prescriptions I will be ordering from them, both regular glasses & sunglasses. Will save me at least $200.00... probably more.

Thanks kdspark for the info... Appreciated!

Not looking for glasses now, but am considering in near future....do they have glasses in larger sizes ? Go ahead giggle it is ok.... we have a bunch of melon heads over here...need glasses with some width.

Do they give measurements, or code/describe them as large/ etc ?

They list measurements from all angles of the glasses. You might see one frame you like,but not the color. You click on it and there may be 5 different colors.

My students love my changing glasses with outfits!

Just remember the shipping is slow depending on where you are.

D

I dont think I remember having heard of any sort of medical prescription glasses on sale for black friday? I see sales in the coupon section from time to time just on a weekly basis - but I dont think places like opticians and such participate in such sales. At least not in my area or that I am aware of? Zennioptical.com is about as cheap as it gets and they are there all the time! :)

If you have a vision center in your WM, you might want to check there...my dh's best friend is an optometrist at one in NY, and he's told me in the past that they will have sales on contact lenses on BF, so maybe they do on glasses as well? I know BF is one of their biggest days in the vision center as well...

Lenscrafters sometimes has good deals. Not necessarily on BF... but just around the holidays. I bought a pair of Ray-Ban glasses earlier this year and they came out to around $750. HOWEVER... they had a special - buy the frames, get the lenses 1/2 off. With insurance, and the deal, I got my $750 pair of glasses for $400. :) I was happy! **Then I took that extra money and blew it on something at the Apple Store... that's the guy in me. lol.**

how do you get the right fit when you order the glasses on line?

Go to a local eyewear dealer, try some frames on, and have them measure your eyes. Take note of these measurements, styles, etc that you like and then plug those into the website when you find something.

how do you get the right fit when you order the glasses on line?

You can also look inside the glasses that you currently own and on the inside of one of the temples, should be 3 #'s similar to these: 135, 52, 17. The 135 is your temple length, the 52 is the width of your lense and the 17 is the width of the nose area. Occasionally there is another number that will denote the height of the lense.

Check out http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com/ to completely understand your prescription.

You can also get your pd from your eye doctor{most will measure it during eye exam}

Also If its asks for an OC(optical height) Take the measurement from the top of the frame to the bottom and divide in half

Also most measurements are defined in millimeters

Definitely read the glassyeyes blog. It is well worth the read. Stores will measure PD for free but lenscrafters is getting VERY snotty about it. I usually go in and ask for just that. Only one employee flat out refused to do it and his manager did it.

I have a very high power lens and with the astigmatism it is tricky. I have had the best luck from zennioptical. I have used 39dollarglasses.com and eyebuydirect.com and they did not hold up as well. The only "problem" I have had is that I paid extra from eyebuydirect for photochromic lenses (get darker in the sun) and they don't change much. Certainly not as much as the brand name Transitions lenses do when you get them from the optometrist.

My glasses are now bifocal. I am waiting for them from zenni now. At LC they would have been almost $1000 for ONE PAIR with frames under $150 (hard to find at our LC). At the less expensive eye place they would have been $330. My dh has been in bifocals for 5 years now and his were $350 for 2 pairs. Over the phone they told me $178 for 2 pair no line bifocals so I refused to order them. Took my PD and ran!

I got 2 pair from zenni for $121. But that includes the high power and one pair has sunglasses that attach magnetically.