How early do I need to be at Target?

sdigman

This is the only BIg item my oldest daughter wants. She of coarse wants blue because that is her favorite color.

Will it still be over in electronics ?

I know they open at 5am I am wondering what time would all of suggest? This is the only Target in the area so I am guessing it will get hit hard. I would think they have a good supply, well more then what Kmart usually has when it comes to a hot item.;):yup:

The lastest would be midnight. (just so you are in the front of the line). If its the only Target in your area... Earlier would be up to you. I know I was heading to Walmart last year and past my one Target... It was a little after midnight and there was already a good line of 20-30 people.

I was thinking iPod too. My general advice is that if there's something you really want and 1.) it's a doorbuster or 2.) the store doesn't give rain checks, then you need to be at the store at least an hour before it opens. A store like Target that doesn't do a ton of doorbusters isn't going to have a long line outside, but you really don't want to take a chance. If it's not a door buster and the ad doesn't specifically say "no rainchecks" then I would save that store until the end of my shopping expedition.

I would also go to that store earlier in the week and see how they're handling it. Where will it be? Are they handing out tickets at the door or at a counter in the store (if at all)? About how many do they think they'll have in stock?

I went to Target for the first time last year. I was mad at DH because he was slow about getting ready and I got there 30 minutes before they opened!! I was in line all the way down the sidewalk and around the side of the building. I knew there was no way I would get the Mario DS I was after. I got in and made a bee line for the electronics. To my surprise they had stacks of DS's behind the counter and they were handing them out near the game cabinet too. I got everything on my list last year. Now I don't know if it is because I am from a small city or because it was a new store but I had a great experience at Target! This year I am going to get there earlier (fingers crossed).

It depends on where you live, here the only store with people waiting the day before is Best Buy & some other electronic stores have people lining up around 10-12 pm, the rest of the stores an hour or 2 before depending on the store is fine. Old Navy opening up at 3 am may change all that though and stores opening earlier this year, people have to decide which line to stand in first...

What time do you think I should get in line for one of the DSI with the 20 gift card. It is really the only thing I need to get. The rest of my shopping day will be whatever happens happens but I need to get that DSI for my DS If I bought it the day before thankgsgiving could I return it and re-buy it bf and get the gift cards?

There are a lot of Targets in my area and I know which one will be the least busy. I wandered in 2 years ago at 7 and got things in the ad (not doorbusters) and checked out without waiting in line. How early would you think I'd need to get in line for the Sony Blu-Ray player?

There are a lot of Targets in my area and I know which one will be the least busy. I wandered in 2 years ago at 7 and got things in the ad (not doorbusters) and checked out without waiting in line. How early would you think I'd need to get in line for the Sony Blu-Ray player?

I am going for the blu-ray player also. We're probably going to get in line around 3am.

do you think if I bought the dsi early they would price adjust and give me the $10 gift card on black friday?

The price adjustment you'd have to check on a store-by-store and likely manager-by-manager basis. The gift card almost definitely will not happen. If you get a very generous CS clerk and actually bring the item in, there's a chance (slim) that they'd let you return it and rebuy it but I would not count on that.

I will probably get to Target about 4:15am or so. The nearest Target for me is about a 40 min drive. And across the street from it is WalMart and a Kohls. I live in a fairly rural area and back in 2006 when I last went to Target WalMart opened at 5 and Target at 6. So people went to WalMart first then came over to Target.

So I am thinking the WalMart people will be over there and not much of a big line at Target.

And that year I did arrive about 5:10 am and was about 50th in line.....