Spinning Christmas trees!!! Help!!!

Hummin Bird

So my DH just called and informed me that since I relingushed and said okay to a fake tree this year ( I prefer real trees) that he wants one that spins around? Apparantly in the lobby at his job they have a 8 footer that spins.

Do they have trees that do this, or is there a special stand I need to buy?

I have not looked in stores for any new fake trees in awhile, but yes they have trees that spin, not as bad as you might think....I had one and mine moved slowly....

The good point of it is that if you have alot of special ornaments, everyone gets to see them, because they rotate infront of them ;)

I wish you luck in coping with your fake tree...

I have not looked in stores for any new fake trees in awhile, but yes they have trees that spin, not as bad as you might think....I had one and mine moved slowly....

The good point of it is that if you have alot of special ornaments, everyone gets to see them, because they rotate infront of them ;)

I wish you luck in coping with your fake tree...

lol thanks :)

Some people tend think im a bit obsessed with having a real tree, buts its really all about the nostalgia for me. Besides I love being able to pick the widest tree in the bunch. I love fat trees lol. And most of the time the fakers under $200 arent as fat (lol) as I want them to be.

But im sure i'll be okay.

Edited by Hummin Bird

too bad he's not planning on pickup up one of the old timey aluminum ones with the colored light spinner.

I have a 7' sparkly silver tree with a color wheel. Two years ago I decided I wanted it to spin but rotating tree stands were hard to find and expensive. Finally found one at boscovs.com. They have it again this year for $41.99 at http://tinyurl.com/ye8rxn3.

We have one of the big pre lit spinning trees...( we also added more lights to it) it just wasn't "pretty" enough to me lol

But after we got it... it was pretty BIG.. and our space isn't huge.. so we have ended up just not plugging up the one plug that makes it spin.

But they are pretty when they turn.. it spins slowly.

So my DH just called and informed me that since I relingushed and said okay to a fake tree this year ( I prefer real trees) that he wants one that spins around? Apparantly in the lobby at his job they have a 8 footer that spins.

Do they have trees that do this, or is there a special stand I need to buy?

OMG that s so funny! I've never heard of a spinning tree. I loved to see one but I don't think I'd like it in my own house. I can just see my kids standing in one spot rearranging the ornaments each time they come around.

we only go with real as well

late after presents on christmas morning my husband and father would be to likely to say..."ya know if we added the motor from a dremel...." and I would be picking ornament bits out of the plaster....in a house of tinker-ers it just wouldnt have a chance....

The spinning trees don't make a complete turn do they? They turn almost all the way around one way and then turn all the way around the other. Atleast the ones I've seen are like that. If it's prelit it usually has plugs up the center of the pole...un-lit it has a cord in the bottom to plug lights in.

The base I bought has a short electric cord with a single plug-in for lights and it's positioned to turn with the tree. I've wondered how many people have used a wall plug for their lights without thinking and what happened.

This made me LOL! Great visual!

The spinning trees don't make a complete turn do they? They turn almost all the way around one way and then turn all the way around the other. Atleast the ones I've seen are like that. If it's prelit it usually has plugs up the center of the pole...un-lit it has a cord in the bottom to plug lights in.

Don't know about the trees, but my stand goes around a full 360* around. It plugs into the center of the stand and the center turns and spins the tree.

we only go with real as well

late after presents on christmas morning my husband and father would be to likely to say..."ya know if we added the motor from a dremel...." and I would be picking ornament bits out of the plaster....in a house of tinker-ers it just wouldnt have a chance....

I LOL'd at this one!!!

OMG that s so funny! I've never heard of a spinning tree. I loved to see one but I don't think I'd like it in my own house. I can just see my kids standing in one spot rearranging the ornaments each time they come around.

I am picturing my boys 7 and 9 with the spinning tree trying to grab the ornaments as they go by :cheesy::cheesy:....now I'm picturing our 2 cats getting in on the act :shock:...nope, no spinning tree for us:no:! Thanks for the laugh though, I needed it.:)

We have rotating tree. We got it at K-Mart a several ago when they first became popular (and reasonably priced.) It's either 6 or 6.5 foot, and is quite fat. I think we paid around $89-99 for ours on sale. The base spins allowing the tree to rotate, it's not speedy and in the 6-7 years we used it no ornaments ever fell off, and it still works great.

We can't use it now because it gets in the way of my grandfather's walker (our living room is TINY.) I had to buy a smaller tree last year. Our new one's still a 6 foot, but it's skinnier. They had a 40% off sale at Target last year.

This conversation makes me want to put up our tree. Actually, I am going to put up the Christmas decoration in my bedroom tommorrow, including my tree. Just have to figure out whether I'm going to use the 3ft or 4ft tree! :holiday07

Long story short, the rotating trees are really cool but you need a larger space in order to use them effectively. Tiny living rooms do not cut it! :)

I purchased a rotating stand from JCPenney's 3 years ago for $25. It works with trees up to 8' tall. Mine was 7 1/2. Last year I purchased a pre-lit and for some reason the stand won't work with that tree because when I turn it on the lights go out. I didn't want to short it out so I didn't use it. It works with my other pre-lit with no problems.

can you believe rotating trees have been around for over 30 yrs? DH and started dating in 1975. that Christmas was our first and when i saw his parent's tree spinning, i was just captivated. i couldn't believe there was such a thing! we always had a real tree in our house and everyone we knew had a real tree, so i had never seen anything like this. at the time i was 17 and you would have thought i was 5, seeing something for the first time.

sorry for hijacking the thread. just had to throw that in.

I've never seen one, but this thread just brought on the emotion of NOT having a tree at all this year. With new nephew my brothers old furniture got rehomed in our house so no space for a tree.

If I see these rotating stands on sale after xmas I'll definitely buy one. Should be a laugh for next year with bella(shih tzu) who has never had a xmas tree and trina (australian shepherd) who howled the first time I turned on musical lights last year:P

Yall are killing me with laughter here!! Our tree spins very slowly so we have never had ornaments fall off and our crazy dog does not mind it either and my kids love it! I add extra lights to mine and just plug them at the top where the star would plug in and then plug the star into that! We do have to watch the bottom branches and be sure there not hanging too low or the tree will unplug itself. Mine spins all the way around and I can pick which direction I want it to spin.....I've never seen the half spin ones. Pampam...your comment is still making me giggle!!