Has anyone heard of Mind Flex?

Kim3498

My son is such a science lover, I am seriously considering this for Christmas. Has anyone else heard of this? It is a mind controled game where you can control things with your mind. Does anyone have this product? If so, is it as interesting as it looks?

My son is such a science lover, I am seriously considering this for Christmas. Has anyone else heard of this? It is a mind controled game where you can control things with your mind. Does anyone have this product? If so, is it as interesting as it looks?

My son (10) is very interested in this also!

IDK-I'm skeptical of the whole thing and the price tag-yikes!

Not only that,but how much play will they actually get from it?

I'm thinking of some more hands-on types of things.

I've seen where Jamie and Adam from MythBusters have a line of kits....even my 18 y.o. likes these!

My DS would love something like this but the price tag is scary. DH is also a bit leary about it and wonders if it actually works and how much use he would get out of it. I am now looking for a robot he can build since he has actually been asking for one for a few years.

I've seen where Jamie and Adam from MythBusters have a line of kits....even my 18 y.o. likes these!

I know what ya mean. I don't know if he would use it as much as I would like. He hasn't saw it advertised yet, but DH is convinced that he would love it. Thanks for letting me know about the MythBusters kits. I will check that out. He loves that show.

Have they tried the Alternative Energy Lab? Did you order them from the Discovery Store?

My nephew who is 9 has it and told my children over the weekend that the game is a "rip off". I don't know exactly what was wrong but I would check and see if there are any reviews on Amazon for the game. I saw the commercial for it the other day and was skeptical as well.

My nephew who is 9 has it and told my children over the weekend that the game is a "rip off". I don't know exactly what was wrong but I would check and see if there are any reviews on Amazon for the game. I saw the commercial for it the other day and was skeptical as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

This is what my son marked on his list as his MUST HAVE from Santa gift. So according to DH even if its a rip off we must not break tradtion and he will be getting it. He has been begging for this since August. Gosh im praying I can find it atleast 20-25 bucks cheaper than the current price.

This is what my son marked on his list as his MUST HAVE from Santa gift. So according to DH even if its a rip off we must not break tradtion and he will be getting it. He has been begging for this since August. Gosh im praying I can find it atleast 20-25 bucks cheaper than the current price.

It is in the TRU big toy book for $59.99 starts Sunday..

Have they tried the Alternative Energy Lab? Did you order them from the Discovery Store?

They are on page 30a of the TRU toy book that just came out. Looks like they are $14.99 each: Power of Air Pressure, Weird World of Water or Forces of Flight. I'd have to look at them to see if they are worth it.

They are on page 30a of the TRU toy book that just came out. Looks like they are $14.99 each: Power of Air Pressure, Weird World of Water or Forces of Flight. I'd have to look at them to see if they are worth it.

Thank you for that information. I will be sure to keep an eye out for these sets.

• 2 weeks later...
Well...I had a perfect opportunity to ask DS his opinion of this product. The commercial came on the other day. He explains to me how it works...I blanked out after he said something about fans. Lol. Anyway, after DH thought he would love it, turns out he's not interested in it at all. Glad I didn't rush out and buy it.

For what its worth....toys r us has these....asking 59.99. They aren't in stock often and the same people who are grabbing all the Zhu Zhu's for ebay are grabbing these. That being said, they can often be found on www.mattel.com. They are asking a bit more than TRU but far less than the ebayers. You might try the Mattel site if you really want this and don't mind paying a little extra. Good luck.

This was shown on qvc's Christmas in July sale.

I thought it was AWESOME until I got to watch it in action. Its a fan that shoots the ball around. Kinda lame really.

Younger kids would probably get a kick out of it but the older ones will probably know its the fan moving the ball, not their minds.

If anyone is looking for these they are in the Kmart ad for this week. $49.99. My son didn't want one but we picked one up for our cousins little girl. Our Kmart didn't have any, so they offered us a raincheck or they could call a nearby Kmart and have them hold them. So, we had one held and went and got it. Alot better than $99