How long do you leave your christmas trees up?

Jen08

We always put our Christmas tree up the 1st weekend in December. We would love to do it thanksgiving weekend but with all the shopping that I do, its just impossible. I am just to give out to bring all the decorations down from upstairs.

Anyway...how long does everyone keep their trees up? I always take mine down the day after christmas. I have a friend that has kept hers up close to Valentines day. Does anyone keep theirs up year round? My aunt use to keep hers decorated and ready to be plugged in all year round. SHe would just store it and then pull it out at christmas.

I will put mine up the 2nd week of November and take it down right after new years day! I would put it up now if DH would let me lol!

I wanted to put our tree up last week, but DH says it's WAY too early! I guess I will wait till the 2nd week in Nov also. We usualy keep it up about a week after Christmas, But when our DS was little he LOVED the tree so much I kept it up till V-day!

I grew up with a fake tree so I refuse to get one now. I only get real trees. We normally go around the 2nd week of December and it is normally dead by Christmas so DF takes it with him to the desert the day after Christmas and burns it. Its crazy to see how fast that thing goes up in flames and scary too!

We put ours up Thanksgiving day because its tradtion for our combined familes (our mothers are bestfriends and weve spent childhood and every holiday together lol so it was only logical we end up as a couple)

and we take it down Jan 1st. because of some kind of superstition that if you take it down before the new year you will have bad luck for the year.

We only get a live tree as well. I grew up with fakes ones and so I try to get a real one every year. Anyway, I'm really really good about making sure our tree has enough water in it so that it never dries out. I honestly think i could keep it up a few weeks after christmas but I'm not going to take that chance. LOL! One thing I do love is looking thru all my christmas decorations. Mainly b/c I go shopping the day after christmas to buy stuff for the next year so when I open up my christmas boxes, I'll see "new" stuff that i had forgotten that I had bought. :)

Which tree??? LOL we have 5 trees. The kids will put up their tree sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving. The rest of the trees will go up between Thanksgiving night and the Thanksgiving weekend. We normally everything down Jan 1st or the first weekend after New Years.

I had a neighbor that would take down every stitch of Christmas decorations on Christmas afternoon. They'd start around 2pm on 12/25 and would literally remove any trace of Christmas from their house - including the outside!

Did you live in Elizabethton? If so, that would be me... lol.. Tree goes up Thanksgiving weekend and yep, it comes down Christmas afternoon....

Our 2 trees (one is only 4 foot) go up the week of Thanksgiving (so if I have time a few days before Turkey day, if not then during the long weekend.)

Trees come down usually the day the kids return to school-Jan 2, or 3rd--except last year, a few days after Christmas, the 4 foot one was stripped of holiday decorations and Black n Gold garland and STEELER decorations went on until we won the Superbowl-my boys liked this. :D

my tree goes up the monday or tuesday before t day... ornaments go on t day as a family activity. come down as soon as i get a chance after new years... usually when my son goes back to school unless i can get him to "help" the rest of the christmas decorations get put up when I have time.

we get our tree the sunday after thanksgiving and we put the ornaments on that night and eat snack foods for super like summer sausage,cheese,crackers,dip,lil wennies,cookies,sauage balls,and hot chocolate! then we take down the tree around new yrs sometime i think its after but not sure its usally whenever the floor is covered in pine needles lol we like to leave it up as long as possible! (why cant christmas last a few months lol!!!