Bath and Bodyworks after Xmas Sales

kdspark

They took that coupon for me. Why would it not be valid? It must depend on the manager.

But here's my BIG problem -- I went Monday to stock up on the soaps -- I do it every January and buy for the year, and there was ONE lonely soap, and it wasn't even on sale. I said "are you getting any more in?" and the bimbo behind the counter says "uh, no, I don't think so," and I said "what, never????" and she says, "yeah, I don't think so. we didn't even get any in for the holiday sale. I don't think we're stocking them anymore." And I just about fell over.

Can anyone who works at BBW confirm this?? That they're not stocking SOAP anymore? Not body wash, soap. I think the girl was just an idiot (you should've seen her vacant expression) ... please tell me she was wrong!!!

kind of uncalled for to be referring to someone you don't even know behind a counter as a bimbo

how would you like it if that were your mom/sister/daughter/niece, etc.?

people can be really ignorant when it comes to retail workers

for some reason they seem to think that they are of a lower status just because they work in a store

I don't think a lot of people know or care how much abuse those people take working with the general public, especially around the holidays

when I was a teenager I worked at the mall and I had quite a few instances of severe mistreatment from middle aged house fraus (how do you like that for name calling :P)

seriously ladies, we should all have a little more understanding when it comes to our fellow human beings

they have feelings too

They took that coupon for me. Why would it not be valid? It must depend on the manager.

But here's my BIG problem -- I went Monday to stock up on the soaps -- I do it every January and buy for the year, and there was ONE lonely soap, and it wasn't even on sale. I said "are you getting any more in?" and the bimbo behind the counter says "uh, no, I don't think so," and I said "what, never????" and she says, "yeah, I don't think so. we didn't even get any in for the holiday sale. I don't think we're stocking them anymore." And I just about fell over.

Can anyone who works at BBW confirm this?? That they're not stocking SOAP anymore? Not body wash, soap. I think the girl was just an idiot (you should've seen her vacant expression) ... please tell me she was wrong!!!

Are you referring to the bar soaps that go on sale for $1? They stopped carrying them last summer. In June, when they have their other "Big" sale they announced it and said "be sure to stock up". The saleswoman said they may still offer them online after that; I have not checked, so I don't know if they do or if they are on sale for $1. That was a nice deal, I always stocked up six months at a time. I'll have to find a new brand of soap soon : ) By the time I got to the sale last June, there wasn't much left, so I am almost out of their soap.

Considering the service I got, I don't consider it uncalled for at all. Would you prefer brain-dead, apathetic, preoccupied, obsessed with her pose, gum-snapping teenager? Bimbo's just shorter.

And if someone called my kid that and she was acting that way, she would deserve the insult.

(Middle-aged housewife would be accurate, as far as I'm concerned, so not really name-calling. Now...if you called me a bimbo, I'd be mad....:)

Just to be clear, I have voluntarily written an e-mail to Target this season to compliment an employee who was about the same age as the BBW worker. She provided outstanding service.

I don't expect fawning servility, just basic attention to detail. When someone goes above and beyond, I am incredibly appreciative. When somebody doesn't make the most basic effort, I will take note of it.

kind of uncalled for to be referring to someone you don't even know behind a counter as a bimbo

how would you like it if that were your mom/sister/daughter/niece, etc.?

people can be really ignorant when it comes to retail workers

for some reason they seem to think that they are of a lower status just because they work in a store

I don't think a lot of people know or care how much abuse those people take working with the general public, especially around the holidays

when I was a teenager I worked at the mall and I had quite a few instances of severe mistreatment from middle aged house fraus (how do you like that for name calling :P)

seriously ladies, we should all have a little more understanding when it comes to our fellow human beings

they have feelings too

i know some of you were looking for the glycerin soaps that bbw no longer carries. i was in walgreens yesterday and they had like 10 or 20 of these soaps on the christmas aisle. hope this helps someone :)

They carry certain scents year-round in the soap aisle.I like the cucumber melon for summer!

• 3 weeks later...
my local mall store had 15 bins a items for $3, including body wash, lotion, cream, body butter tubs, body sprays and more. They are re-doing their packaging! They had a lot of scents to chose from and I stocked up! $60 later and 2 big bags I walked out but I won't have to buy any body wash or lotion for a year or more!