How much do you spend on BF?

nikkilugi

I do almost all of my christmas shopping on that day but manage to stay around $500. It just depends how much cash I can get my hands on as I refuse to use anything but cash that day.

I may have to work this year though which will totally stink. I'll be dog tired by the time I get off since I'll have to go shopping before my shift starts. :D

I did most of my shopping on BF last year so I spent over $500 I am sure. I have Christmas Club this year too so I should have around $900 to spend It sounds like a lot but I have 6 kids 2 sets of inlaws, my parents, nieces and nephews. If I can add more I will otherwise I have to stick to the budget (until BF I am going to try to scrimp and buy some stuff so I can do a little more, I really want to get dd 19 the acoustic guitar she wants)

We only have a budget for the kids of about $500-$600 all total and we don't usually find everything on BF. This year we are looking for more electronics type gifts so may spend more this year. I'm also hoping for a lap top for me. So we may end up spenidng the $600 that day...just not all for them. We also like to look at things we NEED that go on sale that time of year like small kitchen apppliances, etc.

The Sale Price that I got my items for was all-in-all worth: $5293.59

The Actual Price that my items retailed for at that time was all-in-all worth: $9534.79

That means for Black Friday 2006, for items that I would've bought throughout the year anyway, I had a Grand Total Savings of: $4241.20

:D

Last year I spent around 600-800 dollars. This year will be the first time I won't be able to buy big items so I guess I won't be spending that much unless it's small. (We'll be in Kansas for thanksgiving for the first time in 10 years. We're driving so with three kids it'll be hard to hide any big presents.)

• 2 weeks later...
Last year was probably about 200 but I didnt get that much shopping done. Really disappointed in the deals. If I can get 60 % of my chrismas shopping done on BF I am a happy camper!! I never really have a $$ in mind, it just takes what it takes to get it done with out going overboard. The better the sales, the happier I am and DH as well!!

I got a $400 Thanksgiving bonus from work last year, that is what I spent on BF. No big ticket items. The year before, I think I spent about $500, again, nothing big but a GB Advance. This year DS wanted the Nintendo DS and grandma bought it for him over the summer, so I lucked out this BF!

I should spend about $500-$600 on BF this year.