Who do you shop with on BF?

ebony0421

My dh and I have made BF, our day. I've found that other people get a little fickle and changed their mind at the last minute, so I don't even bother asking other people anymore. There are those other folks who never want to go out, but always want you to bring them something back. There are a couple of people who I know can't get out there with us crazies and camp out, so I don't mind looking out for them. Who are you going shopping with on BF?

usually with DH. But this year he may have to work on Thankgiving overnight and wont get off from work till 530 am. SOo, I am going to take my 19 yr old son with me to stand outside with me and then meet up with Dh later that day. I am hoping that he doesnt have to work but he wants to because he gets paid triple time

me and my ds hit one store while my dmom and aunt hit another store. My cousins end up at the 3rd and 4th store with their friends. We take everyones list for the store we are going to and then meet to eat and exchange things. We took my dh last year and he said never again..lol

My sister... it's our annual "date" and we make the plan via phone on Thanksgiving solely because we each go to our DHs' families so we have to call and plan out a route that is satisfactory. Inside each store we have went separate ways if we need to in order to get everything we need.

A couple of times my DD went with us, but this year she will be 8 1/2 mo pregnant with a 3 1/2 year old so I think that she won't feel like it.... I will bring back any goodies she wants though!

I am always alone. I have a plan and have no time for others to slow me down, lol.

:yup: That's me. I send DH to another store (usually Target or Toys R Us) with a shopping list while I hit walmart. He wouldn't be able to handle Walmart! Then we meet up for breakfast around 7 a.m. at Bob Evans and then go our seperate ways again to finish out some shopping. We are both usually home with all the shopping done by 10:30-11:00.

My lovely wife has come with me the past couple years to wait in line. My brother was in town last year visiting and was all pumped about coming out... until it was time the night before to go and he decided that he "didn't feel like it" so we went without him and he met us up on Friday.

If mom and dad are here they will go, my DD and oldest DS DS20 and his girlfriend will go. I usually have somebody in various stores with a list. DD19's laptop that we got a BB 4 0r 5 years ago is acting funny. We are going to try a new hard drive but somone may be in line for a laptop this year.

Most years I've had my husband go along, but that's not a whole lot of fun. He hates it and since he's being such a good sport about going I feel like I can't really stay out as long as I want to.

The year before last I went with my aunt. We left my house around 330am and got home around midnight. We had a really good time.

Last year I had to go alone. We didn't have a sitter so hubby had to stay with the kids and my aunt was at her in-laws in another state. This year my aunt says she's going again.

I used to go with one of my sisters in law...or by myself. I think this year I will probably have to go by myself and maybe bring all 3 boys with me! Should be fun! Maybe I can talk my brother into going with me! DH would rather spend more money than to get up early for a good deal! He doesn't see the fun in the whole thing.

My sister, her friend, and I go!! We make it fun. Although, the've had to call and wake me up 2 years in a row!!! I get so worked up the night before, that I have trouble waking up. We plan our strategy the night before. We usually pick up stuff for each other. It's a fun annual event for us. Then we all go eat out together!!!! :) Can't wait to do it again.

i have always went with my mamma but last year my sister and niece went with us ( in a seperate car) i always have friends that I keep in contact with by phone in case we need something at one anothers store though. we tried to take my aunt one year but she was BROWSING!! Yep! Just strolling around the store! I love her very much but never again!

My sister and I go...last year, her boyfriend went for the first time, and he LOVED it! We have our mom and dad watch her kids, and my dh takes our kids to his parents', since he won't go out, and I spend the night at my sister's. We take two (or three) vehicles, depending on our game plan, and we usually end up at different stores, getting whatever we want, so I'll pick up stuff for her, and she'll get stuff for me, so neither one of us slows the other down, and we know exactly what we are after. I even cased a couple of places last year ahead of time to see where things were going to be, to make it a little bit easier (though you can't do that with Wal-Mart, since the pallets are wrapped, and most not out yet)...it was good her bf came last year, because she had a TON to get in W-M, and having him there helped her get it all! We are constantly in contact by phone to tell each other what we got/didn't get (though it's very rare that we don't get what we went for...though we don't ever go to BB or CC), and at some point, usually after all of the doorbusters are over, and the rest of the world is awake and out shopping, we meet up...we are usually out and done and back home by 10 or 11...

OOOH, I'm excited just talking about it!! ;)

For the past two or three years, I have always gone with my best friend. We get together on the phone Thanksgiving day and plan our route. She has her list and ads for Walmart price matching and I have mine. We take her van or my SUV and it is always FULL and we can barely shut the door or open it for that matter because all the stuff keeps falling out. Hubbies watch the children for us and we usually do not get home until around 1 or 2.

I go with my mom. She isn't as hardcore as me but she does love a good deal and this day is one of the ones where I am actually organized, LOL.

One year there was an altercation at the Wal-Mart we were at my dh loved hearing about it. He acted like he wished he had been there but I know he would NEVER get up at 3:00 in the morning to go shopping. This year I might camp out and he will need to stay home with the kids.

My sister lives about an hour away from me so I go to her house around 9:00p.m. on Thanksgiving night to stay all night with her. We stay up until about midnight planning what stores we are going to and in which order then we get up at 3:00 and go wait in line at the store that is 1st on our list!

I take my DD with me. There's no way I'd find (or could afford) a sitter for that early in the morning. I've already done most of my shopping for her either before BF or after it so whatever I find is either for me or both of us. If I'm shopping for gifts for others, she helps me decide which one to get for who. :) Last year I did get to shop with a couple of friends I met up with in Walmart but we only hit a couple of stores together since she had more people to shop for than I did.