Anyone going out the day after Christmas?

brynnfromtheblock

Bath and Body is gonna have a sale soon. I left the card in the bag at work which I didn't need anyways. I bet the gift basket will be on sale, I hate it when that happens. You buy a gift (retail) for someone, then it'll be on sale days later.

I got something in the mail about this....lots of deals but it said it actually started on Monday, so I don't know what they'll have on Sunday

I go shopping after Christmas and get wrapping paper and the like for next year--not the day after, though, because the clearances aren't good enough yet. Usually about a week after. If I get gift cards or money, I'm usually out there the day after though.

I go a week later when the stuff gets 75% also, but the good stuff goes quick at 50% and I'd like a nice nativity scene, a 4.5 ft tree and some Christmas light swags so I'm going to try and get those on Sunday

Guest DigDoug

I'm looking for some nice stocking hangers. Target had nice ones for $9.99 retail but I would have needed 6 this year with the pet stockings, GF, mine, and my lil' bros. I hope to pick up a half dozen of those at Target tomorrow. Also, I want to get a Tupperware wrapping paper container. My wrapping paper from last year had the creases in it from being bent. It was ok for wrapping stocking stuffers.

Any other good sales anyone knows of? My Chicago Tribune will be delivered at 5am with all the ads...... but I don't realllllllly want to go outside at 5am in 5 degree weather to get it. :D:holiday14

I hit Walmart today and got some wrapping paper for 1.50 a roll. I will probably pick up more later when it's cheaper but I figured I had better get some to be on the safe side. I also picked up some really nice glass canisters for 1.00 a piece I think I will make gifts for next year with them. Chocolate covered cherries where .48 a piece so I picked up some of those also.

Well, I broke down and went out today after all. Good thing I did--there was hardly anything left! What did people do, buy up the store at 8 am? I was there at noon and the shelves were nearly empty! We only bought wrapping paper at Target but at Walmart we scored a lot...a nice 7.5 foot prelit tree in only 3 pieces (no branches to individually assemble) for $50 and a nativity scene for under $5, among other things. We'll have some nice decorations next year.

And I wound up spending part of my Old Navy gift card on my son...sigh. They didn't have the jeans I wanted in my size, and I didn't like any of the tops they had, but they had some jeans cute jeans and a shirt I liked for the almost-5-year-old on sale so I got those. The remaining balance is going to be saved for those jeans, whenever they get them in stock again. And since he only got one outfit yesterday that he can wear (his other gifts are way off, size-wise, and bought at stores out of state. Ugh) he really did need me to get him something else. All in all a very decent day shopping.

Went to Wal-Mart and got 5 rolls of wrapping paper @ 1.47 each. Got some of the perfume sets for 50% off, but the best deal I got IMO is the Conair percussion massager for 6.88, a conair spa for the bathtub for 11.88 and a reversible sheepskin massage mat for 18.00. I can't wait to try the massage mat!!! :yelclap::yelclap:

Well, I went and was glad I did! I even got the hubby to tag along to help me carry the goodies (what a guy!).

I went to Sears and was eyeing this 6.5' foot pre-lit slim tree. Well, it was going to be 75% off. I wanted the color lit one and they were out. :(

But, the girl at the counter said she would sell me the demo for that and an additional 10% off! woooohooo :yelclap: I got it for $26 Then, I bought two packages (2 in each box) of those 3 and 4 foot spiral trees for $7.50 per box. I used a $35 giftcard I had for most of that purchase. Think I paid like $12 total.

I went over to another store (Gottschalks) and they were selling stuff at 60% off and that's where I scored oodles of ornaments for my new tree! :) Also, I bought these cute, ceramic tea light holders (snowmen,santa,mrs. claus,etc) for $1.60 each! I bought 15 of those! That covers my co-workers next year. :)

Then, they cashier produced a 10% off coupon for everything. So, I walked outta there spending like $40.

All in all, well worth the driving. Thank goodness hubby tagged along.

I hit another Walmart today and i got a 8 foot blow up Moose you know the ones with the fan and lights for 8.50! I have been wanting one of these for a few years now. I also got my Stepdaughter makeup kits for 1.19 and .72 and Stepson and eagle figurine for 3.00 (he collects eagles). 75% off at Walmart today for Holiday stuff and two asiles of Toys marked down (web blasers for 7.00! which is what I bought for my sons christmas this year. UGH) Happy shopping!